Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

need pc games recomendations

• 09-06-2011 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭

Ive recently had a bit of a hiccup with my pc and I've gone from a modern graphics card to a somewhat creaky ati x300 so I pretty much cant play any games made after around 2005.

If anyone has any recommendations for older games worth playing please let me know im getting bored without any games to play :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

uplink hacker elite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Vampire: Bloodlines, 2004
    Half-life 2, 2004
    KOTOR , 2003
    Morrowind, 2003

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Will i dare say Minecraft??......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

sumsar wrote: »
    Will i dare say Minecraft??......

tried playing it the fps was incredibly low virtually unplayable.

kotor isnt a bad idea I might have a save file handy, Hl2 is a good choice but I replayed that recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Spunge wrote: »
    Vampire: Bloodlines, 2004
    Half-life 2, 2004
    KOTOR , 2003
    Morrowind, 2003

good recommendations, to add to that:

Deus Ex
    Baldurs Gate 1/2/ToB
    Fallout 1/2
    Planescape torment
    Thief
    System Shock
    Cs
    DoD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Commandos 1 or 2
    Starcraft Brood Wars
    Worms
    Virtual Pool 3D
    Theme Hospital

Download quake live and play online!. Is always good fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Serious Sam, great game.
    Robot Unicorn Attack is an adictive flash game to pass the time.

what motherboard do you have? onboard GPU could be better than the x300..

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

deus ex, definitely.
    any of the old command & conquers
    far cry
    the original halo [migh be pushing it]
    CoD 2?
    HL1 and all the inbetween missions

if you're not a guns n explosions type person, i recommend broken sword 1, 2 and 3. you can get them in a special pack in gamestop.

other than that, search a bargain bin in a game store you'll find something, probably in the 'Sold Out' brand of games.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Shogun/Medieval/Rome Total War

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

The first three command and conquer games (tiberian dawn, tiberian sun and red alert) have all been released for free, they should run fine. (If you dont mind missing red alerts videos, you can get a smaller version here).

Red alert is bit ugly (patched to 3.0something, but no higher res patches), TD is better (has a higher resolution patch) and TS is actually pretty ok looking, imo. RTS games, btw, very addictive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭johnboysligo

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    what motherboard do you have? onboard GPU could be better than the x300..

no onboard gpu the machine is a self build so I wasnt going to waste money buying a motherboard with a built in gfx card when I was building a gaming machine. The graphics card drivers are so bad anyway that I would have to run older (pre 2005) games on the lowest settings :( hell i cant even watch full screen videos without loosing frames.

Advertisement