Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 92 - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Even Fedor had to take Nog the distance in their 2nd fight to get a decision and that was 3 rounds, no way is Mir going 5. Mir will win early or he loses. As said anything can happen and i think anything will decide it, way to tough for me to call it just hope its not a boring 5 rounder or some one gets tko'd from cuts etc im not a fan of either lad but based on the debate about this one here alone there is a lot of excitement about this match and its top of my card aswell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

calex71 wrote: »
    Even Fedor had to take Nog the distance in their 2nd fight to get a decision and that was 3 rounds, no way is Mir going 5.

That was PRIDE rules, a three round fight there was 20 minutes. A five round UFC fight is 25 minutes

I think that it will be a fun fight in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

are streams a no no?

if not i need one -_-

edit: forgot i was at my parents house, off to the tv to watch it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

co ck
    Rampage left hook, Wand out cold..followed by three strikes when the ref was stopping him??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Killme00 wrote: »
    co ck
    Rampage left hook, Wand out cold..followed by three strikes when the ref was stopping him??

He's baaaaaaaack! :D
    The speed matches are ending tonight, if i were Frank Mir, i'd be crapping myself! :D

• Advertisement

haha i've never seen a fight stopped by leg kicks before

Happened very recently didn't it? A fight was stopped due to blowing out a knee.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Happened very recently didn't it? A fight was stopped due to blowing out a knee.

yeah that was Cote....but this was strikes

yeah that was Cote....but this was strikes

I thought his knee gave in after the second or third strike. Pretty sure thats how it was called.

Please note, Jack Daniels may have seen that and not myself.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I thought his knee gave in after the second or third strike. Pretty sure thats how it was called.

Please note, Jack Daniels may have seen that and not myself.

Yeah they called it that way, but it was the strikes that destroyed the knee, not a blowout. Look to me like he pretty much gave up

• Advertisement

Mir shocked the living hell out of me tonight, Lesnar/Mir II will be verrrrry interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

First two rounds to Griffin for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Ref about 4/5 punches late getting in. Fair change from the first two rounds to this one.

Evans absolutely destroyed Griffin in the third round, Griffin didn't stand a chance once he was grounded!

Lesnar/Mir II is going to be so big. Especially after the promo that Mir cut

And then when Brock wins... :pac: Who will the "hardcore" fans get behind?

Rashad vs Rampage will be interesting. Rashad is so odd. He's such a good fighter but in a strange way and he's got no charisma at all. Rampage had better win or it's bad business for the UFC :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Strange, all the fighters I really don't like won
    Cb Dolloway, Rashad, Mir, Hamill. Smug jerks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Fozzy wrote: »
    Lesnar/Mir II is going to be so big. Especially after the promo that Mir cut

And then when Brock wins... :pac: Who will the "hardcore" fans get behind?

Rashad vs Rampage will be interesting. Rashad is so odd. He's such a good fighter but in a strange way and he's got no charisma at all. Rampage had better win or it's bad business for the UFC :pac:

Will Rampage be next for Rashad? Any other options for him - surely not a rematch with Chuck?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

after watching tonight i actually believe there is no way back for chuck, any of the four on show could beat him. its a sad day when im condoning him retiring but if the sport is to continue progressing then he surely cant get back into the picture without another 2 wins. a TUF coach vs pupil fight may be a great selling card and also a possible bow out for the iceman
    fantastic show in my opinion, all the main fights had good finishes. just wish setanta would cut their ads in better, missed the 1st 20secs of a few of the lesser fights and the hardonk one sounded like a few things happened in that time.
    now time to finish as many bottles as i can before the missus wakes up :)
    will just have to get rich's autograph to make it up to her at 93

ps: and after tonights performance the 205 champ will take a hell of a lot of stopping

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I dont know how to put in spoilers, so if you dont want to know the results....STOP.

To any mods that see this, can any of you put a spoiler warning in the thread heading. Thanks

I have to take my hat off to Mir, his boxing was fantastic. I coudnt see him winning but he was brilliant. I only pray he beats Lesnar now. A slick sub hopefully, let us all pray. Come on everybody on your knees.

I dont see Rampage getting the first shot at Evans, especially if Machida wins against Silva. He deserves it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Fozzy wrote: »
    There's one safe prediction - Frank Mir is not winning

ouch!!

I read that earlier and just thought "wow you are wayyyyy too confident". But even still I was fairly sure that Noguiera would win. BIG shock!:eek:

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    I only pray he beats Lesnar now. A slick sub hopefully, let us all pray. Come on everybody on your knees.
    All the praying in the world won't save Frank Mir, who only barely scraped a victory over Brock Lesnar in Lesnar's UFC debut. Brock is learning fast, while Frank might have learned not to gas himself out after the first round, by the time that rematch takes place, Lesnar will have learned way more than Mir hopes since their last fight.

Bank on it!

woooo232 wrote: »
    ouch!!

I read that earlier and just thought "wow you are wayyyyy too confident". But even still I was fairly sure that Noguiera would win. BIG shock!:eek:
    I know, I didn't realise how banged up Nogueira was. Well, I sort of did, I mean you can just look at him and you can look at his last few fights. But I thought that he'd still be able to fight. Nogueira's done. Guys like Chuck and Hughes still have some way back I think. Nogueira's taken too many beatings though. Him vs Randy is the logical fight for the summer but I think Randy will take that handily now

Brock vs Mir will be so great though. Absolutely no way Brock is losing! I'm a million times more confident in him than in Nogueira!

Nog v Mir
    As i said im not a fan of either but Nog just looked like he wasnt at the races at all, which takes away from Mir winning somewhat, maybe as said Nog is done. Now i got my wish of Mir v Brock II i kind of wish i hadn't,

Listen to the commentary at the end of the rampage v silva fight ;-)
    is there anything Joe Rogan doesnt remember ??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Was I the only one who seen CB tap?

Hmmmmm just watched it back 3 times , look at 3:52 on clock just as it goes to the ground and cb pops his right arm out. I dont think it was a tap out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

I thought that too. But then I
    missed Forrest trying to tap...but Joe Rogan seen it.:D

Good PPV probably be considered a night of shocks with Evans, Mir and to a lesser extent Rampage winning. Wonder who gets first crack at Evans, hopefully its Rampage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

So.

Damn I hate being so wrong.
    I mean, I feel so, so stupid for picking Mir to win!:p
    And especially seeing as I've said that Mir has better power and stand-up for the last two months now.;)

Also, I picked 7/10 with one that I called 50/50.
    7-2-1. I'm happy with that.

So.

Damn I hate being so wrong.
    I mean, I feel so, so stupid for picking Mir to win!:p
    And especially seeing as I've said that Mir has better power and stand-up for the last two months now.;)

Also, I picked 7/10 with one that I called 50/50.
    7-2-1. I'm happy with that.

Only one of my three picks (
    Evans
    ) won.
    Mir was very impressive, Rashad's footwork was a joy to behold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Only one of my 3 picks also won, the same one Killme00 picked, won 80euro on that fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Only one of my three picks (
    Evans
    ) won.
    Mir was very impressive, Rashad's footwork was a joy to behold
    Evans showed a lot of patience too.
    Really willing to wait.
    And when he got the chance he kept his cool, and looked for his shot.
    Still think that he'll have trouble against a good jits guy though.
    On his feet, and in the clinch, he's as complete as anyone.

As for Mir, I didn't think it was going to be as comprehensive as that.
    All the talk about Mir only winning because Nog had lost it though is crap.
    Mir fought a great fight. He was in great shape. After the first, he had literally barely broken a sweat.
    He could have went 5 easy.
    His striking wasn't great, but it was exactly what was needed to beat Nog.
    Right down the middle.
    took Nog completely out of his game.
    And, as with Rashad, he fought inteligently. Reserved his strenght, took no risks, and managed to destroy Nog well within himself.

Advertisement