Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Losers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just watched this tonight.. I loved it!

The perfect fun OTT leave-your-brain-at-the-door action film!

The cast were all great (particularly Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Chris Pine and Idris Elba), and I for one hope there's a sequel. And let's not forget the show-stealing Jason Patric as the bad-guy without one ounce of remorse - he was a top-notch bad guy. Reminded me of the bad guy's you only got in 80's action flicks.

Great stuff!

basquille wrote: »

The cast were all great (particularly Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Chris Pine and Idris Elba), and I for one hope there's a sequel. And let's not forget the show-stealing Jason Patric as the bad-guy without one ounce of remorse - he was a top-notch bad guy. Reminded me of the bad guy's you only got in 80's action flicks.

Great stuff!

If DVD sales are decent then a sequel is nearly certain though what remains to be seen is if it will bring back the original cast or do a direct to DVD release with cheaper talent.

Aye, I just looked up the box-office details on IMDb... according to IMDb, it hasn't even made it's budget back in US cinemas. Ouch! Shame it wasn't a bigger hit as it was just honest good fun.

Let's hope DVD and Blu-ray sales do it justice alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,338 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Great stuff!

You mean Chris Evans

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    You mean Chris Evans
    So I do... easy mistake!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

bad film:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thought the "Who want to be a billonaire" (sic) line was hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I loved it. Plenty of decent action, with a good sense of humour to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Really enjoyed this film, perfect for switching off the brain and just laughing at the flaming cheeseball cheesiness. It has probably outcamped the A-team already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I think the entire comedy of the film is summed up by "In the immortal words of the Tibetian Monks - Don't start nothing, won't be nothing", which tbh, works for me :D

Quite enjoyed it but couldn't take it too seriously

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 mullyfive0

The mention of Sinn Fein raised a big laugh when I saw it :)

Fun film, nothing more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Great stuff!

Recently saw this and have to say I loved it. The plot was almost identical to the A-team, and I am sorry to say I think I enjoyed this more. The casting was spot on, especially Chris Evans as Jensen. Its so great to see a techie in a film, who is macho and not a nerd.

My favourite scene was the bit with Jensen in the corridor telling the security guards he can shoot them with his mind.

Here it is here:

Even now it brings a smile to my face.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭stbrennan

Looks like "The Expendables" for chicks...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

stbrennan wrote: »
    Looks like "The Expendables" for chicks...
    A group who are past their sell-by date who go on one last hurrah pretending that they're just the same as they were in their youth? No, "Sex And The City" is "The Expendables" for chicks.

This is the A-Team for fans of the A-Team.

This was far more entertaining than 'The Expendables'..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This was far more entertaining than 'The Expendables'..

I agree, I also enjoyed it more than The A-Team(which was also better than the expendables).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I have this downloaded from iTunes at the moment. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet (I've gotten caught up in The Wire). It sounds promising though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I have this downloaded from iTunes at the moment. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet (I've gotten caught up in The Wire). It sounds promising though.

A fine thing to get caught up in!!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A fine thing to get caught up in!!

That video I posted up earlier is still making me grin.

Plus I have the music by Journey stuck in my head.

I wish I felt this way about the A-team. The only memorable moment I remember from that is them 'flying' the tank. It was funny, but not as 'feel good'. Does that make sense to anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Vanhalla

HOw anyone enjoyed this pile of shyte i just dont know! even if it is one where u can leave your brain at the door. felt to me like the director or whoever was trying to make it into a cool film with all the slow mo/music shots, but failed miserably. shyte, shyte ,shyte. about as bad as the a team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just watched this and really enjoyed it beats the hell out of the expendables & the A Team, anyone know if there is going to be a sequel?

It did turn a profit with the help of dvd/blu-ray sales in the US alone
    The film played in 2,936 theaters and earned $9,406,348 on its opening weekend at the box office at #4.[33][3] The film went on to earn $23.5 million in the United States and more than $5 million internationally for a worldwide total of over $29 million. Added to this, it made over $8.2 million on DVD sales in the USA alone, giving it a minimum earning of $37.6 million - a profit of over $12.6 million before worldwide DVD sales

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I enjoyed it too,

I don't know would I say I enjoyed it more then the expendables but i'd say I enjoyed them about the same.

Just watched this and really enjoyed it beats the hell out of the expendables & the A Team, anyone know if there is going to be a sequel?

It did turn a profit with the help of dvd/blu-ray sales in the US alone

I have to say i loved it, so if you want their to be a sequel, I advise buying the DVD. Thats what I plan to do(first DVD I will have bought in nearly 2 years).

If enough DVDs sell they probably will(might/hopefully) make a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The Losers > The Expendables imo

• Registered Users Posts: 12,368 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

syklops wrote: »
    I have to say i loved it, so if you want their to be a sequel, I advise buying the DVD. Thats what I plan to do(first DVD I will have bought in nearly 2 years).

If enough DVDs sell they probably will(might/hopefully) make a sequel.

Guess what I ordered it off zavvi on Blu-ray last night cost £11.94 delivered which works out about €14.36

Anyone else think that Jason Patric is slowly morphing into Warren Beatty?

Anyone else think that Jason Patric is slowly morphing into Warren Beatty?

He's the spit of him!

I reckon he was the worst thing in the movie though, was still good regardless.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

100% agree!...just off from watching it, WAY better then A-Team or The Expendables, the writing was sharp and whiity + genuine LOL moments....all due to the dan hand that is Peter Berg. It was well paced, had pretty solid acting all round. An intelligent and funny baddie.

Yer man in the elevator with his pants down....lol!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Skerries wrote: »
    yeah it felt pg alright as we had one of the main characters shot in both legs without one drop of blood anywhere, even when he has on bandages they are pristine white :rolleyes:
    it was a fun ride and Jason Patrick just camped it up to high heaven, but i kept thinking isn't this basically the plot for the A-Team?

Yeah, i got the sense it was originally rated 15 but cut down to 12A, it had the stanard number of "shiits" + one "fuuck", which seems to be the norm for 12A. I thought Jason Patric was fantadtic!

LOL...shooting his hottie assistant for not holding the umbrealaa over him properly, lol....the actress falling down was bad, she missed her cue! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I remember enjoying this and remember siting down to watch it but I can not remember a single thing about it.
    This for me is worrying as it means that none of the characters mattered a damn to me and it was nothing but fluff.

People say that it is better than Expendables and A-Team but at least I can remember these, the characters and the storyline. I completly forgto that Zoe Saldana was even in this.

I will give it anothergo on Disc though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Yea saw this a while back and it really is a very good, fun movie. Doesnt take itself too seriously and enjoyable characters.

Really meant to pick-up the comics.

Advertisement