Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW14 Captain Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭KizzyMonster

Can't afford Aguero this week.
    Going to captain Lukaku and hope Aguero doesn't come up :/

• Registered Users Posts: 36,010 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sanchez will smite the doubters to the full extent of his powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Sanchez or Aguero???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sanchez or Aguero???

Sanchez. Rumour is he is going to smite the doubters with the full extent of his powers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Can I just claim credit (both for myself and for 'regression to the mean') for being the first to go for Sanchez in the thread! :D

Unfortunately the differential value is well gone. Up till Tuesday it was just 3 of us!

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    Can I just claim credit (both for myself and for 'regression to the mean') for being the first to go for Sanchez in the thread! :D

Unfortunately the differential value is well gone. Up till Tuesday it was just 3 of us!

Figured a few more would jump on the wagon dam them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Me, you and busts??? That's a stellar crew right there, no surprise to see the masses following suit:P

Me, you and busts??? That's a stellar crew right there, no surprise to see the masses following suit:P

I was the second. If only he had blanked midweek we'd have him all to ourselves!

jimmii wrote: »
    I was the second. If only he had blanked midweek we'd have him all to ourselves!

Ahh, I never vote in the polls, I assumed FHFC meant the discussion on the thread.:o
    I had also plumped for Sanchez in writing before his Tuesday evening.

Ahh, I never vote in the polls, I assumed FHFC meant the discussion on the thread.:o

Yeh it was still just the two when I posted above during the game was expecting to already see a surge at that point! I guess a lot of people don't come to the thread until later in the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Yeh it was still just the two when I posted above during the game was expecting to already see a surge at that point! I guess a lot of people don't come to the thread until later in the week.

I was the 3rd . voted during the second half :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

And he wouldn't have gotten his explosion out of the way :)

Leaning towards Aguero.

Yeah i hadn't voted in the poll either.

Watch his magnificent 1 pointer now!! :)

Benimar wrote: »
    And he wouldn't have gotten his explosion out of the way :)

Leaning towards Aguero.

Or maybe just the beginning of a purple patch!

So its actually just all you guys adding your votes that has bumped it up! I wonder who actually was first!

km79 wrote: »

You bandwagoner you!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

even though I voted for him this hamstring business has me bothered HOWEVER a Sunday captain can be very very enjoyable like kane last weekend
    oh wait kane plays Sunday too......hhhmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I just can't not captain Lukaku when he's in decent form and playing a god awful Bournemouth team.

(Queue 1-0 Bournemouth win).

So its actually just all you guys adding your votes that has bumped it up! I wonder who actually was first!

Not sure how many votes if any were in poll when i posted in the thread. If he scores big I'll claim it. If not it was some other feckers fault.

Not sure how many votes if any were in poll when i posted in the thread. If he scores big I'll claim it. If not it was some other feckers fault.

We'll blame km79.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Feck it. Sanchez it is. He scores in spurts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I'm on sky sports ff so I am going with Aguero Saturday because I think he is due a blowout and Sanchez on Sunday for the same reason.
    Was tempted by Vardy but I think he might have come to the end of his spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

km79 wrote: »

I was 17th.

I'm under absolutely no illusions as to how lost I was in who to captain this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Sanchez, do the biz please!

TacT wrote: »
    Sanchez, do the biz please!

Hope his injury is nothing to worry about, looking forward to listening to the howls of those that swapped him for Ozil. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,633 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FortySeven wrote:
    I'm on sky sports ff so I am going with Aguero Saturday because I think he is due a blowout and Sanchez on Sunday for the same reason. Was tempted by Vardy but I think he might have come to the end of his spectacular.

Going Aguero Sat, Kane Sunday myself...
    ... but bricking it that Sanchez will go nuts

Going Aguero Sat, Kane Sunday myself...
    ... but bricking it that Sanchez will go nuts

This has definitely been the hardest week so far for me. So many variables. I don't really like my Aguero decision but I feel he may just explode after the CL. Defeat is fresh in the mind but they are awful with Kompany missing IMO. A real danger of them going a goal down early on and not recovering.

I'm pretty sure Vardy will score, it seems to be written but I was very tempted to captain Mahrez on the basis that Utd will concentrate their defence on the man with the record to beat and miss the ever present threat from Mahrez.

Can't believe how tense I am, football as never been so interesting since I started this FF craic. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

manual_man wrote: »
    Feck it. Sanchez it is. He scores in spurts

kenneth_williams2.jpg~c200

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

FortySeven wrote: »
    Hope his injury is nothing to worry about, looking forward to listening to the howls of those that swapped him for Ozil. ;)

They're all gone ozil crazy. Sanchez explosion overdue!

• Advertisement

FortySeven wrote: »
    This has definitely been the hardest week so far for me. So many variables. I don't really like my Aguero decision but I feel he may just explode after the CL. Defeat is fresh in the mind but they are awful with Kompany missing IMO. A real danger of them going a goal down early on and not recovering.

I'm pretty sure Vardy will score, it seems to be written but I was very tempted to captain Mahrez on the basis that Utd will concentrate their defence on the man with the record to beat and miss the ever present threat from Mahrez.

Can't believe how tense I am, football as never been so interesting since I started this FF craic. :)

That's really overthinking it:P
    Is it your first season? Can you name the regular back 4s from the entire league yet?? You love it now and you think you are enjoying football but that enjoyment is a thing of the past:o
    Welcome to the club (and the forum)

Advertisement