Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Project Maths 2013 Sample Papers discussion here!

• 22-11-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

I'm doing higher level maths this year and we still haven't got exam papers ? Is this the case in other schools ? we were told that there not printed yet ? :confused: Im getting worried because i have nothing to use to revise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Haven't been printed yet. What book are you using? If you're using the Active Maths ones, just go back to the revision questions at the end of each chapter and pick out a few near the end, they tend to be exam style ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

Oh okay thanks . We are using texts and tests books which have some revision questions , but we have a concise maths book also which has no revision questions.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭200c200c

Does anyone know when they will be printed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

naysayer wrote: »
    The content and layout is the same as that used in the poject maths initial schools in 2011.

Not quite true. The content is mostly the same. The structure is somewhat different, (e.g., no choice in Section C of paper 1).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭YoursSincerely

200c200c wrote: »
    Does anyone know when they will be printed ?

Now that the sample papers went online last week, our teacher hopes that we will have them by Christmas. Last year they had them by now, its getting really late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

Educate.ie papers for Maths are now printed. My teacher had them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Our papers from educate arrived yesterday also, costing us a fiver , but there's like 400 pages in them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,086 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just to remind people the sample papers are the best guide as to what the actual papers will be.
    Various companies make their own versions, which can be helpful for practice and revision, but the official sample papers are the ones to be relied on.

spurious wrote: »
    Just to remind people the sample papers are the best guide as to what the actual papers will be.
    Various companies make their own versions, which can be helpful for practice and revision, but the official sample papers are the ones to be relied on.

The sample papers from Educate are exactly the same as the official sample papers. Also Educates sample papers seem to be really good - the Ordinary Level ones which I'm doing are anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Considering the sample paper was only released a week ago, it's very early to have their own sample papers released though, no? :confused: I know the new sample papers haven't changed much from previous years but I'd rather wait another few weeks to feel confident that things have been amended in accordance with them, surely a week would only really give time to print and circulate the papers? I imagine I'll be waiting for Edco's papers anyway.

Does anyone know if the EDCO papers are out yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭JackTheGrinder

Hello, I just thought I would throw up this thread for people to discuss the project maths sample papers for 2013 which recently came out.

The links are:
    Paper 1 :https://examinations.ie/schools/LCEV2013/Project_Maths_Phase_2_P1_Higher_Level.pdf

Paper 2: https://examinations.ie/schools/LCEV2013/Project_Maths_Phase_2_P2_Higher_Level.pdf

So if anyone has anyones they cant get tell us and hopefully we can get a few good math people active on here to help :)

ill start... does anybody know the answer to q 7(c) (i) and (ii)? Been strugling with then for couple of days now

Solution is here

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ella.cole

Thanks for those links :)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

Just wondering,
    Which questions should I be able answer on the project maths official sample papers when I've covered Chapters 1-5 in book 1 of Active maths 4 (real numbers, Algebra I, II & III and arithmetic).
    Thanks!
    (Higher lever by the way)

can anyone explain the exponential in differentiation? i know I a probably being a bit vague but it never made any sense to me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Educate.ie got theirs out fastest because they print in Ireland. Due to the removal of choice in the old section the other companies had to wait for theirs to be redone and shipped into Ireland. I know our department is considering requesting our school stick with educate.ie next year to keep the money in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RachelDJack

Been struggling with Q4 (b) .. For the life of me I just cannot remember how to do these things, anyone know if there are any full solutions out there??

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 9 RachelDJack

Thank you so much! :D

I am looking for an A1 in Maths this year guys, because I need the point for medicine but here is the thing, I hve always een very good at maths, usually getting A's or B's but this year, with project maths I am struggling so far, I have gotten all C's because I just can't study for the exams. I bought the exam papers and the solutions today so hopefully these will aid me but does anyone know any other good resources or tips for me to achieve this difficult goal. I know I am not bad at maths I just need to get a plan in place for the next few months before the L.C. All help greatly appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Undeadfred

Anywhere where i can get the worked solutions for EDCO sample paper D?

Advertisement