Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy TAB S 8.4 and 10.1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anyone know if there's any left in castlebar? Would definitely get one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

As much as I love my Nexus 9, a Tab S 8.4 for €175 is an amazing price.

Anyone know if the Carlow store have any?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Was anyone able to get an iPad / Tablet today, went in to pick up an iPad , they were marked half price but when he went to put it through the till it wouldnt let him, he said the promotions over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

None in castlebar. If anyone around ballina wants to pick me up one and post it is be forever grateful. Will throw in a bit extra for the trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads I rang up blanch and they have some but she said it's 300 and something with the level 3 card. Anyone buy one there for 215?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Picked up the 10 inch for 215 in Drogheda today, last one in the shop. I used my level 3 card. Really nice tablet.

Anyone buy an iPad today at all? Was told the promotions over on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone reckon we will see these online at similar prices? I could sell my iPad Air second hand, get one of these and still have money left over

Right so folks, Was in store at around 12:30 and was told the promotions over despite the fact they still had items out at half price. He said he will ring me back to see what the story is. 4 hours later no call so rang them and he confirmed the promotion is over.

Rang another store to double check and was told the promotion is on, they checked just an hour ago and its still running. The only thing is that there iPads are on hold for customers who called in the morning. But she was 100% certain that promotion is still on.

Looks like the first store wants to hold onto their stock themselves maybe the staff want to buy them. Really surprised to see they lied twice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

My understanding is its not a promotion, its a clearance sale. So it wont end until everything is sold. Its started about a month ago when all tablets were marked 25% off. They didn't shift then, so now they're 50% off. If they don't sell, they might drop again.

Id imagine all that's left now is some of those rte junior pads and maybe one or two more crappy android tabs, but no harm in checking stores to see.

• Advertisement

Anyone checked stock in the Waterford store?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

dan786 wrote: »
    Right so folks, Was in store at around 12:30 and was told the promotions over despite the fact they still had items out at half price. He said he will ring me back to see what the story is. 4 hours later no call so rang them and he confirmed the promotion is over.

Rang another store to double check and was told the promotion is on, they checked just an hour ago and its still running. The only thing is that there iPads are on hold for customers who called in the morning. But she was 100% certain that promotion is still on.

Looks like the first store wants to hold onto their stock themselves maybe the staff want to buy them. Really surprised to see they lied twice.

Could be down to poor organization, manage the and communication. For example, it varies from store to store if you need the level e member card. Stephens green wouldn't sell me a tablet without it but it seems Henry St store doesn't care if you have a membership card or not.

Screams either dodgy dealings or more likely bad management and communication

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

So the offer on the galaxy tabs is over yeah?

Tinie wrote: »
    So the offer on the galaxy tabs is over yeah?

Going purely on the previous posts, it depends on the store. Ring them and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

None in Kilkenny

picked up a 2nd galaxy tab s a few minutes ago in the Stephens Green Store.
    Still 1 8.4 left, 1 10 inch left, and a few ipad mini 2 retena 32gb. also some lower spec galaxy tabs available.

FYI - they all have the level 3 loyalty card taped to the boxes, meaning if you dont have the loyalty card, you have to purchase it at 17 euros. They will not sell the tablet to you otherwise. It comes up on thier till.

I know some other stores seem to have ignored this but Stephens green require the loyalty card.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Thanks Op - my missus was looking for a tablet for her birthday coming up in a couple of weeks so have been on the lookout for the past few months for a well speced and priced tablet. Rang Castlebar Gamestop Saturday and they kept the last tabs 10.5 they had for me, picked it up today for €215, asked what was left, just a Ipad 4 16g for €185 so I took that also for myself, they can't be got even secondhand for that price! Only signed up for the free membership card, happy days :)

My brother just got me the last 10.5 in Waterford. He said they still have at least one 8.4 and iPads (can't tell which as he didn't check sorry)

Anyone recommend a case or screen cover?

My brother just got me the last 10.5 in Waterford. He said they still have at least one 8.4 and iPads (can't tell which as he didn't check sorry)

Anyone recommend a case or screen cover?

What price did you pay for it?

What price did you pay for it?

• Advertisement

Did you have to get a level 3 card as thats what he quoted me which was like €18 for the card.

Did you have to get a level 3 card as thats what he quoted me which was like €18 for the card.

Have a read back over the last few posts, its discussed in detail.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Have a read back over the last few posts, its discussed in detail.

Yes, I did read it.

Im asking because as discussed multiple times, it varies by store and Waterford store is my local.

He already had a card but don't think it was a level 3. Sent me a photo of the price tag and didn't mention anything about loyalty card needed

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Hondo75

Got one in Charlestown shopping centre today galaxy tab s 10.1 thanks 230 euro

I think I will get the official Samsung Folio Book Case Cover in titanium bronze, but it is 55GBP from Samsung or 43GBP on Amazon. Anyone find it cheaper or recommend a different case?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I think I will get the official Samsung Folio Book Case Cover in titanium bronze, but it is 55GBP from Samsung or 43GBP on Amazon. Anyone find it cheaper or recommend a different case?

eBay has a few official Samsung ones for slightly cheaper. I got my book cover one there, in black. Nice cover, but damn is it hard to put it on! The buttons at the back of the tablet click into the case, and you feel like you're going to break it when pressing on the tablet! :D

been down the route of expensive cases in the past with previous ipads and never again. they simply are not worth the premium. Bit of searching will usually turn up something in the 15-20 quid range thats very good, but just not some official brand name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

I have a genuine samsung tab 10.5 simple cover, never used in blue. Take €20 for it.
    Probably not allowed to sell items here but I saw the thread and it is just sitting here. May be of use to someone

• Advertisement

s15r330 wrote: »
    I have a genuine samsung tab 10.1 smart case, never used in blue. Take €20 for it.
    Probably not allowed to sell items here but I saw the thread and it is just sitting here. May be of use to someone

I think you have a wrong sized case then as the tab s is 10.5 inches so won't fit.

Advertisement