Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

Forgive my stupidity but what do the levels such as junior and Intermediate mean exactly? Are these levels for people not good enough for senior or are they to see who can play senior? I have always wondered about them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

Forgive my stupidity but what do the levels such as junior and Intermediate mean exactly? Are these levels for people not good enough for senior or are they to see who can play senior? I have always wondered about them!

Anyone that plays the level for club,bar senior can play.

I wouldnt say that junior is a black mark for senior,just a lot of the players are from small clubs.,like Aoc for example who played with St colums,and junior for cork then senior.

In fact a good majority of the panel of the footballers,played junior with cork,im sure aidan walsh played junior for Cork,like Doc etc.

In fact there would be a strong case that some of the guys on the junior team ,would be much better than guys like kissane,and AOC who have not the legs anymore.

Kiely and Rory o Sullivan would have been much better.A few guys like O mahony would have played senior and been out of their depth,but a lot of this panel are young,from the u21 team,this year and the last few years,and deserve to be tried at senior leve next year mainly in poistions from 1 -9,where we need new blood and more cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Archer3083

I saw this year that Fiachra Lynch was playing with the Cork Juniors. Can anyone tell me if this is the same Fiachra Lycnh that was so promising at U21 and played with the seniors up til 2012. I remember reading that he took a job in UAE as a teacher but realistically wasn't happy under Counihan. Made the job opportunity worth going for.

Don't forget the juniors are travelling this weekend to Lancashire. Being overshadowed by the hurlers

Archer3083 wrote: »
    I saw this year that Fiachra Lynch was playing with the Cork Juniors. Can anyone tell me if this is the same Fiachra Lycnh that was so promising at U21 and played with the seniors up til 2012. I remember reading that he took a job in UAE as a teacher but realistically wasn't happy under Counihan. Made the job opportunity worth going for.

Don't forget the juniors are travelling this weekend to Lancashire. Being overshadowed by the hurlers
    Thats the man,plays with valley rovers.Was excellent against kerry in a junior final,thus called up.

He wouldnt make it as a forward.He is a John hayes,kevin mcmahon prototype.Good but lacking a bit on big intercounty days.

However,he played corner back in a legaue game,once and was very good.Would have been worth a run at midfield.

Forwards wise,their are much better players on the pamel,or like David Gould,Donal Og Hodnett or hes club man Dan mac Eoin that have better scoring power.

What Cork need next year is 2 more corners backs,(eoin cotter should be one),to find the right balance at half back from the two Clancys,cahalane,loughrey and even though very young,Kevin Crowley of milstreets should be looked at.

And one midfield partner for Walsh at midfield,with Gould and Rory o sullivan and Rory Deane the front runners.

Ian Maguire,still under 21 for the next two years has the physquie,but time will tell if he has the mobility.The potential is there.

There is plenty of forwards,to find the right balance,and a game plan to get them fast ball,is what they need here.

• Advertisement

What Cork need next year is 2 more corners backs,(eoin cotter should be one),to find the right balance at half back from the two Clancys,cahalane,loughrey and even though very young,Kevin Crowley of milstreets should be looked at.

And one midfield partner for Walsh at midfield,with Gould and Rory o sullivan and Rory Deane the front runners.

Ian Maguire,still under 21 for the next two years has the physquie,but time will tell if he has the mobility.The potential is there.

There is plenty of forwards,to find the right balance,and a game plan to get them fast ball,is what they need here.
    I think we can all agree that Cork's problems are in defense. When you consider that Cork have O'Neill (hopefully back to his best next year after second cruciate), Hurley, Goulding, Sheehan, Kerrigan, Kelly and Walsh, I think it's fair to say that is one of the strongest forward lines in the country if not in fact the strongest. Walsh needs a new partner in midfield. However if Cork get a new manager in the same mould as JBM players like AOC might actually come back to form and play better. So I think the key is to get new players in and also motivate the existing players because the quality is there. Has anyone seen A.J. O'Connor playing for the juniors. I saw him playing for them back in 2011 (He wasn't with the juniors last year because of Cork's rule that a winning junior team can not come back the following year, but he is back playing with them this year) and he looks an excellent corner back/wing back. He's not very big but would remind you of Mark McHugh.

Thats the man,plays with valley rovers.Was excellent against kerry in a junior final,thus called up.

He wouldnt make it as a forward.He is a John hayes,kevin mcmahon prototype.Good but lacking a bit on big intercounty days.

However,he played corner back in a legaue game,once and was very good.Would have been worth a run at midfield.

Forwards wise,their are much better players on the pamel,or like David Gould,Donal Og Hodnett or hes club man Dan mac Eoin that have better scoring power.
    That's a step down for Lynch so. I remember he played well against Down back in 2011 and then was very poor in the quarter final against Mayo which Cork lost. I suppose it didn't help that Counihan was in charge. I think he's actually ruined a couple of players over the years. I don't think any player has blossomed under him.

That's a step down for Lynch so. I remember he played well against Down back in 2011 and then was very poor in the quarter final against Mayo which Cork lost. I suppose it didn't help that Counihan was in charge. I think he's actually ruined a couple of players over the years. I don't think any player has blossomed under him.

Id agree.Counihan nearly ruined colm o neill too,by not starting him against dublin or down in2010.

Counihan was a dissaster .

Id agree.Counihan nearly ruined colm o neill too,by not starting him against dublin or down in2010.

Counihan was a dissaster .
    Colm O'Neill was amazing in 2009. He scored an amazing goal against Kerry in the final. Superb. Then Counnihan seemed to go off him. I think Counihan was too stubborn in those situations. Let's hope that O'Neill comes back to the form he was in last year after the cruciate. He was a big loss against Dublin. Sheehan isn't a big man but he caught alot of ball this year against Kerry when he came on at the end and against Dublin. Just imagine O'Neill and Sheehan on the full forward line with Hurley. Hurley isn't great in the air but he can sweep up a lot of ball if it's knocked down to him

I think we can all agree that Cork's problems are in defense. When you consider that Cork have O'Neill (hopefully back to his best next year after second cruciate), Hurley, Goulding, Sheehan, Kerrigan, Kelly and Walsh, I think it's fair to say that is one of the strongest forward lines in the country if not in fact the strongest. Walsh needs a new partner in midfield. However if Cork get a new manager in the same mould as JBM players like AOC might actually come back to form and play better. So I think the key is to get new players in and also motivate the existing players because the quality is there. Has anyone seen A.J. O'Connor playing for the juniors. I saw him playing for them back in 2011 (He wasn't with the juniors last year because of Cork's rule that a winning junior team can not come back the following year, but he is back playing with them this year) and he looks an excellent corner back/wing back. He's not very big but would remind you of Mark McHugh.
    I said it here this year,and in the lead up to dublin,AOC is well and truly finished.A great servant,great commitment and dedication but the pace of the game is too fast for him now.
    Even in 2011 against Aidan o shea,a raw,immature o shea back then destroyed him,and Alan was in the form of hes life for cork in the lead up to that game.

Now see the graph in o shea ,who has improved under horan,to Alan who has got extremely worse.Even Harry houdini coudn't escape the weaknessess,O Connor has now.

Even in comparison to Walsh,Horan improved O shea while Counihan neary ruined walsh.

Cork dont need big men at midfield what we need is athletic,strong,mobile players who can win breaking ball to compliment walsh.

If Cork are stuck for options ,and O sullivan,gould or deane dont solve the problem,sheehan would do a great job there.

Superb under the high ball,and can still control a game,create chances and score from their.

Cork need to forget about,kissane,o leary,o connor,o neill etc,if they are to have any chance of moving forward.

• Advertisement

I said it here this year,and in the lead up to dublin,AOC is well and truly finished.A great servant,great commitment and dedication but the pace of the game is too fast for him now.
    Even in 2011 against Aidan o shea,a raw,immature o shea back then destroyed him,and Alan was in the form of hes life for cork in the lead up to that game.

Now see the graph in o shea ,who has improved under horan,to Alan who has got extremely worse.Even Harry houdini coudn't escape the weaknessess,O Connor has now.

Even in comparison to Walsh,Horan improved O shea while Counihan neary ruined walsh.

Cork dont need big men at midfield what we need is athletic,strong,mobile players who can win breaking ball to compliment walsh.

If Cork are stuck for options ,and O sullivan,gould or deane dont solve the problem,sheehan would do a great job there.

Superb under the high ball,and can still control a game,create chances and score from their.

Cork need to forget about,kissane,o leary,o connor,o neill etc,if they are to have any chance of moving forward.
    I'd agree about Kissane, O'Leary and Pearse O'Neill. Time has simply caught up with all those players and all 3 players had an awful habit of putting the head down and soloing the ball up the field. Sure, by the the time the ball reached the Cork forwards every single man was marked. You need quick ball to forwards and catch defenders out. I think AOC might still come back to form. Maybe that's wishful thinking. Gould is certainly a good option in midfield. He's not a forward, can't score heavy enough but is honest and hard working. I'm not sure if he is creative enough. Maybe with Walsh it might be a better option to have a more defensive midfielder. Walsh is great catching the ball and is great and driving forward with the ball. It might be better to let him roam more

Colm O'Neill was amazing in 2009. He scored an amazing goal against Kerry in the final. Superb. Then Counnihan seemed to go off him. I think Counihan was too stubborn in those situations. Let's hope that O'Neill comes back to the form he was in last year after the cruciate. He was a big loss against Dublin. Sheehan isn't a big man but he caught alot of ball this year against Kerry when he came on at the end and against Dublin. Just imagine O'Neill and Sheehan on the full forward line with Hurley. Hurley isn't great in the air but he can sweep up a lot of ball if it's knocked down to him

I dont think Colm would have made any difference,as couinhan as proven against donegal in 2012 and the league game against kildare this year,just bombed any ball he got up to him when he was surrounded by defenders.
    We could have had Maurice Fitzgerald,Colin Corkery,Peter Canavan or the Gooch,and they would be poor under counihan as they would get little,fast quality ball.They would only get it,in drifts and drabs.

The Kildare game,really was awful to watch,o neill at one stage had 3 players hanging of him,a blind man could see it,yet corks tactic was bomb ball after ball to him.

I have rarely seen a manager ,as poor at reading a game,or adapting to its flow.

I dont think Colm would have made any difference,as couinhan as proven against donegal in 2012 and the league game against kildare this year,just bombed any ball he got up to him when he was surrounded by defenders.
    We could have had Maurice Fitzgerald,Colin Corkery,Peter Canavan or the Gooch,and they would be poor under counihan as they would get little,fast quality ball.They would only get it,in drifts and drabs.

The Kildare game,really was awful to watch,o neill at one stage had 3 players hanging of him,a blind man could see it,yet corks tactic was bomb ball after ball to him.

I have rarely seen a manager ,as poor at reading a game,or adapting to its flow.
    I think you have to have a balance between long direct ball and playing the ball through the hand. It can't be one all the time because that would be too predictable but Counihan insisted on slow build up and that has made Cork very unattractive to watch and completely predictable

Corks defence is being ripped to shreads by Armagh,in the Ladies game.

Cork up by 2.

Cork 16 to Armagh 2-9.

A worrying performance from Cork,up by seven at h time,completely out run in the second half.Armagh should have equailsed but for a poor missed free ,with the last kick of the game.

They looked a tired team.

Juliet murphy was superb,as was Geraldine o Flynn and Doireann O Sullivan was involved in a lot of Cork's good play .

They play Dublin next.

What is it with Cork and Dublin this year in every code.

Castleheaven beat Newcestown 13-to 11,with Brian Hurley getting 9 points.

Pa Kelly played last night proving he was fit enough for Cork.

St VIncents beat Clonakity,ist win in 16 years at senior.Ricken doing a superb job with them.

Cloyne 2-10 youghal 16,the Rock got 2-8 for Cloyne

Cork junior footballers game v Warkicksire at 1pm tommorrw is being done broadcast by 103 fm live,for anyone not going to croker 2 mrrow thats wants to listen to it.

For those that are in Dublin,Cork gaa on twitter ,will have updates,i presume.

Best of luck to our camoige team in their semifinal against KK in knowlan park,and best of luck to Cork juniors and seniors.

Pa cronins sister Denise is playing with the camoige team.

Lets hope for a Rebel Treble tommorrw and we will have 3 finals to look forward to.

A huge day for Cork Hurling.A win and a chance to get in our first final in seven years.Getting to the final would be immense for this team,and JBM was a hero long before,and no matter what happens today,is a Cork legend forever.
    What he has done in just two years with Cork and limited rescources has been remarkable.

Their is a Need for a lot more work to be done in Cork hurling,regardless if we win or not.

Cork have been flying in training all week,and the talk is they firmly believe they will win today.

Cork are going to get a huge test of physicality,but their aware of this.

It may seem like ages ago,but a challenge match last June in limerick between the two teams,will be of benefit to cork.

I have referenced this match before.Simply as the physicality ,Dublin brought to the game,and challenges,left a lot of Corks team,which was a lot of young guys in awe at how far of the physicality they were.A lot of the players coudnt believe how lightweight they were to Dublin.

This cork side have grown up and as Cody would say adapted to the Manly side of the game.Today we will see ,have we more to go.

Dublin had,Keaney,Rushe,Hiney and Ryan O 'Dwyer who got injured in that game.

Some of the cork players were blown away,however they still won by two points.

It was played in intervals of three.Whats of note here is young hardnedy played and held hes own and was very good and was one of the cork lads that took never took a step back.Moylan scored a goal.

JBM at least knows Dublin will hit hard and that was just a challenge,today is championship.

And thats the last time Cork played Dublin,but know they must not take a step back.We got to live on the edge,but not cross it.

Cork can win,and the weather is good ,not too hot or too cold.

Come on The Blood and Bandage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Spillane for the Cork Football Manager job? Looking at the Sunday World piece he's suggested he'll will help...

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭CorkonianRebel

A huge day for Cork Hurling.A win and a chance to get in our first final in seven years.Getting to the final would be immense for this team,and JBM was a hero long before,and no matter what happens today,is a Cork legend forever.
    What he has done in just two years with Cork and limited rescources has been remarkable.

Their is a Need for a lot more work to be done in Cork hurling,regardless if we win or not.

Cork have been flying in training all week,and the talk is they firmly believe they will win today.

Cork are going to get a huge test of physicality,but their aware of this.

It may seem like ages ago,but a challenge match last June in limerick between the two teams,will be of benefit to cork.

I have referenced this match before.Simply as the physicality ,Dublin brought to the game,and challenges,left a lot of Corks team,which was a lot of young guys in awe at how far of the physicality they were.A lot of the players coudnt believe how lightweight they were to Dublin.

This cork side have grown up and as Cody would say adapted to the Manly side of the game.Today we will see ,have we more to go.

Dublin had,Keaney,Rushe,Hiney and Ryan O 'Dwyer who got injured in that game.

Some of the cork players were blown away,however they still won by two points.

It was played in intervals of three.Whats of note here is young hardnedy played and held hes own and was very good and was one of the cork lads that took never took a step back.Moylan scored a goal.

JBM at least knows Dublin will hit hard and that was just a challenge,today is championship.

And thats the last time Cork played Dublin,but know they must not take a step back.We got to live on the edge,but not cross it.

Cork can win,and the weather is good ,not too hot or too cold.

Come on The Blood and Bandage.

As we get ready for the match today, I can't help but feel the exact opposite of the football game against Dublin.

Before that game, I had a feeling that we would lose a game that we could win due to the manager being Counhihan. I wondered if the players truely believed in him and his abilities.

This game I have a feeling that we will win as the players believe in JBM and have that inner belief in themselves. If Cork can make Dublin doubt themselves a tiny bit by getting an early goal or a great start then Dublin may misfire as i see them either playing brilliantly or very poorly.On the other hand if Dublin get a great start then it will be hard to stop them once they get going. Then is a matter of taking the points and not going mad for goals. We did this in second half against Limerick and looked desperate. I know there was a man sent off but no need to go crazy for goals.If we are sending on Cussen to get a goal then the game is over for Cork! :pac:

It should be remembered that even though Cork havent scored any goals, they havent conceded any yet. I think if you are relying on goals to win games then eventually you won't get them due to missing or goalkeeper saving them.

I see Cork winning this game much like the ladies football game yesterday. That team belief and when you go a point down with a few mins left to come back and get points to win the game. The Ladies missed a few goal chances but then took their points.Mind you Armagh missed a late free too :pac:

• Advertisement

You ****ing beauty cork ..,on the banks of my own lovely lee ..bring on limerick..we want them.

Jbm u legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Gutted but what an incredible game. Was a pleasure to witness. Shame about the red but that's how it goes.

Congratulations Cork, great support and the Cork forwards were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Was tough as a Dub fan to today but congrats to Cork. They played fair and to the whistle.

Good luck in the final

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

How much did the langers pay that ref today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Great game of hurling and well done Cork & Good luck in the final.

Hopefully we be back init again next year ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Well done today.
    An absolutely cracking match, to really enjoy it I think you had to be a neutral, less nerves that way.

Outstanding first half with both sides going score for score. Some top quality hurling. People have been saying ally year what a brilliant championship its been, for me the quality hasn't been great, just exciting and 'new'.
    Today however changed that, the quality was top drawer and the sport advertised itself.

I assume JBM will go straight to sainthood if ye win the final

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

How much did the langers pay that ref today

Have you nothing better to do than come onto a Cork thread and make idiotic posts like that?

Go away home for yourself boy and grow up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What a game. What a win. Hoarse as hell. Rebels Abu

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Well done today.
    An absolutely cracking match, to really enjoy it I think you had to be a neutral, less nerves that way.

Outstanding first half with both sides going score for score. Some top quality hurling. People have been saying ally year what a brilliant championship its been, for me the quality hasn't been great, just exciting and 'new'.
    Today however changed that, the quality was top drawer and the sport advertised itself.

I assume JBM will go straight to sainthood if ye win the final

Fair play to get that from a true Hurling man.

The man is already a saint.He should be given the freedom of Cork,and honured in UCC,like Roy Keane was.Whatever happened today,I said he was and would be a legend,as a player,and a manager.Win or loose the final,he and Ger C ,Matthews,and Kingston have done a superb job,and any job they want in Cork in the future,should get,as they brought a depleted,injury torn,in expierenced team that has suffered a famine at underage to an all ireland final in two years,is unbelievable and pheonmal.

JBM a legend that lives and breathes Cork.He has made mistakes ,but unlike our ex genuis football manager,is ruthless,doesnt make the same mistakes twice,and is tactially aware and the players truly belive in him.

I sensed we had a big perfomance in us,i was at training during the week and they were flying,a real air of belief in the panel.Paudie Sul was their,shows the unity,All for one,and one for all.

The game was unreal.45 scores,and from both sides,some real beauties.

Cork were pacey,aggressive,intelligent with and without the sliothar,composed and used every inch of Croker,and used the space well.But they mixed the play also,the long ball with the running game,and were a joy to watch.

I remember watching,Cork beat Tipp in the first league game under lights,and i said no way could we hurl with that freedom,pace and movement in the championship,as we had to be able to compete,and physically win the dirty ball.

Seamus harnedy and the change in attuide of our forwards,particulary Horgan becoming a leader,has made it possible.

The smallest of things can make or break a team.

Nash was superb,2 points and saved a goal,is magical for Cork.I said it ,that it was rubbish to hear people say Dublin would get goals against Cork.

We concede chances,but you will do well to beat Nash once.He had no chance to save the goal.I said it two weeks ago,he had an all star,today wrapped it up.

Maguire mistake rules him out.Quaid is solid,but no where near Nash yet.

Mcdonnell superb,first game he played in hes best poisition.It showed.He was at fault for the goal,as he should have stood tall and square,but he hurled the world of ball.He could play at half back depending who we play next,as Kenny was exposed today,and Murphy will be fine in four weejts.

O neill,superb,an all star ,withoubt a doubt.

Connor o Sul,a beautiful wristy,tenacious hurler,and again being the spare man,great to read a game.Very close to an all star.

Kenny,poor today,and like i said all year the legs are gone.I thought Croker would suit him,and Dublins style but he was poor.Fair play to Jbm,for having no sentiment or emotion and taking him off.

No way would i start stephen white the next day.He has not the speed of hurling,speed of mind,as shown by the yellow card,liable to moments of madness.He is type of player that could get sent off.

Joyce,gave a few poor clearances,but grew in to the game,and settled down very well.

Egan was a bit loose,but excellent as the game wore on.

Kearney,superb workrate,and had the balls to go for goal,like Kenny in 04,and got a great point.

Mcloughlin,man of the match.3 crucial points,but linked play very well and even covered the half back line as the game wore on.He is fully fit now.

Cronin,was awful with hes shooting,first touch,and even in hes strongest aera ,physically blown away.He made poor decisions.He is so much better,and id expect a big display in the final.

Very few players are privilged to play for cork,let alone captain them,but to captain us in an ireland final,is a once in a life time opportunity,HE MUST GRAB IT WITH BOTH HANDS and lead from the front.

Jamie C,poor at times,not suited to Cf,but scored a vital point,but will have better days.

Harnedey,in line for young player of the year,at the very least an all star.2 superb points,after a bad miss,won loads of high ball,and breaking ball,and worked hes socks off.He will get better.
    What a point in the corner.

Has been the find of the season for Cork and with Hogsy,the most significant reason we are where we are.

I said after the Clare game,he had it.Just watch the way he walks,hes body language,a superb hurler,and hes yellow card showed hes steel.What a player.

Lehane,i told people i felt hes performance was coming,today he came good.And theres better to come.Three superb points,two breathtaking skill,but took and lasted severe punishment from dublin.

A shadow of the guy that was flattend like a pancake by Fergal Moore last year.The star has at last shone through.

Horgan,superb,on and off the ball.He now shows the dogness,mental toughness,attuide to chase lost causes,temperament to compliment hes natural,sublime magical hurling artistry.Im glad Cronin mi**** that ball,as if he had played it to naughton who was free,he probably would have missed it.

The guy has an all star.I am so glad to be proven wrong by him.Jbm has turned him from stone to gold.He is like Lar Corbett was ,for years loads of potential,but then became a great player.

O farell had a very good game,superb work rate and three great points,but their is much better in him.He needs to rediscover,the goal finishing,ruthlessness and conviction he had at underage,and last year against tipp in the league.

He turned kelly at once stage,and should have went for goal.

It was great to see such ,fluidity,interchangeing with all the six cork forwards,reguarly changing poisitons,that they were impossible to mark.

It reminded of kerry beating cork in 2011 in kerry.

Cork are a joy to watch,and Hurling is the winner when we play like that,such skill,and their foot work was as good as you would see in a boxer.

Im suprised Dublin went toe to toe with cork and were not more defensive in the ist half.Cork were always going to have more natural hurling,and set the tempo.

It was a very harsh first yellow card for Dwyer,but the second he had to go,and Dwyer only has himself to blame,as he should have been more careful.

Such is Dwyers temperament,dublin you could argue should have taken him off.

I think cork would have won anyway,as Nash's save was the real turning point,and when dublin went three ahead,but couldnt pull away,you just knew Cork would have won.

If he was not sent off,Rushe would have been.I hope Rushe wins the all star,he was sublime today.

A lot of Dubs,to be fair,know the better team won,and wont be like some KK ,Fans still to this day,whinging about Barry kelly.

The ref,done a good job overall.

Dublin are a fine team,a credit to their county and to todays classic,and winning a Leinster,is an outstanding achievement,and i hope they get a few all stars,in Rushe and Sutcliffe.

I feel for Daly,has never won a semi final as a manager,in four attempts.A true hurling man,a great manager,but id say he will go.Id say he took them as far as they can go under him.Dublin will be back if they get the right man,but today was a huge blow,as it was their best ever chance.

They gave their best perfomance against galway,and it was hard to match that.

Cork have still loads to improve on,have now please god a fully fit panel for the first time all year,a stronger bench and longer than next weeks opponents to prepare for the 8 th of sept.This is great for the county,the buzz be unreal for the next four weeks,i wouldnt want to be anywhere else in the world,and the scramble for tickets will be mad.

Who ever we meet,it will be tough,i hope we play limerick,we owe them one,and i coudnt see them beating us twice.

But at least were in the final,and have a 50-50 chance,any cork man would have gladly taken that in may.

As for the stupid talk,of cadogan,walsh and sheehan being called up for the final,it is just rubbish.No way will any player,not involved since Jan,no matter who they are,be called up by JBM,as it would be unfair on the other panel members,and would totally affect the morale and dymanic of the current squad.

Next year,its quite possible but this year,it wont happen in a Million years and rightly so.

• Advertisement

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Was tough as a Dub fan to today but congrats to Cork. They played fair and to the whistle.

Good luck in the final

Now ye cant win the double,i hope ye beat kerry.Yere a fantastic team and a credit to hurling.Rushe has to win an all star.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement