Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fable: The Journey

Options
  • 07-06-2011 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6317232/

So what does everyone think of the trailer,its clearly the sister from the first game.Hopefully the game isnt as bad as the last one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

AFAIK it's Kinect only so I don't think I'll be purchasing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

They can keep it mainly because it Kinect but after they refesed to patch the game breaking bugs in Fable 3 like being stuck in the mansion and not being able to get out, and then telling anyone who complained to start a new game, there's no patch :rolleyes:

They will not see another red cent of my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i was newer fan of fable, and i still strugling to finish fable 2.

so i just look at it as a game for motion control. i will say just this: sonys magic advanture game, dont remember the name, looked way more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

so i just look at it as a game for motion control. i will say just this: sonys magic advanture game, dont remember the name, looked way more fun.

dont get fable 3 :D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

dont get fable 3 :D;)

holy crap i heard that alo lol :D

• Advertisement

holy crap i heard that alo lol :D

and its true how dissapointing it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

I finished it out of sheer bloody mindedness, I found the ending extremely underwhelming like the rest of the game. That was a pity because there was the making of a great game in there somewhere buried beneath pointless frivolities and distractions that added nothing to the experience except a vague sense of missed opportunity. From what I've heard Fable 3 ramped that nonsense all the way up to eleven so I gave it a wide berth as I will with the rest of the Fable franchise until Peter Molyneux pulls his head out of his backside and decides to create an interesting game rather than his very own vanity piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

I must be one of the few who is a fan of all 3 games so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Loved Fable: The Lost Chapters.

Fable 2 was a huge let down, and Fable 3 was a kick in the teeth.

It was terrible, so boring, and bland, and each quest was fetch something, and I was so bored to tears before I even reach the 3rd absolutely abysmal act.

So I won't be touching another Fable game.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I won't be going back to Fable after 3 - it was an appallingly poor game.

This does however look like the game Molyneaux was talking about when he was ranting and raving on about Kinect integration for Fable. I'd say MS will be throwing quite a bit at this (and Star Wars) to make it a success.

• Advertisement

folan wrote: »
    I must be one of the few who is a fan of all 3 games so far.

i must be the only person who loved fable 2

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Fable was a great game. Fable 2 was a dumbed down version of that great game, while Fable 3 was a brain damaged version of Fable 2.

Advertisement