Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help! My Dog is missing (Crumlin/CityCentre)

• 31-05-2009 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 7 Bilcro

My dog ran off down our back alley today and hasn't come home. I've been cycling around Dublin for hours looking for her. She is a small black and white sheepdog (border collie) with a multi-coloured Nylon collar. She answers to the name "Daisy". She's very friendly and runs up to everyone she meets. I know that she ran onto the Crumlin Road near Dolphin's Barn but I have no idea where she went from there.

If anyone should hear of a dog being found that fits the description, I'd really appreciate a call o n 087 2029049. Thanks.

There's a picture of Daisy here:

http://www.pbase.com/billy_crowley/image/107899026

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

sorry to hear,keep spreading the word. dogs often run off but make their way bake when hungry,fingers crossed she shows up. :(
    dont be afraid to ask any neighbours either,my dog was snatched a while back and some neighbours i never spoke to before saw who took him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Leia Clean Key

OP I've moved your thread here to the Animal & Pets forum.

The people here are brilliant for this sort of stuff, and many have connections to the various pounds & rescue's.

I hope your find your dog quickly, fit and well.

Lets know how you get on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You should start to call local pounds to see if they've got her, and to let them know to be on the lookout for her.

My Border Collie has escaped a few times too. They'll go on adventures and won't tire out too easily =p .. if she chases cars etc, theres a good chance somebodies already reported her to a kennel

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Gorgeous dog, is she microchipped? Keep looking and put up posters within a 3 or 4 mile radius if possible especially posters at vets and pet shops etc. Leave messages at the local pound and the surrounding pounds and rescues, contact the pounds at least once a day just in case.
    If she has an id tag on with your number you may even get a call in the next day or two.

Don't give up looking though because she's bound to be around somewhere.
    Put a notice up on the lost and found section of irishanimals.ie and also contact you local radio station radio can be a great way of getting a dog back

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bilcro

Thanks for the advice folks. 250 posters and many hours cycling around Dublin later, Daisy has been located. I've gotten far more excercise this bank holiday than I had planned. Luckily, she's been found before the kids return home from their grandparents' house. She is now microchipped and I'll get ID tags for her tomorrow.

Cheers!

Billy

• Advertisement
Advertisement