Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aero / TT Bars on a Hybrid

• 17-07-2012 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

I've been using the below hybrid for a while for both commuting and adventure racing and am thinking of getting some TT bars as a cheap option to lower my profile for wind resistance on long straights and flatsb (particular pain with the head winds on the clontarf seafront)

325438_509819228613_255367444_o.jpg

Thoughts? Has anyone else tried this or am I just being nuts? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

nuts.

• Administrators Posts: 53,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

You'd have to contort your body into all sorts of painful positions to ride that on aerobars. I wouldn't bother. Flog it for a road bike.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Hey, its your bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Should be cheaper than a drop-bar conversion and might be manageable if you can drop your handlebars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 cyclodave

I think we're leaning towards the Nuts side of the argument so ;-) grand good to know

Am buying a road bike this month in any case for weekend spins, looks like the commute bike stays as is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

Get them, then tell us was it worth it, that's the only logical path to be taken here.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

If you get a cheap set it's worth trying. Wouldn't expect a huge improvement though.

Advertisement