Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where is safe to surf a high tide in North Clare?

Options
  • 17-06-2015 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere within 10 miles of Lahinch that is safe to surf a high tide?

Beginner/intermediate level.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

You're probably better off at low tide in Fanore,high tide can close out and the swells can be a bit big for a beginner.
    The rock's can be a hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭n1st

thanks, I know the low tide spots and I know Fanore well.
    Is Spanish Point an option at high tide?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Spanish point is ok at high tide,try get out back because of close outs.
    Sometimes you get the odd big set which you're better off duckdiving or paddling over.
    I've seen even pro's paddling over them because they have no shape and just smash you upon to the rock's.....

Advertisement