Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E3 2011 - The Big Three - Who Won?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Sony, but not by much. The affordable 3D TV and PS Vita were quite impressive.

Whatever guy Ubisoft had presenting was so goddamn annoying.
    Nintendo could have won with a few more BIG games. They didn't even show the new console, just went on and on about the controller.
    The less said about Kinectosoft the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Sony didn't have a bad conference or anything, I mean it was standard, nothing special, but not bad. Same with Nintendo. Microsoft's was just plain awful. NO prospects.

Oh wait, no, didn't the Xbox just get Youtube :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I've gotta say that Ubisoft, for me, was the 'most exciting' one to watch. A slow start but they showed some really good games, a few surprises too to boot.
    Helix wrote: »
    sonys was the most interesting

but in general, all three were dull as hell
    It's been a good few years since the big three press conferences were in any way exciting. I actually cant remember when it was truly exciting to watch one of these.

Speaking of which, when was the last time any of us remember it actually being exciting to watch one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Speaking of which, when was the last time any of us remember it actually being exciting to watch one of these?

I always get excited. MS 2009 was pretty good in terms of entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Nintendo won after less than 10 minutes of their conference, but by the end it was close to Sony.
    Nintendo: A
    Sony: A-
    Microsoft: D
    Ubisoft: B
    EA: B-

I'm generous because I like video games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

For me Sony won only because they will be releasing the Vita before Christmas, you better be Sony :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Going on what interests me the most, Sony. The Vita just looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Why are people expecting to be entertained ?? :confused:

I think some people expect these media briefings to be some kind of extravaganza. They are designed to tell the media what new games and consoles are coming.

Ever since they started getting streamed online gamers are expecting to be entertained by them and each year gets slowly worse trying to do just that.

All i want is new games i can see being played and new consoles i can see being played and thats what i got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

in a nutshell:D
    BhYHo.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement