Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,763 ✭✭✭One More Toy

what were you doing

Buying drugs.

ID verification lifted it, shady enough blocking just like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

Buying drugs.

Ah, honesty, it's a virtue.

I keep on exchanging currency in a way that I'm getting more money. Not much but I've gone from £12.30 up to £12.42. Can I just keep doing this (obviously with a lot more money) unpunished?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Frynge wrote: »
    Ah, honesty, it's a virtue.

I keep on exchanging currency in a way that I'm getting more money. Not much but I've gone from £12.30 up to £12.42. Can I just keep doing this (obviously with a lot more money) unpunished?

lol really?

If that was £1230 you'd be after getting a free £12 :P

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    lol really?

If that was £1230 you'd be after getting a free £12 :P

Yup, but I was thinking more along the lines of if it was £12300.00. But I know I'm not that brave with something that is relatively unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Been using this over here as well. So far so good. Couple of teething issues. 1st card didn't come out. 2nd card was en route then the support guys got me the 1st card out. So now have 2 cards with different numbers.

Have mostly been using it for USD transactions and so far so good. Had one issue with what looked like a USD transaction going through in GBP. It was then taken from the GBP account (which went negative) then sat pending on the USD account for 10 days. Just got it back now and reconverted it to GBP to close out the netting.

I'll be using it for an upcoming trip back home over the next month.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭11214

How do I find my pin for the card?
    When I click show pin in the app nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Has anyone had any issues receiving the SMS confirmation when registering? I am not receiving the SMS and my mobile number is correctly input. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

JTMan wrote: »
    Has anyone had any issues receiving the SMS confirmation when registering? I am not receiving the SMS and my mobile number is correctly input. Thanks.

Having the same issue right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Might be a temporary glitch. Try again tomorrow.

Finally got it working.

Topped up by €10 and got the £5 instantly and I then converted it into € and now have €16-something.

Ordered a card too which should be here by 7/9 but that's such easy money, delighted.

Thanks OP and everyone here for their help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Transferred some Euro out from my Revolut Card last Saturday Aug 29 - it just hit my PTSB Current a/c today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Still waiting for my bank transfer from Aib to show up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

Just tried out my card for the first time today in Dunnes .€8.50 purchase on a €10 balance.Card declined.(but the amount has been taken from my balance as pending).Not a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

theres another good card for people that wish to say transfer cash in fashion like paypal or like to gamble on anonymous terms.

Netteler or Net+,setup takes some time if you want to tie up your bank acc for easy transfer,but once done its always few click to get funds in and out,no cost on transfer between net+ accounts or game sites-no annual fees,you get new card every time it expires,only catch is they charge you % on depositing cash and also usual rape on conversion rates if say one does $>eur ,but nothing major.

vandriver wrote: »
    Just tried out my card for the first time today in Dunnes .€8.50 purchase on a €10 balance.Card declined.(but the amount has been taken from my balance as pending).Not a good start.

- Worrying -can you please keep us updated here on this?

Delta2113 wrote: »
    - Worrying -can you please keep us updated here on this?
    I'm going to try a test purchase in work tonight(with the 1.50 !).

I'm just curious could it be a case of people in the shops not processing a transaction in the correct manner.

Also can someone just clarify - is it only the person who invites someone that get's a free £5 and not the new member also?

Delta2113 wrote: »
    I'm just curious could it be a case of people in the shops not processing a transaction in the correct manner.
    I used the self service tills.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Niemoj wrote: »
    Finally got it working.

Topped up by €10 and got the £5 instantly and I then converted it into € and now have €16-something.

Ordered a card too which should be here by 7/9 but that's such easy money, delighted.

I topped up by €20 to test it but didn't get any free cash :(

Edit: Nevermind. I fcuked up and never used the "MSE" code :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I topped up by €20 to test it but didn't get any free cash :(

Edit: Nevermind. I fcuked up and never used the "MSE" code :(

Did you enter the promo code?

Ninja Edit: Someone else tweeted them and got it applied afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Niemoj wrote: »
    Finally got it working.

Still having bother here with this issue, how did you solve it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

duffman13 wrote: »
    Did you enter the promo code?

Ninja Edit: Someone else tweeted them and got it applied afterwards.

I mailed them and asked if they can retrospectively add my code :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Trying all day to get signed up but not receiving the damn text message

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

over in the USA now, withdrew money at ATM no hassle at all.

Also transferred $ to my friend's account to repay him. All good.

No fees for either of the above ^

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

sorry for noob question . Once we make an account can this be any currency , or only one like withe dollar card or sterling or like wise.
    How it work from ireland
    thanks

You can instantly exchange between €, £ and $, with more currencies rumour to be coming soon. I'm looking at you bitcoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

revz wrote: »
    over in the USA now, withdrew money at ATM no hassle at all.

Also transferred $ to my friend's account to repay him. All good.

No fees for either of the above ^

Signed up for this card for exactly this reason so glad to hear it's working for you.

Waiting for the card and it says Printed 3/9 and the interestingly Posted 7/9.

Does this mean they're after getting it posted out faster than they thought themselves or is it supposed to have the Printed box ticked so you know when it'll arrive?

On the screen off the app mine jumped from issued to show pin - the tick system obviously isn't working as it should at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Bit of a d/ck question, but to guys that have been using it for a while, do you feel it's safe? Going over to the states and would be very handy to throw some of the spends into dollars now but have them easily back into euros if needs be. Haven't seen anyone putting sums >€50 on yet and was wondering is it because ye're not sure if their trustable yet? Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement