Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tiger Woods 12 The Masters

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Bought this on release, absolutely loving it.

Finished my first season last night, and won the Masters this morning.

I really like the caddie feature, in general I just like this one alot more than 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Bought this on release, absolutely loving it.

Finished my first season last night, and won the Masters this morning.

I really like the caddie feature, in general I just like this one alot more than 12.

Did you get a high five off shane-o-mac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

TheTosh wrote: »

Hah I was wondering if that was him at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

TheTosh wrote: »

Not only was Shane McMahon absent, but Padraig Harrington finished in 2nd, one stroke behind me.

So much for realism! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I couldn't see any Irish golfers in quick play, do you need to unlock them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭BiffoGooner

I rented this this evening just to see.. Jaysus I've never played such a terrible game in my life. It may as well be called 'Button pushing 2012'. Sure the Caddie in it plays the whole game for you. No decisions to make, weather doesn't seem to have any effect on anything you do. . Even the putting is practically done for you. And turning the caddie off doesn't make it any more enjoyable at all. This game has very little in common with real Golf. Being a boxing fan I have fight night champion aswell. Stalls every 20 minutes or so, along with all sorts of other glitches. How they get away with releasing a game that barely works is beyond me. The eejits that buy their stuff are worse. Shelling out small fortunes for pure rubbish that they obviously didn't spend much time on. Small updates every year and out onto the shelves in no time. I tell ya, give me the days of the PS2 and some of the earlier Tiger Woods titles anytime, 'cause they put this muck to shame. And don't even get me started on the Downloadable stuff. You could pay anywhere up to and over a hundred quid if you were to buy it all. EA are a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Since the caddy doesnt seem to take the wind into consideration, I end up changing like 95% of the shots he suggests. Still dont mind him being there though. I'm still enjoying it but havent played online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

*phew* thank god for boards :)

I used to be a huge fan of this series, and almost bought this a couple of times, as I have not gotten it in a couple of years...

Its a shame the games have gone the way of tiger himself - but maybe they are true to life that way :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wow, Vagga, there's a blast from the past, how you been man? :)

I have a copy of Masters in my drawer in the office for review but with everything else that I have going on (only back from a week's holidays) as well as Crysis 2, Portal 2, Bulletstorm (which I haven't managed to get around to finishing yet unfortunately), Minecraft and Battlefield Play4Free, I'm over run with games atm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Drakar wrote: »
    Since the caddy doesnt seem to take the wind into consideration, I end up changing like 95% of the shots he suggests. Still dont mind him being there though. I'm still enjoying it but havent played online.

Even though he doesn't take wind into consideration his shots still go straight to where he says they will.

its like rather than take the time to program it, they decided the easier option was for the wind to disappear when you take a caddy shot. in fact once you level up and take the caddie shot you just look where its going to land add 2 to 3 touches of spin towards the cup and watch the ball fall in the hole. Easy to get between 20 and 25 under on this game using only caddie shots even with the wind on full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

padr81 wrote: »
    Even though he doesn't take wind into consideration his shots still go straight to where he says they will.

its like rather than take the time to program it, they decided the easier option was for the wind to disappear when you take a caddy shot. in fact once you level up and take the caddie shot you just look where its going to land add 2 to 3 touches of spin towards the cup and watch the ball fall in the hole. Easy to get between 20 and 25 under on this game using only caddie shots even with the wind on full.

What difficulty are you playing on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Finally got my guy up to 100% across the board two days ago , started playing online yesterday , im up to level 4 at the moment . top 100 here i come:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Wow, Vagga, there's a blast from the past, how you been man?
    Still here, just on different forums these days :)

played rank 1 and 2 in the world last night , was 1 stroke up going in to last hole and game stays on loading screen, left it for a while (hour) then quit out , checked my pts lost 100 got dnf , checked theres no dnf plus the got 100 pts each , so bit sussy i checked out there stats the last week , 8 wins 138 losses one guy had , stinks to death . sent the no1 gut a tex saying whats the deal , sends me a tex back saying 50 quid and i tell you , reported straight away , nothing will be done as they already got our money .:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

stuck it in tonight having not played a Tiger since 09. This game is a total pile of poo

smilerf wrote: »
    stuck it in tonight having not played a Tiger since 09. This game is a total pile of poo
    was not too keen on it first either ,but i really got into it after a while.try gey your stats up.

It gets better when you put in some effort alright.

IMO, turning the caddie off is absolutely vital, the putting still tilts me majorly, but it's just because I'm terribad at it. Some of my friends are very good.

tbh lads i'm just finding it too confusing on wat to do. Its so different from 09

tbh lads i'm just finding it too confusing on wat to do. Its so different from 09

How do you mean "what to do"?

got in to the top 40 last night , if i can do it anyone can trust me , i aint that hot.
    http://www.easports.com/leaderboards/ranked/golf-tiger-12?platform=360

(EDIT)im Fat potatoes on xbox

• Advertisement

i'm an eejit lol. The controls are very very different. Also the career mode confuzzles me

i'm an eejit lol. The controls are very very different. Also the career mode confuzzles me

I'm not a fan of the career mode much either, just having tournament after tournament is a bit bleh - preferred the challenges, unlocking new players etc in the older games.

bring back pops i say lol

maybe this will help. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9240122.htm

almanu wrote: »
    thanks

im finding the putting very diffficult
    any tips lads?

thanks

any tips lads?

try master a course you play the most, when your caddie has a course mastered he will give you near perfect reads.

thanks

any tips lads?
    http://www.sportspundit.com/videos/XjSGjvOejpc

how this explains it a bit more clearly .

thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

What I found with putting on the 360, was to move the aiming marker to the front (closest) part of the caddy's suggested aiming circle, and then give it just a touch less of a lead than they suggest (eg if its to the right, dont go quite as far right as they suggest, so very slightly maybe an inch left from what it looks like).

Also when putting, the straightness of your backswing matters just as much as your forward swing (if you mess up the backswing, you can cancel the shot). And make sure to level up the two putting skills (for reducing the size of the miss-hit window, and reducing how much shots are miss-hit inside that window).

• Advertisement

Drakar wrote: »
    What I found with putting on the 360, was to move the aiming marker to the front (closest) part of the caddy's suggested aiming circle, and then give it just a touch less of a lead than they suggest (eg if its to the right, dont go quite as far right as they suggest, so very slightly maybe an inch left from what it looks like).

Also when putting, the straightness of your backswing matters just as much as your forward swing (if you mess up the backswing, you can cancel the shot). And make sure to level up the two putting skills (for reducing the size of the miss-hit window, and reducing how much shots are miss-hit inside that window).
    good man thanks

Advertisement