Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feedback please

• 20-03-2015 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

hi, we have developed our website on wordpress, doesn't get much traffic, has been ok for people looking for address/phone numer and 1 or 2 niche products so far, but i'm sure lots of room for improvements.
    any feedback welcome, thanks.

palmerstownpharmcy.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Typo in your link:
    middleC wrote: »
    palmerstownpharmcy.ie

Correct one:

www.palmerstownpharmacy.ie

Nice looking site, a few things I would think about looking at:
    • Although the site is responsive, the page becomes very long - far too long for a mobile device. Consider hiding/not displaying content in the mobile version.
    • Contact details in the header, things like phone number etc. are quite small. Try a slightly larger or more heavy/bold font.
    • Opening hours don't stand out and are far down the page. This is something a huge number of your visits will be for, so consider placing them in a prominent place in the header. You could even use a simple script to show the opening hours for the day in question.
    • favicon.ico (the small icon beside your page title in web browser tab) is the default WordPress one, look at changing that to your logo or something suitable.
    • The default WordPress menus are making the page very long in the desktop version. Think about getting rid or hiding some of them (the Meta menu for example).

• Registered Users Posts: 14 middleC

thanks for the feedback Dave, appreciated.

We have changed the theme and reduced text on landing page.
    Can't manage to dispaly drop down menu's when viewing with mobile,
    any idea's how to fix?

now using twenty eleven theme and its useful for displaying page headings when opening page with mobile browser.

would appreciate any feedback on updated page

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

Maybe revisit the background colour. It hurts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 ithorizon

1. Color palette - this combination color of green...I would pick some better colors based on blue.
    2. Consistency in typing - some of the menu items are uppercase some of them aren't.Why?
    3.Header image - It's very boring try to put a photo of pharmacy instead.
    4.You should consider to join some of the content pages into one bigger, there is every single treatment in every single page.To check all of them You need to click, click, click....Boring
    5. Footer dosn't egsist.
    6.Advanced Nutrition Programme page is bugged.

However for me the biggest problem is Colors, Images used navigation across the website.

ithorizon wrote: »
    1. Color palette - this combination color of green...I would pick some better colors based on blue.
    2. Consistency in typing - some of the menu items are uppercase some of them aren't.Why?
    3.Header image - It's very boring try to put a photo of pharmacy instead.
    4.You should consider to join some of the content pages into one bigger, there is every single treatment in every single page.To check all of them You need to click, click, click....Boring
    5. Footer dosn't egsist.
    6.Advanced Nutrition Programme page is bugged.

However for me the biggest problem is Colors, Images used navigation across the website.

Good observations, appreciated thx.

Advertisement