Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

No blackspots on the network, other than those experienced by Three customers.

LOL :D - In other words, customers will experience all the same chronic handover and cell shrinkage problems as Three customers since the merge! The only advantage might be that the customer care might be more civilised to deal with than the Mumbai crew who handle Three. And maybe they won't charge €1 per MB for tethering, as Three have started doing without telling anyone.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Three network is still banjaxed, and even the Three reps on talk-to-three admit that it is going to take at least 2 years to roll out coverage at the old O2 sites.

Anyone considering any MVNO's that piggyback on Three would be well advised to have a good read of the Talk-to-Three forum first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

bugfreebob wrote: »
    LOL :D - In other words, customers will experience all the same chronic handover and cell shrinkage problems as Three customers since the merge! The only advantage might be that the customer care might be more civilised to deal with than the Mumbai crew who handle Three. And maybe they won't charge €1 per MB for tethering, as Three have started doing without telling anyone.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Three network is still banjaxed, and even the Three reps on talk-to-three admit that it is going to take at least 2 years to roll out coverage at the old O2 sites.

Anyone considering any MVNO's that piggyback on Three would be well advised to have a good read of the Talk-to-Three forum first.

Wow. I'm not saying that I don't agree, I'm just saying wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

yeah better not be 1 squid per mb, i wasn't informed of this nor given any paperwork of any description to say i cant tether (i would be royally ucked if it is)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭jgbyr

yeah better not be 1 squid per mb, i wasn't informed of this nor given any paperwork of any description to say i cant tether (i would be royally ucked if it is)

Saw on their twitter feed that tethering is allowed. Can't post the link. It was a msg to someone two days ago.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Saw on their twitter feed that tethering is allowed. Can't post the link. It was a msg to someone two days ago.

Could you pm it to me. I'm very worried....Just went through like 7 gigs by tethering

• Advertisement

Could you pm it to me. I'm very worried....Just went through like 7 gigs by tethering

Here's a screenshot of it.

jgbyr wrote: »
    Here's a screenshot of it.

Many thanks! Phew... Screenshotted That as evidence incase they go back on their word hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

:-)

iD will be Ireland's most flexible network offering 12, 18 and 24 month contracts and will have 4G network from Launch

Not long to go now folks..... :-)

iD - iChoose iChange iDecide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

CVB wrote: »
    iD will be Ireland's most flexible network offering 12, 18 and 24 month contracts and will have 4G network from Launch

The rest of the networks should be iWorried :D

• Advertisement

But where will it have 4G? Alot of the country struggles with H on three network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The staff exclusive Sim's didn't seem to have a contract?

Yes the Staff friends & family SIM cards are 30day rolling contract SIM cards :-)

Yes the Staff friends & family SIM cards are 30day rolling contract SIM cards :-)

Fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

iM ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

bugfreebob wrote: »
    And maybe they won't charge €1 per MB for tethering, as Three have started doing without telling anyone.

What 3 plan charges you for tethering, some people on old o2 plans where they always were maybe but there's no cost built into any 3 plan. It's unlimited data.

What 3 plan charges you for tethering, some people on old o2 plans where they always were maybe but there's no cost built into any 3 plan. It's unlimited data.

15GB fair usage policy.

After that, they will throttle your speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bugfreebob

Tethering is not included in "unlimited" data even if you haven't broken through the 15GB fair-usage barrier.. Three have always made it very clear that any Tethering is prohibited. What they did not make clear is what the consequences would be if you ignored the rules. They have now started charging for data if you tether. Some users on Talk-to-Three have got bills of hundreds or even Thousands of Euro! The reps have admitted that they are now charging for tethering, and they explain that the charges are simply the out-of-bundle rates that they have always advertised. Uproar on the media last week about it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brainiac2000

Any "iD" (get it?) When the launch is? I'm on 48 ATM and looking forward to someone competing with them for good prices

Any "iD" (get it?) When the launch is? I'm on 48 ATM and looking forward to someone competing with them for good prices

Read the thread?

Its this week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It's Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

the CEO of the KillBiller app was on Newstalk this morning talking about their new killbiller irish mobile network report on the id mobile launch

He said the id mobile tariffs are available already on their app for comparison. Unfortunately that app doesnt support Windows phone (:eek:...) i cant say what they are. Maybe someone else can?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Scruff wrote: »
    the CEO of the KillBiller app was on Newstalk this morning talking about their new killbiller irish mobile network report on the id mobile launch

He said the id mobile tariffs are available already on their app for comparison. Unfortunately that app doesnt support Windows phone (:eek:...) i cant say what they are. Maybe someone else can?

I downloaded it to see and ask it gives me is the prices with no actual plan information so it's pretty useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Don't mind KillBiller.

Yes, I'm biased because they've also got a plan comparison site, but MoolaMonkey doesn't take money or referral cuts.
    However, today's announcement is below the bar. Don't state to your customers that you've got information when you don't really.

If you tell porkies to your customers, you're going to turn them against you.

/Anyway, back on with the topic.

I have 4G on iD mobile :-) So happy speeds amazing !
    Download 26.81Mbps & Upload 28.76Mbps .

I have 4G on iD mobile :-)

Haven't set up my sim yet. Does the 5,000 minutes include landlines? If not, how much are they per minute?

Haven't set up my sim yet. Does the 5,000 minutes include landlines? If not, how much are they per minute?

Minutes can be used to call standard Irish landlines, standard Irish mobiles and the iD Mobile voicemail service whilst in the Republic of Ireland.

It includes landlines.

• Advertisement

I have 4G on iD mobile :-) So happy speeds amazing !
    Download 26.81Mbps & Upload 28.76Mbps .

What part of the country are you in?

Advertisement