Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quoting films/tv shows in everyday life

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Go f*ck yourself San Diego

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Gir from invader zim :D

"I'm gonna sing the doom song now! DOOM doom doom doom... <6 years later> Doomy-doomy Doom doom doom.. the End!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

Now that represents a degree of hypocrisy I've hirtherto suspected in you, but have not noticed due to highly evasive skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Throwing in a relevent line from the likes of Simpsons, Arreted Development or any number of quotable films is grand.

People who think they're funny because they can tell you every last fúcking word of Anchorman or Step Brothers are the pits. (to be clear I find both films hilarious. Some bloke reciting line after line, isn't.)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

"Keep the change, ya filthy animal"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭BO-JANGLES

"You talkin' to me?" Taxi Driver

and

"that would be an ecumenical matter" Father Ted

Use these regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Trigger13222

Boy, that escalated quickly. I mean, that really got out of hand fast!

Can't beat Ron Burgundy quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Dr conrad murray

"is there anything to be said for saying another mass?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Roisy7

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Gotta ham up the Spanish accent for extra value!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

I've no willy....

Always a good icebreaker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Did we just be come best friends? YEP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Don't know how some folk can recite tracts from films verbatim, I've the memory of a goldfish as regards films

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

At New Year's, it hit midnight and after the mass 'HAPPY NEW YEARS' from everyone, my mate turned to his girlfriend said 'Awww' and gave her a kiss.

So I turned to the empty space beside me and said 'Awww.....oh no wait, I have no one'

"I hear you're a racist now Father"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

spodoinkle wrote: »
    "Keep the change, ya filthy animal"

Is that an actual film or did they just invent it for Home Alone. I've been told it's a spoof of Angels with Dirty Faces but I've never seen it so i dont know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

'In five minutes time I'll be talking to Norfolk's youngest butcher'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Grand cake Nora.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

stinkle wrote: »
    Which one did you do? and did you get him to do a different chicken dance to the one you were doing? "has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?"

Well I was doing a mixture of all of them throughout the night, But Lindsay's dance is my favourite, so mostly that one :L . He sort of had a go at that one from what I remember, I didn't get a chance to show him the other ones unfortunately :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

This actually does my head in. I find people who do this a lot never actually have anything real to say... no real conversation at all, no real opinions or views or anything.

I used to know a guy who spoke like this almost exclusively through Simpsons/Family Guy/South Park quotes... like come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Have you heard the word, about the bird?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Gonna check on this thread later for more quotes. Il be back ..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Holsten wrote: »
    This actually does my head in. I find people who do this a lot never actually have anything real to say... no real conversation at all, no real opinions or views or anything.

I used to know a guy who spoke like this almost exclusively through Simpsons/Family Guy/South Park quotes... like come on!

Would you say you're so mad you fee like you're gonna explode? :pac:

Ps i see what you did there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭SoulTrader

I read a good book recently, by Michael Lewis, called Boomerang. A section of it dealt with the economic crisis in Ireland, and how the Irish are quite indifferent when it comes to protesting. He mentioned one protest in particular, and said that one of the placards that a protestor was carrying simply said "Down with this sort of thing". I assume that he nor any of the proofreaders ever watched Father Ted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Gir from invader zim :D

"I'm gonna sing the doom song now! DOOM doom doom doom... <6 years later> Doomy-doomy Doom doom doom.. the End!"

reminds me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

"I've had my fun and that's all that matters" - from Father Ted.

"No luck then Ted" - from Father Ted.

"Get them feckin' Crunchies out of the car!" - Father Ted

"Speak up I'm wearing a towel" - The Simpsons.

I am sure I could think of a lot more.. I think I watch way too much tv :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭kat.mac

"That would be an ecumenical matter" - my all-time favourite.

I have an appalling memory so as much as I enjoy a good quote/catchphrase, I never remember them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

kat.mac wrote: »
    "That would be an ecumenical matter" - my all-time favourite.

I have an appalling memory so as much as I enjoy a good quote/catchphrase, I never remember them :(

I remember I did the Ordinary Religion paper for my Junior Cert, just completely took the piss with it, any answer I didn't know I just wrote "That would be an ecumenical matter" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

My 7 year old: "hang on guys, i've got a great idea!" In a michael caine accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals...... except the weasel."

Advertisement