Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offseason Cuts/Trades/Signings/Franchise Tags etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Orton to the Cowboys? Thats an odd one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭TimThomas

They need a decent backup for injury prone Romo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,329 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Not really, looked likely after Washington moved to no.2 in the draft. Miami showed no interest in him at all so there really was no starting job available to him. Backing up Romo seems like a good move in the short term for him with the chance of a starters job next year and maybe sooner given Romo seems to go down for a couple of games every second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Michael Bush visiting the Bears today and Bengals Monday. I'd love a Forte-Bush 1-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Odd decision on Ortons part, he surely could have held out for a while and see if a starting spot (or a good chance to fight for a spot) might not open up at Jacksonville or Cleveland

• Advertisement

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Michael Bush visiting the Bears today and Bengals Monday. I'd love a Forte-Bush 1-2.

Would be great addition for both these sides. You'd think Bengals could offer him more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

I couldn't see why Bush'd go to a team where he'd be a #2 again, the guy has proven he has what it takes to be a feature runner and should take the Bengals, they look like they can go places themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Odd decision on Ortons part, he surely could have held out for a while and see if a starting spot (or a good chance to fight for a spot) might not open up at Jacksonville or Cleveland

Why would the Browns want him? He's not any better than McCoy and McCoy has far more upside. Again no point in the Jags giving up on Gabbert yet either, esepcially not for a guy like Orton.

Why would the Browns want him? He's not any better than McCoy and McCoy has far more upside. Again no point in the Jags giving up on Gabbert yet either, esepcially not for a guy like Orton.

If your Orton who you rather a shot at a training camp competition against McCoy/Gabbert or no hope against Romo. I'm trying to look at it from Ortons point of view not a certain teams point of view.

Also at this point i would have Orton over Gabbert to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Bucs looking strong and Schiano looks like a pretty good coach as well. He's been very impressive so far

Some great signings this far. Need to start converting all their potential into wins next season.

• Advertisement

Jonathon Fanene signs 3 year deal with Pats

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Chargers have Jarret Johnson from the Ravens. I have a bad feeling about this, after seeing Antwan Barnes performances after leaving the Ravens for the Chargers.

If your Orton who you rather a shot at a training camp competition against McCoy/Gabbert or no hope against Romo. I'm trying to look at it from Ortons point of view not a certain teams point of view.

Also at this point i would have Orton over Gabbert to be fair.

Orton doesn't get to pick though. He could easily be left with a situation where he turns down the Cowboys and then no one comes up for him, or only does at the end and then offer him far less money. You know what you have with Orton, he'll never improve really and what you have is a very average QB. Gabbert might not even make that but considering the money they are paying him they have to at least give him a shoot.

Orton doesn't get to pick though. He could easily be left with a situation where he turns down the Cowboys and then no one comes up for him, or only does at the end and then offer him far less money. You know what you have with Orton, he'll never improve really and what you have is a very average QB. Gabbert might not even make that but considering the money they are paying him they have to at least give him a shoot.

The Jags are waiting with bated breath on Manning, if he goes to Denver Jacksonville will ambulance chase Tebow like they should have when he was available to draft. The Jags saw what they had with Gabbert last year and it wasn't something that showed much promise at all.

Gabbert likely will be forgotten about completely in that situation, and either way he's more likely than not to end up Jimmy Clausened.

Cowboys sign Brandon Carr to 5 year $50.1 million deal.

Guess while the rest of us experience the recession there is plenty to go around in the NFL with all these crazy contracts.

Jason McCourty joins the Rams.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Cowboys sign Brandon Carr to 5 year $50.1 million deal.

Guess while the rest of us experience the recession there is plenty to go around in the NFL with all these crazy contracts.

Good pick up for the Cowboys. Carr is potentially a very good corner. Showed flashes of potential last season.

As for the contract, seems to be the going rate for corners in free agency

Another mental one now. DeSean Jackson 5 years $51 million. Gonna love it when either he beats Carr or vice versa. We can talk about those ridic contract then.

Jason McCourty joins the Rams.

Are you sure? Titans lose both Finnegan and McCourty to the Rams. Isnt McCourty still in contract?

Syferus wrote: »
    The Jags are waiting with bated breath on Manning, if he goes to Denver Jacksonville will ambulance chase Tebow like they should have when he was available to draft. The Jags saw what they had with Gabbert last year and it wasn't something that showed much promise at all.

Gabbert likely will be forgotten about completely in that situation, and either way he's more likely than not to end up Jimmy Clausened.

I doubt Jags will go after Tebow. I've heard nothing about them being interested in him.

• Advertisement

Gabbert's contract not that big to be fair ($12 million over 4 years)

As for Orton, i doubt the Cowboys are paying him much more than league minimum anyway. I'm just saying if it were me I would have held out for a shot at a starters job. Orton is no superstar but he is prob good enough to start for a few teams in the league.

TimThomas wrote: »
    Are you sure? Titans lose both Finnegan and McCourty to the Rams.
    Actually scratch that, my mistake. Jason posted on Devin's wall wishing his bro all the best so I got mixed up. It was Jason wishing his bro(Cortland) all the best.:confused:

I doubt Jags will go after Tebow. I've heard nothing about them being interested in him.

Their new owner has wet himself about the thought of getting Tebow!!!

He stated publicly this week that if he was owner at the time he would have drafted Tebow. So yes they really are interested

Another mental one now. DeSean Jackson 5 years $51 million. Gonna love it when either he beats Carr or vice versa. We can talk about those ridic contract then.

Now that's a crazy contract. They reckon he wont go over the middle anymore after getting knocked out twice in the past 2 seasons and that he'll only run go routes. He was so poor most the time last year and a distraction to the team. I really thought they would just tag and trade him. Poor piece of business here.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Jaguars are crazy about Tebow. Florida support and all that. For a franchise with serious problems capturing the imagination of its fans he would be a big boost.

Their new owner has wet himself about the thought of getting Tebow!!!

He stated publicly this week that if he was owner at the time he would have drafted Tebow. So yes they really are interested

He has also said he has no involvement in personnel decisions and that's Smiths job. Tebow is huge in florida no doubt, but long can he fill stadiums when the team is losing?

He has also said he has no involvement in personnel decisions and that's Smiths job. Tebow is huge in florida no doubt, but long can he fill stadiums when the team is losing?

The GM keeps the owner happy, it doesn't work the other way round!

The Jags have a very solid defence and an elite RB, improve the o-line and get a couple of receivers (re: draft) and the Jags will be a borderline play-off team. There's not a huge difference between the Broncos team at the moment and the Jags apart from receivers with actual potential.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Cardinals announce: 49ers' Adam Snyder signs 5-year deal with Arizona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

All the Jacksonville based journalists and beatwriters that I follow seem unanimous in their confidence that the Jags have no interest in Tebow.

Ticket sales in Jacksonville are no worse now then they were when the 2010 draft was on (they're actually better). Gene Smith saw no need to draft Tebow then and it sounds like he has no desire to get him now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

spiralism wrote: »
    Also, Schefter reports that Paul Soliai is heading to visit Denver. Cmon Elway, lock this up.
    Soliai has re-signed with the Dolphins - $24million/3years with $18million guaranteed. They have a few bob to spare now that they won't be getting Manning and Marshall is gone.

Some crazy money being tossed around at the moment.
    Ticket sales in Jacksonville are no worse now then they were when the 2010 draft was on (they're actually better). Gene Smith saw no need to draft Tebow then and it sounds like he has no desire to get him now.
    No one expected McDumb to trade up to No25 and take Tebow in the first round - he was projected as a 3rd rounder and the Jags were planning to take him in the second.

Advertisement