Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10 shot dead at Batman showing in Denver

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

For people wondering why the baby was at the cinema? Who cares why it was there, you need to be questioning why someone would do this to people in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

As someone who recently had a bereavement, I get the "humour as a coping mechanism" thing. But people have been murdered in horrific circumstances.

Can you not keep the sick jokes to yourself right now?

They're sick to you. Look if it bothers you that much, tell me and I'll delete the post.

So far all I got was people being insulting and rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

smash wrote: »
    For people wondering why the baby was at the cinema? Who cares why it was there, you need to be questioning why someone would do this to people in the first place.

because nut jobs have easy access to guns in america

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

danniemcq wrote: »
    to quick and painless

Yeah, brilliant idea. Violence and bloodlust. Revenge. Violence begetting violence.

Somebody asked what's wrong with the world? Can't you see? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

chin_grin wrote: »
    :pac:

Hey the worlds a dark place brother/sister/whatever you are, the way people see and deal with situations is how we cope. Some do it with humour, you should laugh once in a while.

But it's called "gallows humour", have you ever laughed at the death of someone/something? No? Oh you must be a perfect God-fearing citizen then.

By the way I'm not laughing at the murder of twelve people. We're making a joke of the situation...and also the fact that the US has crazy gun laws. I don't know those twelve from Adam. I'll admit it's sad, but life goes on albeit up its own ar$e.

But sure you just continue to judge me, I don't give a flying f*ck. I wonder do you voice your opinion of disgust at anyone you hear joking about these acts around you? If you're that ballsy here, then you should be in real life.

And thats not the same thing seriously:(.

I know you may not give a flying fcuk but guess what some respect would be good. So easy to be a d1ick when its anonymous aint it. Bet you would not be like this in front of people who could see you and know you.

• Advertisement

can people debating what is or is not funny piss off and start their own thread

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

A guy being interviewed at that stream above just said one of the images that'll stay with him was of a little girl with bullet holes in her back..

.. jesus, it'd take me a long time to get over seeing an image like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

I know you may not give a flying fcuk but guess what some respect would be good. So easy to be a d1ick when its anonymous aint it. Bet you would not be like this in front of people who could see you and know you.

Actually I'm sure he would. Some people enjoy black humour.

I've never seen such an idiotic argument as "I dislike your sense of humour, so you shouldn't have it".

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This is not the place to discuss what constitutes comedy. And this is neither the time or place for jokes. Stick to the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

This obvioulsy wasn't a spur of the moment thing, someone actually sat down and planned this. Either way, the Americans will get their pound of flesh on this.

I don't normally agree with the Death Penalty, but in an instance like this, even I'd say the person that did this should be fried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Update: Loan gunman apparently. His apartment building has been evacuated too in case there's explosives planted there. Jesus!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

old hippy wrote: »
    Yeah, brilliant idea. Violence and bloodlust. Revenge. Violence begetting violence.

Somebody asked what's wrong with the world? Can't you see? :(

What do you suggest instead as a matter of interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

You are all absolute cunts. You absolute ****. I hope all you in the first couple of pages who made sick jokes fcuking keel over and die. You absolute arseholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Really? Making jokes about that now? Bad taste AH. RIP all the victims.

can we close this thread and start again maybe, its getting ridiculous in here!

A guy saying he was at that cinema a few weeks ago and the police were there checking people's tickets as they went in!!?! Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

According to him it means you'd get beaten up in person if you said a joke like that. I don't get it. They come to AH, they know what AH is like. And then they equate people making jokes with deserving to be beaten up. I think I know what I'd say is worse and it's not the jokes.

I do make statements like my posts to mates. just like we all agree that the events are terrible and a tragic waste of life

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Bad Panda wrote: »
    A guy saying he was at that cinema a few weeks ago and the police were there checking people's tickets as they went in!!?! Strange.

WTF was that going the achieve? Strange indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

:eek: What is WRONG with the world??

Rampant Wickedness and Evil in the Last Days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The movie is PG-13, there would have been lots of families at this,fcuking tragic.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    What do you suggest instead as a matter of interest?

I suggest that revenge fantasies are not a million miles from what may have set off these guys in the cinema. And that's its ironic, people calling for revenge here, wouldn't you say?

That's what's wrong with the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So f**king ignore me then.

People bitch and moan AH is too serious and then someone makes joke and they're bad people?

Jokes are a f**king necessity at the worse of times. My apologies I tried to make myself laugh.

10 people dead 50+ injured as they were waiting for a movie as 1 or more gumen opened fire

Sometimes it best when to know to be respectful and serious. If you think there should be another forum for this please suggest one.

If you want to make yourself laugh do it on your own

SantryRed wrote: »
    You are all absolute cunts. You absolute ****. I hope all you in the first couple of pages who made sick jokes fcuking keel over and die. You absolute arseholes.

More wishes of death and retribution. The tragic irony. :(

Lumbo wrote: »
    WTF was that going the achieve? Strange indeed.

I know eh.

He said he knew it wasn't very safe. What a strange thing to say about a cinema, but maybe they had some threats there before...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

RTE are now reporting that 14 have died. 10 at the cinema and 4 later in hospital.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0720/ten-shot-dead-at-batman-premier-in-denver.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

Temaz wrote: »
    Jesus:eek:

http://news.sky.com/story/962756/reports-10-shot-dead-at-batman-film-premiere
    Ten people have been shot dead at a Batman film premiere in Denver, Colorado, according to reports.
    More to follow...

Shootings in the USA..

Yawnnnnn.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Shootings in the USA..

Yawnnnnn.

I feel sad for you that you can't empathise as a human being.

Really, I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

It is a terrible thing to happen, but I'm equally shocked at the fact that it happened as well as the shooting. I meant no disrespect in my comments at all.

For me there are three things equally wrong in this case.

The fact that this took place.
    The fact that there are stupid gun laws in the US.
    The fact that whoever bought the gun wasn't "screened" (psychoanalysed) and/or thought this was ok to do.

Please stop getting me wrong on this, I wasn't saying that it was a joke that this happened. I was trying to point out (I'll admit in a stupid way) that the lackadaisical attitude to guns in an old piece of paper that was important then, but not now in civilised society. So that "they do it to themselves" quote of mine was very much out of place...but again it related to guns. (Sorry for repeating myself).

To anyone I've offended with my comments, I sincerely apologise. I wasn't trying to detract from the situation or get the most thanks or a rise out of people. And of course it's terrible for those affected and their families, I wouldn't like the same to happen to any of you.

But we all treat instances like this differently, albeit in horrible ways ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭InvisibleBadger

Bad Panda wrote: »

sauce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Rampant Wickedness and Evil in the Last Days.

For once I actually agree with something you've said.

I'm starting the see the world as a far more malevolent and unsafe place lately. I'd stick an "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" meme in here if it wasn't so highly inappropriate.

Advertisement