Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lagunitas coming Ireland!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

faceman wrote: »
    Was in a bar in Dublin that had Lagunitas on draft but they would only serve it in 350ml glasses! No pints!

Well considering the abv it's probably not a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Was in a bar in Dublin that had Lagunitas on draft but they would only serve it in 350ml glasses! No pints!

Was it the Black Sheep by any chance? Was in there last weekend and was horrified to only get a glass. Went up to P Macs after near Stephens Green and got a pint for the same price too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Well considering the abv it's probably not a thing.

If the price is matched accordingly! Too often in Ireland high abv beers are served in smaller glasses without a corresponding reduced price.

Saying that I had a pint of Lagunitas IPA at a local pub in London last week and was charged 6.90 sterling :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭iambrazil

Saying that I had a pint of Lagunitas IPA at a local pub in London last week and was charged 6.90 sterling :eek:

Ouch. The only pints of it in London I've had were for £5 (in Tapping the Admiral).

How much are the pints in Dublin?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Was it the Black Sheep by any chance? Was in there last weekend and was horrified to only get a glass. Went up to P Macs after near Stephens Green and got a pint for the same price too.

Against The Grain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

O'Briens appear to be stocking it now. They had the IPA on sale in the one in Lucan on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Against The Grain

Yeah, same company so must be there policy. They only do Brew by Numbers beers too by the glass and they're not even that strong. Got a glass of their Wit in Against the Grain and it was a fiver and it's only something like 4.7%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

iambrazil wrote: »
    Ouch. The only pints of it in London I've had were for £5 (in Tapping the Admiral).

Must check that out. Although since moving to London last month I´ve been drinking mostly cask beers. My local wetherspoon has 2.50 pints of great cask all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Yeah, same company so must be there policy. They only do Brew by Numbers beers too by the glass and they're not even that strong. Got a glass of their Wit in Against the Grain and it was a fiver and it's only something like 4.7%.

That beer is even more expensive imo from an off license.

http://www.drinkstore.ie/Brew-By-Numbers-07%7C04-330ML-07042015/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

Had a bottle of the IPA last night. Quite nice, but I felt something was missing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭a_non_a_mouse

Had a bottle of the Pale Ale last night...thought it was very nice and one of the best Pale Ale's i've had... (in my limited number of months trying new stuff)

Have a couple of bottle of Littl' Sumpin' chilling in the fridge...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

Just picked up 6 bottles of hop stoopid from drink store.

So so so so happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Just picked up 6 bottles of hop stoopid from drink store.

So so so so happy.

I now know where I'll be heading after work. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Hope you like fried onions in your IPA!

tbf I might be over sensitive to the onion flavours in Summit hops. I got a bomber of Hop Stoopid in the states, loved the first few sips but once I got the onion there was no turning back. Drainpour. Green Flash Palate Wrecker also has Summit hops but lesser amounts I guess, I did like that one.

Might still try one over here, maybe having it less fresh cuts out all the madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭HopsAndJumps

snowblind wrote: »
    Hope you like fried onions in your IPA!

tbf I might be over sensitive to the onion flavours in Summit hops. I got a bomber of Hop Stoopid in the states, loved the first few sips but once I got the onion there was no turning back. Drainpour. Green Flash Palate Wrecker also has Summit hops but lesser amounts I guess, I did like that one.

Might still try one over here, maybe having it less fresh cuts out all the madness.

That's very odd! I reckon that you should try another one. Unless lagunitas have changed the recipe since September, there is no summit hops in hop stoopid. They are very open with recipes.

They gave out the hop stoopid reciepe. I tried to clone it before Christmas. Ended up with horrendous off flavours. Had a 4 day lag from pitching to fermentation start. I think that damage was done there.

Have yet to try palate wrecker. Green flash west coast IPA is available in Kenny's in Lucan. Ive never had it fresh. Seems to be very little aroma off the bottle it got in Kenny's.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

That's very odd! I reckon that you should try another one. Unless lagunitas have changed the recipe since September, there is no summit hops in hop stoopid. They are very open with recipes.

They gave out the hop stoopid reciepe. I tried to clone it before Christmas. Ended up with horrendous off flavours. Had a 4 day lag from pitching to fermentation start. I think that damage was done there.

Have yet to try palate wrecker. Green flash west coast IPA is available in Kenny's in Lucan. Ive never had it fresh. Seems to be very little aroma off the bottle it got in Kenny's.
    I was stunned by the strength of the onion flavour, but searching "hop stoopid onions" confirmed it wasn't just a faulty bottle. Strength of that changes batch to batch according to some comments.

The west coast IPA that I bought in Dublin was lame. Never been a huge GF fan but I'm sure that bottle was old as heck.

Advertisement