Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Letters coming in for interviews & informal offers. Post here! Mod note 1st post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

mcleixlip wrote: »
    well done Sean,

postman off the hook - just got offer from NUIM Law department!!!

Also just got call to entrance exam to IT Blanch.... in case anybody else was wondering about them.

:D:D:D

Well done mate, and a friend on the FETAC course with me has also received an offer for Law at NUIM.

Now its decision time have four offers to decided with one interview left to do. lol the wifes not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭eug87

Received a letter from DCU and got offered a place in CA DC121 :) , no more stalking the postman :D.
    Surprised how little time it has taken for a reply but Can't wait to start in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭good logs...

hi all just a question to ask?i got my offer letter for maynooth law yestherday which was great till i realised i fecked up on my cao application so my application is incomplete so can not do it this year??

im just wondering now will maynooth let me except this offer next year without haveing to do the entrance exam again or do i have to start from scratch.

hi all just a question to ask?i got my offer letter for maynooth law yestherday which was great till i realised i fecked up on my cao application so my application is incomplete so can not do it this year??

im just wondering now will maynooth let me except this offer next year without haveing to do the entrance exam again or do i have to start from scratch.

Just wondering how u messed up your application??
    I would ring up CAO and then Maynooth just to go over your CAO application, you could be worrying over nothing.

eug87 wrote: »
    Just wondering how u messed up your application??
    I would ring up CAO and then Maynooth just to go over your CAO application, you could be worrying over nothing.

no i messed up pretty bad as in i never applied???i no it sounds stupid like saying i didnt no i needed a licence to drive a car??
    i just didnt know i thaught cao was for student just after leaving certs?
    this is my first time to ever apply for college so not really up on all,i just applied to maynooth then sat the entrance exam got a place yesday was thrilled until i read all letter then devastation hit in?was the only college i applied for.

well as they say we all learn from or mistakes i certainly have?im just wondering now will they keep the place open for next year or do i have to sit exam again have been trying to ring college today no answer?

• Advertisement

no i messed up pretty bad as in i never applied???i no it sounds stupid like saying i didnt no i needed a licence to drive a car??
    i just didnt know i thaught cao was for student just after leaving certs?
    this is my first time to ever apply for college so not really up on all,i just applied to maynooth then sat the entrance exam got a place yesday was thrilled until i read all letter then devastation hit in?was the only college i applied for.

well as they say we all learn from or mistakes i certainly have?im just wondering now will they keep the place open for next year or do i have to sit exam again have been trying to ring college today no answer?

Try your best to contact Maynooth asap and explain the situation that your in.
    You could try a late CAO application not sure what the deadline is?
    On resitting the exam that you passed that's up to Maynooth to use that for next year, I imagine.
    Hope you get your place,Best of luck man.

Try your best to contact Maynooth asap and explain the situation that your in.
    You could try a late CAO application not sure what the deadline is?
    On resitting the exam that you passed that's up to Maynooth to use that for next year, I imagine.
    Hope you get your place,Best of luck man.

was on to maynooth, to late now for cao but they were great an have differed my place for me for next year so thats all good im happy with that at least i know i def have place for 2013?

@ Good logs

Well that's great news, not all is lost.
    The way I see it is " a glass being half full or half empty." You get your place next year and have a whole year to prepare mentally and financially for college.:)

@ Good logs

Well that's great news, not all is lost.
    The way I see it is " a glass being half full or half empty." You get your place next year and have a whole year to prepare mentally and financially for college.:)

my thaughts exactly im still delighted before i know it another year be gone by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Amity

Alt.End wrote: »
    So far I got rejections from tcd, ucd an rcsi for mature medicine....haven't heard anything from ucc, does anybody know when they send out their letters?
    Although I am not looking forward to letters and e-mails anymore...will just be another rejection;)

To those who applied to UCC mature med route, they interviewed last year during the last week in May (around then anyway!) and they rang/emailed about 10 days before to schedule it, I think they interviewed about 25-30 people and offered 5 places.

Best of luck!

A :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

Received a letter from DCU and got offered a place in CA DC121 :) , no more stalking the postman :D.
    Surprised how little time it has taken for a reply but Can't wait to start in September.

congrats! best of luck, and from a former CA student a word of advice: start assignments early! it's not like an essay you can blitz the night before, coding can be very frustrating to get working!

i also regret waiting till 2nd year to make loads of friends, people in that course tend to be a little more socially awkward than other courses! =]

fiinch wrote: »
    congrats! best of luck, and from a former CA student a word of advice: start assignments early! it's not like an essay you can blitz the night before, coding can be very frustrating to get working!

i also regret waiting till 2nd year to make loads of friends, people in that course tend to be a little more socially awkward than other courses! =]

Cheers man
    I'll take your advice on board,
    just finished exams on a HETAC course in Cloud computing.
    wondering if I can ask you a few Questions,I passed a MTA exam on SQL will that be to any use and how much Maths is involved?Thanks

since i was there they've restructured the course a little bit so i might be a bit outdated but i did an SQL project when i was in second year, it was terrible, only half worked, poorly coded and i still got a decent enough grade so if you have any previous experience of working with SQL you'll have no problems with it.
    as far as maths is concerned a lot of people struggled with it, we did things like data analysis, statistics, probability and lambda calculus as well as other more basic maths through first and second year. all of that can be a bit daunting if you fall behind so make sure you go to tutorials on those, they were far more helpful than the lectures. there's also the maths centre if you need any extra help.

no part fo the course is too difficult if you put the effort in, they want you to pass!

you will love your intro to java with Charlie Daly (if he still does it), and will soon miss how easy it is in comparison to everything else! robot world is a distand memory to me now!

got a letter from DCU for their Bsc in psychology today. the letter doesn't say whether i should contact them to accept / refuse my place but having got Trinity already maybe i should let them know i won't be taking it so someone on the waiting list will find out earleir they have a place? hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dougiex06

I got a letter being called for an interview in NUI on the 30th of May. Problem is its my sisters wedding in Spain and im flying out on the 27th till the 2nd. I rang them and explained the situation and they were quite understanding about it but said they couldn't change the dates as its the last batch of interviews. They're now going to conduct a phone interview with me. I know this is a really bad first impression and was just wondering do you think it will hinder my chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

To be honest I don't know but I would think that they would understand and you probably aren't the only one doing a phone interview

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dougiex06

Yeah, I assume I'm not. I honestly would miss the wedding for this (even though I'd be shot) but the lady I was speaking to said it was out of the question and couldn't ask me to do that. Maybe it wont be too bad. Never done one before, it'll be an experience that's for sure. I wont be able to just rely on my nice suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dunner1

Hey guys , did anyone do the interview for UCC social work during the week , if so how did you get on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

dougiex06 wrote: »
    I got a letter being called for an interview in NUI on the 30th of May. Problem is its my sisters wedding in Spain and im flying out on the 27th till the 2nd. I rang them and explained the situation and they were quite understanding about it but said they couldn't change the dates as its the last batch of interviews. They're now going to conduct a phone interview with me. I know this is a really bad first impression and was just wondering do you think it will hinder my chances?

Nah, I think if they offered you a phone interview it shows the are still willing to give you a chance.

I had to fly home from Malaysia for my interview because TCD wouldn't give me a different interview date. Didn't get in that year. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Got an interview letter for Athlone business this morning and I was a late applicant, just in case that's a help to anyone at all. They gave me a list of things they'll be discussing too which is helpful! :)

Anyone think I should get back onto DIT since they'll have received my application?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

My girlfriend got called yesterday for Business with Music and Instrument Technology in AIT . She wasn't a late applicant so interview time must be the same for everyone.
    Still waiting for my web development to come up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Just got offered my place for DCU DC199, don't have to attend for interview, just got the place. I'm so happy.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Anyone hear from DIT yet? Getting a bit worried...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

Got an offer from Trinity for Law this morning. Really surprised, thought the interview went pretty badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Still waiting on Tallaght. Getting very worried/annoyed. Sent 3 emails with no reply and left 2 messages on the phone. Nothing back. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peacock169

That_Guy wrote: »
    Still waiting on Tallaght. Getting very worried/annoyed. Sent 3 emails with no reply and left 2 messages on the phone. Nothing back. :/

What course are you waiting on? I received an invite to an interview for pharma. science from tallaght this week, if that helps? Thought they left it very late myself, heard back from other colleges ages ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭sean1976

Got an offer from Trinity for Law this morning. Really surprised, thought the interview went pretty badly.

Well done that is a tough course to get on

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭anfield bound

sean1976 wrote: »
    Well done that is a tough course to get on

Thanks sean. I saw you posted a while back that you had an interview in UCD today, how did you get on? I've just come back from mine, very friendly and informal I thought, compared to the trinity one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Anyone waiting on DIT business dept, rang the school secretary last week and they'd said business and marketing course interviews had already been held. Then I got an email this morning to let me know they were going through late applicants and would be calling people for interview in the coming weeks... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

just found out i did nt get a place in NUI Maynooth for the psych course.

Advertisement