Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due July 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Saurelin

Kildareah poor you.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mamaheidi

Very jealous about everybody doing up their nurseries! We're renting at the minute and hope to get our own place towards the end of the year. My OH's suggestion for our 'nursery' was to move a chest of drawers & hope a cot fits in :D

19 weeks tomorrow and in the weird phase of being too big for most of my clothes but too small for the maternity wear... though I'm really enjoying slobbing around the house in hoodies & tracksuit bottoms lately, I don't know how I never saw the attraction before now ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

All you guys talking about doing up nurseries and I`ve just realised we have 2 rooms and my friend lives with us - I don`t have anywhere to put the baby. I`m unemployed and I checked with social welfare and I can`t rent out my house and rent something else. Oh well hopefully it will resolve itself by July.....

theg81der wrote: »
    All you guys talking about doing up nurseries and I`ve just realised we have 2 rooms and my friend lives with us - I don`t have anywhere to put the baby. I`m unemployed and I checked with social welfare and I can`t rent out my house and rent something else. Oh well hopefully it will resolve itself by July.....

Don’t worry the81der, you can always make room for baby in your bedroom.
    We will have Moses basket in our bedroom for first few months, and then we will move baby to nursery (unless will be too big for basket ;-))

theg81der, it'll be ok. The baby will probably sleep in your room for the first while anyway. Then maybe your friend will want to give you some space - if you own the house maybe your friend would prefer to rent somewhere else. You never know.

We're in a one bed apt which will be a squeeze but probably wouldn't save a whole lot if we move to a bigger place before July so here's hoping we'll manage ;-) My landlord lived in the same place with his partner and child for over a year so it can be done! Luckily we have parents with bigger houses & plenty of space to store things till we have our own place! Babies are only about a foot long but seem to come with a lot of stuff :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

cyning, did the bleeding stop? so sorry your having such a hard time of it- its very scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

javagal wrote: »
    cyning, did the bleeding stop? so sorry your having such a hard time of it- its very scary.

Ya it did, just got such a fright: I'm at higher risk of a miscarraige still and will be for the whole pregnancy so its just any bleeding is especially scary. I'm really really looking forward to Tuesday and my scan: best Valentines Day ever hopefully!!

Mamaheidi I got a pair of maternity jeans just for comfort: they aren't over the bump jeans so even though I'm very small they fit and are comfortable. I got them in Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Glad the bleed stopped cyning!

I can't remember if I put it on here before but I got a bundle of 2nd hand maternity clothes from a girl selling them on adverts.ie. It was all size 12 and good makes like Dorothy Perkins, Next etc. So anyway, got the sack of clothes yesterday evening and they are brilliant. There's tons of trousers, 3/4 length trousers, tops (for work & otherwise), dresses, leggings, bump bands, vests etc. They're all in perfect condition, no stains or balling. I'm soooo happy with them, literally won't have to buy anything else and they're all my style. Got the lot for €40!!

Would strongly suggest looking for ads selling bundles of mat clothes if you're tight on cash. I was very lucky as she really looked after these clothes so they're not going to fall apart on me or anything.

Mink wrote: »
    Glad the bleed stopped cyning!

I can't remember if I put it on here before but I got a bundle of 2nd hand maternity clothes from a girl selling them on adverts.ie. It was all size 12 and good makes like Dorothy Perkins, Next etc. So anyway, got the sack of clothes yesterday evening and they are brilliant. There's tons of trousers, 3/4 length trousers, tops (for work & otherwise), dresses, leggings, bump bands, vests etc. They're all in perfect condition, no stains or balling. I'm soooo happy with them, literally won't have to buy anything else and they're all my style. Got the lot for €40!!

Would strongly suggest looking for ads selling bundles of mat clothes if you're tight on cash. I was very lucky as she really looked after these clothes so they're not going to fall apart on me or anything.

that was lucky mink! its so hard to find pretty maternity clothes. im gonna live in maternity jeans, t shirts and scarves

I bought some staff from ebay, some from my sis (who had baby few weeks ago) and at home I'm wearing mainly my hubby t-shirts ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭March11

Cyning, I had another bleed on Friday too, it's so scary when it happens, have had 5 or 6 of them now. Had been having brown discharge for few days, went to doc last Thurs, did bloods & urine sample - the results of which I will get today. Then had the bleed on Friday at work, I had been feeling very uncomfortable down there all day and when I rang the hospital, they told me to come over to get checked out. Got there at 4pm and didn't get out til after 9pm, it was a horrendous wait. Had scope and swab and doc checked heartbeat and again all was fine, with no reason for bleed. Everyone is telling me to rest, but I feel I am taking it easy, so am back in work this morning hoping nothing else will happen. It's such a worry and I am constantly on knickerwatch now. :(

march that sounds horrible you poor thing.
    after having bleeds myself, i really think the hospital should educate more about bleeding, a lot of us have had it on here and if it wasnt for the thread i.d of given myself a heart attack!thank god for you ladies x

March I'd say take it easy but I'm sure you're sick of hearing that. I hope everything settles down today blood-wise.

Starting to get a touch of sciatica in the other butt cheek, did a bit of lifting & twisting yesterday so I'm sure that helped bring it on.

Put on over 2lbs in one week. I'm at the weight I'm supposed to be around 20 weeks already. I'm hoping it's just a growth spurt! I think there may have been one as all of a sudden a pair of tracksuit bottoms don't fit around my hips anymore (fit everywhere else)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It really is so scary March, I've had 3 bleeds and each one just feels so much scarier than the last. This was the first one I'd had in a long time though. I'm really looking forward to scan tomorrow and seeing babs again... that's all I've thought of all weekend.

Mink I have no idea what weight I'm supposed to be but my doctor told me I had a fine healthy sized uterus on Friday: thought my husband would die trying not to laugh in the corner :P

19 weeks today very nearly half way there... My new craving of the moment is mustard... mustard mustard and more mustard!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Oh March that's awful. I don't know what to say because I'm sure you are fed up with hearing "Take it easy"!

I've been really lucky, I'm 20 weeks and no bleeds. I have an appointment with the hosp tomorrow. Apparently it's a big scan or something! My mum is coming with me as my fiancee can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

notsobusy wrote: »
    Oh March that's awful. I don't know what to say because I'm sure you are fed up with hearing "Take it easy"!

I've been really lucky, I'm 20 weeks and no bleeds. I have an appointment with the hosp tomorrow. Apparently it's a big scan or something! My mum is coming with me as my fiancee can't make it.
    It's probably the anomaly scan. Takes about 30 mins I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭theg81der

silly wrote: »
    It's probably the anomaly scan. Takes about 30 mins I think.

Thought that was a private scan only?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yeah i think its private only scan too as we are going to newry next week to have it done. we were told by the hospital that they wouldnt do that particular scan and that we would have to go private.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Most hospitals do the 20 week anomaly scan, it's not an elusively private scan. I know the Rotunda do it for everyone on the public system. In fairness it's a very important scan and I think its nuts that all hospitals don't have it as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Morning ladies, how is everyone today?
    Many valentines? It was our anniversary on Sunday so we never do much for valentines, I always say its a day created by hallmark anyway!

Cyning and March, hope ye are both feeling better after your scares last week. Ye poor loves, must have been such a worrying and stressful time for you both.

I went back to work yesterday, still not feeling 100%, but I'm almost finished the antibiotics so hopefully they r working.
    I'm trying not to hop off the paracetamol but my jaw is really sore where I had the tooth taken out.

I started playing crying baby sounds to the dogs last week and they weren't the least little bit interested. One time they were asleep and just looked up at me and lay their heads back down again! Hope their as chilled out when it's the real thing!ha!

• Advertisement

In Coombe they are doing scans around week 20. I have my schedule for week 21 (15.03)
    can't wait.

kildareash wrote: »
    Morning ladies, how is everyone today?
    Many valentines? It was our anniversary on Sunday so we never do much for valentines, I always say its a day created by hallmark anyway!

we are celebrating 30th B-day of my hubby today, so I get flowers yesterday :)
    kildareash wrote: »
    I went back to work yesterday, still not feeling 100%, but I'm almost finished the antibiotics so hopefully they r working.
    I'm trying not to hop off the paracetamol but my jaw is really sore where I had the tooth taken out.

I envy you, my tests come back with not great results so I'm still at home.
    My GP told me enjoy as you will stay at home for a while.
    So I'm knitting blanket for baby and playing with cats.

Saurelin wrote: »
    My GP told me enjoy as you will stay at home for a while.
    So I'm knitting blanket for baby and playing with cats.

Sounds like bliss!

We're together over 10 years and we've always turned our noses up at Valentines as it really is a load of sh1te when you think about it. We're not great with birthdays either but we try make an effort for anniversary (even if it's just Eddie Rockets & the cinema :D)

But I think this baby has made the two of us all gooey! I'm treating him tonight by taking him to cinema to see a movie (a surprise) he's been going on about for weeks. And I've discovered a debit on our current account that I think is for something for me. I questioned him on it as I was honestly trying to figure out if it was the car insurance direct debit but then he says "you'll find out later". We really are gone a bit soppy with all this baby stuff! Such a waste of money we don't have but feck it.

Although... there's a strong chance the debit could be for something like a new toaster... I'll practise my "happily surprised" face just in case

Sounds lovely, saurelin.
    I was so glad I took the extra few days last week. Up to saturday, I wasn't even sure if I would be able to go into work yesterday.
    I needed the rest, I was having a snooze every couple of hours.
    But I will admit by Thursday, I was feeling very emotional because I hadn't left the house all week!

Mink wrote: »
    Sounds like bliss!

I'm actually tired of staying at home.
    On the other hand it is so nice to be able to rest, read books, and be able to actually cook dinner.

Kildaraesh, I'm falling asleep all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I am not actually falling asleep, but I am exhausted.
    Where is this mythological energy boost you get in the second trimester?

I'm wrecked all day, and awake all night.
    I read that this is my body's way of preparing for motherhood.
    My body obviously hasn't come up to speed with my plan for poking my hubby in the ribs and saying 'it's your turn' :rolleyes:

I am jealous of all the people attending hospitals with the anomaly scan as standard, I have to go get mine done privately. But we're doing it the weekend after next - I am very excited!! I hope everything is ok with Baby, hubby's nephew had a cleft pallette, so I want to be sure our little one is OK.

We should be able to find out the sex too!! I've had two dreams that it was a boy, so I guess this will prove if I should pay attention to my dreams :D My dad is convinced it will be a girl, but not long to wait now.

I still haven't felt a kick, but the heartbeat seems super strong - love my doppler

I really don't know what to do about the 20 week scan...it's not provided by the hospital (nxt appt not till 28 wks). And we don't really have €200 to spare at the minute to go privately. But wld manage it if I really wanted to.

And after my experience with the first scan not being clear because of all my extra "tissue", I'm wondering will it just be a waste of money because they won't be able to see anything.

Can someone educate me a bit more about the scan and what they look for etc?

Hi all,

Happy Valentine's Day! My OH is in the States for work so no spoiling for me today! Though I did wake up to a lovely email ;-) Not huge fans of Valentine's Day really so it's not a big deal anyway.

Re the scan - I have no idea how the scans work to be honest. I just have one scan at 22 weeks (3 weeks from now) so I presume this is the anomaly scan? Anybody any idea? I went for a private scan before Xmas because I couldn't wait until March but don't think we can afford another one. Also, there's something on Holles St website saying that they don't do scans especially for gender - does that mean they won't even tell us what they think they see!? I'd love to find out but if it means another couple of hundred we might just wait ;-)

Almost half way there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cailindeasciun

Hi ladies, long time lurker here - I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my first baby :-) and I love reading your posts. Kash your post about the "mythological energy boost" made me laugh out loud so I had to post!! While I am enternally grateful the sickness has stopped, it is tough trying to explain to everyone that doing the simplest thing takes so much of me energy wise these days. So reassuring to know I'm not the only one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

I definatley felt alot better after I hit 14/15 weeks. Not as tired as I was but still more tired than before I got pregnant obviously.
    My baby is CONSTANTLY moving, every few hours I feel it, he/she is always doing done kind of back flips or something. It feels like a worm wriggling inside my body..I can't feel it with my hands though, only on the inside if you know what I mean.
    I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and this started over 2 weeks ago.
    It's actually worrying me that baby is moving too much!!! Does my baby already have ADHD???

Advertisement