Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy TAB S 8.4 and 10.1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Hold on til I find it, it's for the s anyway

10.5 simple cover

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

s15r330 wrote: »
    10.5 simple cover

Where are you located though?

Longford/Westmeath but often in Dublin/Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭rustynutz

For anyone interested in a Samsung Tab S at half price check with your local Gamestop, I bought the last one in Castlebar last week, rang them again Sunday and they were after getting another in stock at the same reduced price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Do castlebar still have stock rustynutz?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I bought this case on eBay for £13.68 inc. post, which looks similar to the official smart case I think.

It hasn't arrived so far, so can't say what the quality is like yet.

62CF03439BCCCF16CDA0D2CA539A9AD2C799609A03D2CFC69ECFD204C9CDC89CC6539ECC299E9A66CFF5CD.jpg

invest4deepvalue.com

RossieMan wrote: »
    Do castlebar still have stock rustynutz?

No, I bought the last one.....again. Check with them though as they seem to get more in every couple of days, they are a savage tablet for 215 euro, way better than the Ipad 2 I got

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Stheno wrote:
    I should have expanded here, we did it in the middle of the day, shut down the entire business (1000+) users for three business days, and had no active directory backup, so spent an entire weekend manually recreating every single user.

Ya bastard. I was in on Saturday and seen yours sitting on the table, you must have just called the shop before I got in. She didn't say they'd be getting more stock though. Must keep onto them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Got the 10.5 Tab in Blanch today. Delighted with it. The kids always had great Tabs. I'm hiding this one from them. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Knine wrote: »
    Got the 10.5 Tab in Blanch today. Delighted with it. The kids always had great Tabs. I'm hiding this one from them. :-)

Was it €215?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Mono25

I got one in donaghmede today. It was €215 only with the level 3 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Was it €215?

Yes €215 but I had to get the level 3 card.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I got one in gamestop newbridge 215 plus the card. It was the last 10.5 one but they had stock of the 8.4s and the iPad. But they do seem to be getting stock back in as the guy told me it was a new batch in.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

thanks guys for this thread, i was seriously considering getting a new Tab S for €450 the other day and i ended up getting it for a steal today at €215 and i'm not even a level 3 member. Got mine in Douglas , cork today but i think it was the last one left there. Although i think there's some the Patrick street store in Cork.
    Anyone know where i can get a decent value cover/case for it??

Do-more wrote: »
    I bought this case on eBay for £13.68 inc. post, which looks similar to the official smart case I think.

It hasn't arrived so far, so can't say what the quality is like yet.

62CF03439BCCCF16CDA0D2CA539A9AD2C799609A03D2CFC69ECFD204C9CDC89CC6539ECC299E9A66CFF5CD.jpg

Did you receive this case yet? Thinking of buying the same just wondering about quality

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

rustynutz wrote: »
    Did you receive this case yet? Thinking of buying the same just wondering about quality

I personally wouldn't trust these fake cases to hold properly in the buttons on the back. So be very careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Techmaster wrote: »
    I personally wouldn't trust these fake cases to hold properly in the buttons on the back. So be very careful.

They're spot on. Got one from aliexpress last year. No discernable difference at all to the official cover and only a fraction of the cost. It's throwing money away buying the official cover

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭Tefral

is this deal still going?

rustynutz wrote: »
    Yes, it arrived during the week, but I have only had a chance to have a quick look at it.

I haven't seen the official case to compare it with but in appearance this one seems very good.

Clipping it on to the tablet, one side holds very very firmly, you practically have to wrench it off but the other side pops out way too easily. I am hoping that it can be adjusted so that it is the same as the other side but I didn't have a small screwdriver handy at the time. I'll try to look at it again today and report back.

The tablet isn't being used yet as it is for a birthday present in October.

[Edit] Just had a look at it now and adjusted the screws but still one side comes away a lot easier than the other and would probably be very irritating in every day use. Will contact the eBay seller to see what they say, but for the moment I can't recommend it.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I would also take a case from Belkin or Logitech or a reputable manufacturer rather than a knock off of the official one from eBay, but most of what I see is still 40€ or much more. At least the white folio book case seems to be dropping on eBay. Anyone else have other suggestions?

Yes, it arrived during the week, but I have only had a chance to have a quick look at it.

I haven't seen the official case to compare it with but in appearance this one seems very good.

Clipping it on to the tablet, one side holds very very firmly, you practically have to wrench it off but the other side pops out way too easily. I am hoping that it can be adjusted so that it is the same as the other side but I didn't have a small screwdriver handy at the time. I'll try to look at it again today and report back.

The tablet isn't being used yet as it is for a birthday present in October.

[Edit] Just had a look at it now and adjusted the screws but still one side comes away a lot easier than the other and would probably be very irritating in every day use. Will contact the eBay seller to see what they say, but for the moment I can't recommend it.

I contacted the eBay seller who then requested a video of the problem. Made and sent that immediately and the seller came back the next day with an offer of a £7 refund if I keep the case. By the time I would pay for recorded delivery to send it back it I probably wouldn't be much better off so I took the easy option and accepted the refund....

invest4deepvalue.com

I contacted the eBay seller who then requested a video of the problem. Made and sent that immediately and the seller came back the next day with an offer of a £7 refund if I keep the case. By the time I would pay for recorded delivery to send it back it I probably wouldn't be much better off so I took the easy option and accepted the refund....
    Probably your best option, I won't go for that one so - waiting for the official one of that to drop in price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Toast

On a marginally related note I ordered a face full of accessories for my new Galaxy Tab.

Memory Card, a charger dock, an iPega 9023 controller and a case. The controller couldn't be shipped to Ireland for no good reason so I parcelmotelled the lot only for Amazon to split the delivery up into the memory and charger and the controller and case (even though I didn't choose the "split my deliveries to make it quicker" option. Just to be wary if anyone is making a similar order of stuff as I'll be stuck with two Parcel Motel charges now. Would have been best to split out the controller on its own.

Also 128gb Samsung memory cards are bizarrely 8 sterling cheaper if you choose the option with adapter than without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/subject/32353482014.html

Got one of these delivered today, fits perfect and looks really well on the device!

baldshin wrote: »
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/subject/32353482014.html

Got one of these delivered today, fits perfect and looks really well on the device!

I'm guessing that it is not real?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

I'm guessing that it is not real?

I assume not, but it's got all the Samsung branding in the right places.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

I bought this case from amazon.co.uk and i'm very happy with it, it includes a bluetooth wireless keyboard. it is a great quality case, i was actually impressed as i was expecting it to be a little bit cheap looking but it's perfect.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00SR5WM9C?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_2&smid=A3POMQ7NXW9I35

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭cw67irl

Are these still on sale guys? looking for a 10 inch screen for collegework

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Cliona2012

Hi guys
    Are these still on sale anywhere? Or will they be back ?

Advertisement