Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What have you watched recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

Watched Australia last night...my lord its long...i dont know whether i liked it or disliked it. sometimes i was like yeah its good
    enjoyed the cattle by the cliff scene
    but then i was like uggghhh...not a nicole kidman fan really anyway but hugh :)

Curious Case of Benjiman Button - was ok but a little boring in parts...i nodded off at one point

he's just not that into you...girl flick all the way..couple funny bits but nothing too crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Consider dumping her? The thing that annoyed you happened at the end. What the hell happened at the start that made her want to turn it off?

Retarded statements like that annoy me.

And fwiw, I thought it was okay, 7/10. Didn't think Casey Affleck was 100% suited to the role however.

Easy on the personal insults there Vamoose, it's a movie. I thought it was crap. I'm sorry that my personal likes and dislikes have such a profound effect on you. I don't like risotto either, so there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Love how you get all upset when someone says your statement is retarded yet it's okay for you to spout stuff like "If anyone makes you watch it, kill them". One of the most idiotic things I've read on here in a while and that's saying something.

Recently watched the following:

Dead Man's Shoes 8/10
    Before Sunrise 8/10
    Before Sunset 8/10
    Eden Lake 6/10
    Vertigo 7/10
    Russia 88 3/10

I'm not upset man, it's a long time since some newbie has upset me on boards.
    I will consider dumping my girlfriend of 8 years because she didn't like a movie. Yah, I don't think suggestions come any more retarded than that.

Anyway, saw "Hostel" last night and that was crap too. Lot's of gore but just not scary. Didn't care what happened to the characters either. I only got it because they made a second one so the first one must have been good. I'll admit that was retarded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Enjoyed Hostel but part II was rubbish. Wasn't billed as being scary.

Tbh I don't give a **** about your personal life so best leave it out of your posts, or if you're that desperate to post it, wrap spoiler tags around it so I don't have to read it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Last few films I've watched:

Chocolate
    The Fall
    Benjamin Button
    Rendition
    The Wrestler
    Street Kings

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭NedTermo

Last few:

The Wrestler - Probably enough said about it on here, good stuff.

Eagle vs Shark - Quirkly little Australian movie (similar comedic style to Napoleon Dynamite, if you've never seen a grown man beat another grown man in a wheelchair with nunchucks then this is for you)

Half Nelson - Great performances from the main actors, good story too, little different. Good for a change of pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭godspal

watched "12 Angry Men" and "The Pianist"

12 Angry Men was some flick... Very well put together, and so engaging.

The Pianist however was not as good as I thought it would be... Hated the dialogue at the start, really cheesy and insincere. The rest of the film was pretty good but I really despised Adrian Brophy's character. I don't know if we are suppose to feel sympathy for him as
    he weaseled himself out of any situation where he would die while watching toe he love being sent to their deaths. It just irritated that he didn't die, especially at the ending. Or at the very least stand up for his people. What a coward!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

godspal wrote: »
    12 Angry Men was some flick... Very well put together, and so engaging.

One of my favourite films, i could recite it almost word for word at this stage! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i availed of a sky movies special offer this past few months so ive been watching movies several times a week this winter

charlie wilsons war , loved it , phip seymour hoffman is out in front theese days , even julia roberts was good in it

superbad =hillarious , much better than american pie , ( she wants my ****, in and around her mouth

halloween , the rob zombie remake , didnt like it at all , the kid was good but it went downhill when he grew to seven foot

mission impossible 3 , didnt like it at al

finally , all the bond movies are being shown on sky movies right now

my favourtie used to be on her majestys secret service , its now from russia with love followed by thunderball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,051 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Last week or 2 i have watched/ seen

Bad Boys 1 & 2
    Kingdom of heaven
    Bride Wars:eek:
    Die Hard 1,2,3 & 4.... Just dont make action films like they used to
    LA Confidential
    Taken
    Batman Returns & The Dark Knight ...again!!
    Legends of the fall.... seriously i think is a fantastic film

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Jacob's Ladder - Finally got around to watching it, and absolutely adored it! Love the "devils tearing your life away" monologue

Rise of a footsoldier - great stuff if you like violent gang movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

blazing saddles yesterday.

started Star Wars - A New Hope but wasn't in the mood.

Robin Hood - Men In Tights / Princess Bride / Goldmember / Che all in the last week or so.

Haven't been in that much of a film mood so started Dexter instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭paddyb125

Revolutionary Road - Bit of a drag in places but its as rewarding as it is tough going. Brilliant acting.

Nick and Norah's Infinate Playlist
    - Pretty terrible film which I was glad to see finish.

Gone Baby Gone
    - Absolutely amazing, maybe Ben Affleck can be taken seriously now!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Over the past few days I've seen The Gold Rush, Frost/Nixon and The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button.

All fantastic films.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Recently i've seen Gran Torino, Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist and The Reader - Fantastic Films but found Nick & Norah a little bit of a rehash of similar teenage love story movies still very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Fight Club - Terrific film. Brad Pitt is just genius in it.

Die Hard & Die Hard 3. John McClane. 'Nuff said.

Taken - Fight scenes were incredible & listen to that phonecall.

Kelly's Heroes - Ahhh a classic war movie. All-Star cast. Oddball is the man. :D

Great thread for my screenclick queue. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Locamon

Gran Torino 4/5 classic Eastwood
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona 4/5 classic direction from Allen
    The Wrestler 4/5 Rourke back on form.
    The Class 5/5 French teacher trying to get the best from his students in a tough school.
    The Curious case of Benjamin Button 4/5 Brad Pitt on serious cgi.
    Valkyrie 3/5 good historical piece but Cruise is a bit out of sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Westworld - The template for the Terminator series. Yul Brynner riffs on his Magnificent Seven look to great effect here. " Boy have we got a vacation for you" :D

The Searchers - an amazing film in so many ways. Bought it on Blu Ray and well worth the cash.

Cool Hand Luke - Another I bought on Blu Ray in the last week. The film is a great watch as always, some funny and sad moments and pretty much paved the way for One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest imho. The pic and sound quality on blu ray just added to an already great film.

Picked up two Robert Donat films also, "Goodbye Mr Chips" , and "The Count Of Monte Cristo". So they will be viewed pretty soon, along with the blu ray version of Romero's "Night Of The Living Dead"

• Advertisement

Watched Dark City: Director's Cut last night, good craic, thought the music was excellent.
    Also, Jennifer Connolly was in it...*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sammyv

Watched The Wrestler...brilliant film, although i did feel a bit emotional when it was over. Also if you are in anyway squeemish, it might not be for you.

Tropic thunder....for such a great cast, total rubbish.

Slumdog Millionaire - feel good film, really enjoyed it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Haven't watched much over the last few days. Just caught some of Independence Day the other night. It's a shame it's aged so badly, and the version that was shown had some deleted scenes, let's just say they were deleted for a reason!!! Pity, that film was probably the highlight of my cinema going youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

seen collateral starring tom cruise , was actually a good movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Going to Pieces - the rise and fall of the slasher film

Brilliant documentary that traces slasher movies from Halloween right up to present day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭TEDDYBEAR90

confessions of a shopaholic, hilarious film!

• Moderators Posts: 51,702 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Went to see Gran Torino, really enjoyed the movie.

Also watched the following dvds:

Dark City
    V for Vendetta
    Animal House
    Juno

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yesterday I watched...

Man on Wire - great documentary!

Crank - Amy Short ftw!

Punisher: War Zone - Perfect amount of gratuitous violence.

Role Models - You can't really fault Paul Rudd, top comedy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sillyputty

Gran Torino - Not Bad but don't enjoy Clint Eastwood

Slumdog Millionaire - Brilliant Film - deserving of the oscar - beautifully shot

Benjamin Button - Overly Long - story could have been told in a shorter film

The Reader - Loved it but seriously Kate Winslet put on some clothes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

sillyputty wrote: »
    The Reader - Loved it but seriously Kate Winslet put on some clothes.

Sold!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement