Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 14 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Pelle out, but do I bring in Aguero or Kane, that is the question.

Vardy and Lukaku up top along side.
    Can you bring Agüero as a direct swap?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Sanchez and BUIB out,Kun and Alli in,i know hes red carded but i"ll probably keep him fo the season @5m u cant get much better

• Registered Users Posts: 16,632 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Payet to Coutinho done. Philippe seems to be replicating his form from when he first arrived in England.

Thought about Ozil but I'll hold off for now. Will also be giving Aguero another week unbelievably but I can't bring myself to drop one of Lukaku, Kane or Vardy when all three are bang on form.

Looking at him when he came off he was effing and blinding, looked alot more than cramp IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Aguero, Kane and King in, Pelle Vardy and Mane out for -4. I may sell Ayew yet and get Barkley or Coutinho but I'll wait on that one for now.

I could do it in two moves but I'm happy with Aguero Lukaku Vardy. Kane is my ultimate FPL nemesis so I won't be bringing him in until I have to

Tbh I'd trust Vardy more than Lukaku long term but it's easier to go back than forward for players plus I have an awful habit of spending all my cash .

Kane is a player I like alot and with Spurs being out of Europe I can see hom staying for quite a while in my team.

Lukaku back to Vardy
    KDB to Sanchez ( if I need to)

Both can be done easily once I sell Sako for Simpson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Kolorov OUT
    Alderweikd IN

Or

Downgrade KDB to bring in Augero

Taughts..?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »
    Looking at him when he came off he was effing and blinding, looked alot more than cramp IMO.

he tweaked his hamstring no doubt about it
    a slight tweak I'd say though .....

Aguero currently at 13% ownership, really need him to hit a brace before he hits big % ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

iroced wrote: »
    Can you bring Agüero as a direct swap?

Yep I'm rich!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

who is BUIB?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

bangkok wrote: »
    who is BUIB?

Pelle.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Pelle.

why Buib??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

why Buib??

because he is now without a doubt a Big Useless Italian B.........
    NEVER AGAIN

km79 wrote: »
    because he is now without a doubt a Big Useless Italian B.........
    NEVER AGAIN

:)

i had him captain at the weekend as well. 2 points total!!!

who is BUIB?
    Someone who should change his name. He doesn't deserve it, particularly as a (fantasy) footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Did pelle to Aguero Saturday.

Have 0.5 million left and contemplating anything up to a -12 for the week

Rikand wrote: »
    Did pelle to Aguero Saturday.

Have 0.5 million left and contemplating anything up to a -12 for the week
    I envy you sooo much! I need an 8 pts hit minimum to make the same move!
    And I still don't know which ones to make. I may completely forget about team value and play 2 chip mids + Wanyama after all or...

Pellè to Agüero leaves me with -£3.5m in the bank.

Smalling to Ryan Bennett frees £2.7m!
    My other defs are Bellerin Kolarov Bertrand Souaré. United play Leicester away next after CL football so I may back the Foxes again and free myself from this embarrassingly expensive defense. I'll try make a plan for accomodating DDG in later.

This option leaves me with £7.1m to replace Payet. Ayew? Tough fixtures coming. Wijnaldum? Newcastle... Tadic? Isn't he a bit BUIB-like? I feel my choice is between the Everton lads (Barkley or Deulofeu), this Lanzini guy or Alli (but the timing is crap).

If I get Deulofeu, it leaves me £0.8m ITB. Which will allow the Myhill to DDG upgrade assuming I "downgrade" KDB for any other City mid or Ozil.

Here's my full team.
    Myhill Hennessey
    Smalling Bellerin Kolarov Bertrand Souaré
    Sanchez KDB Mahrez Payet Wanyama
    Kane Vardy Pellè

What do you guys think? Isn't it one of the "best" way to kill 2 birds with 1 single stone? Getting Agüero back before it makes things more complicated cash-wise and sorting out my over-expensive premium defense ? In addition, I keep both Sanchez & KDB who I still believe have an explosive FPL potential and it gives me back a bit of flexibility.

Now, of course, the huge con is CL football is to come. But with Pellè dropping tonight and Agüero's rising before his game in Torino (and maybe even Payet dropping in the meantime) I'd lose the flexibility this triple move would give me back.

Anyone still up and willing to help a poor soul before the price change guillotine cut it off :p ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

And I still don't know which ones to make. I may completely forget about team value and play 2 chip mids + Wanyama after all or...

My other defs are Bellerin Kolarov Bertrand Souaré. United play Leicester away next after CL football so I may back the Foxes again and free myself from this embarrassingly expensive defense. I'll try make a plan for accomodating DDG in later.

This option leaves me with £7.1m to replace Payet. Ayew? Tough fixtures coming. Wijnaldum? Newcastle... Tadic? Isn't he a bit BUIB-like? I feel my choice is between the Everton lads (Barkley or Deulofeu), this Lanzini guy or Alli (but the timing is crap).

If I get Deulofeu, it leaves me £0.8m ITB. Which will allow the Myhill to DDG upgrade assuming I "downgrade" KDB for any other City mid or Ozil.

Here's my full team.
    Myhill Hennessey
    Kane Vardy Pellè

What do you guys think? Isn't it one of the "best" way to kill 2 birds with 1 single stone? Getting Agüero back before it makes things more complicated cash-wise and sorting out my over-expensive premium defense ? In addition, I keep both Sanchez & KDB who I still believe have an explosive FPL potential and it gives me back a bit of flexibility.

Now, of course, the huge con is CL football is to come. But with Pellè dropping tonight and Agüero's rising before his game in Torino (and maybe even Payet dropping in the meantime) I'd lose the flexibility this triple move would give me back.

I was in a similar position last night. Realistically pelle and payet have to go, and aguero has to come in. I went with Barkley for the price rises, but they are all good options

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    I was in a similar position last night. Realistically pelle and payet have to go, and aguero has to come in. I went with Barkley for the price rises, but they are all good options
    Cheers.

But the guillotine got me first ... -_-'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Cheers.

It'll look like the right decision when aguero is limping off against juve

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Stuck on whether i should get rid of Sanchez or not...also Bertrand for Alderwireld maybe???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Cheers.

I'm a bit late seeing your post too iroced. One or two things that might help you make decisions over the rest of the week:

1. If you plan on bringing in Aguero, KdB is the one I'd downgrade. He's expensive, and with Kun in your team you'll likely never captain him.
    2. Liverpool looked impressive at the weekend. Coutinho has been on my radar for several weeks, so I eventually brought him in last week. If his injury is not serious he could be a good option. Pools fixtures are taking a turn for the better now too. Firminio impressed also, Could be a good cheaper alternative.
    3. With Coquelin rumoured to be out for a while now, how good is the Arsenal defence going to be? I think he'll be a big loss.

If it makes you feel any better, know that I pressed the nuclear button on my team tonight. :o:pac:
    I did:
    Vardy -> Kane
    KdB -> Ozil
    Cawson -> Wolly
    Pelle:mad: -> Aguero

A hugely risky move considering they all may get injured during the week. Still, I've lost ~80k places over the last 3 weeks and felt I needed to arrest that decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Stuck on whether i should get rid of Sanchez or not...also Bertrand for Alderwireld maybe???

Arsenal have some really nice fixtures coming up. Sanchez is playing well. His FPL returns aren't matching his form IRL at the moment, but you just feel he is due an explosive return soon.

A few things to keep in mind about you other transfer:
    1. Southampton's fixtures are getting tougher, clean sheets may be at a premium.
    2. Spurs can't keep clean sheets lately.
    3. Would a Chelsea defender appeal to you. It looks like they may be turning a corner. Early days yet but they have a good run coming I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Arsenal have some really nice fixtures coming up. Sanchez is playing well. His FPL returns aren't matching his form IRL at the moment, but you just feel he is due an explosive return soon.

A few things to keep in mind about you other transfer:
    1. Southampton's fixtures are getting tougher, clean sheets may be at a premium.
    2. Spurs can't keep clean sheets lately.
    3. Would a Chelsea defender appeal to you. It looks like they may be turning a corner. Early days yet but they have a good run coming I think.

Yup, that's why I've been thinking of getting rid of Bertrand..and assists don't seem likely with Pelle doing sweet **** all. Haven't even given any Chelsea players a thought given their ****e run of form. How about Everton? They've also got nice fixtures as well as Spurs.

My current back line is:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Bertrand/Bellerin/Moreno/Soaure/Simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Would this be madness for a -8 point hit, (It would be my first hit of the season)

KDB, Vardy & Pelle -> Coutinho, Kane & Aguero.

5 gwks ago I was 17k, 5 red arrows later and things have become bleak. My side needs freshening up.

I'm a bit late seeing your post too iroced. One or two things that might help you make decisions over the rest of the week:

1. If you plan on bringing in Aguero, KdB is the one I'd downgrade. He's expensive, and with Kun in your team you'll likely never captain him.
    2. Liverpool looked impressive at the weekend. Coutinho has been on my radar for several weeks, so I eventually brought him in last week. If his injury is not serious he could be a good option. Pools fixtures are taking a turn for the better now too. Firminio impressed also, Could be a good cheaper alternative.
    3. With Coquelin rumoured to be out for a while now, how good is the Arsenal defence going to be? I think he'll be a big loss.

If it makes you feel any better, know that I pressed the nuclear button on my team tonight. :o:pac:
    I did:
    Vardy -> Kane
    KdB -> Ozil
    Cawson -> Wolly
    Pelle:mad: -> Aguero

A hugely risky move considering they all may get injured during the week. Still, I've lost ~80k places over the last 3 weeks and felt I needed to arrest that decline.

Thanks for the great advice ;).

1. Yeah I know but with Payet & Pellè I felt I had more pressing concerns and I could give KDB 1 or 2 extra weeks. His returns were better when Agüero & Silva were playing alongside him.

2. I agree. I was all set on getting Coutinho but then it was posted his injury may be more serious. And if he is out, will Liverpool be as good attacking-wise? He seems to be pretty central to their game lately and Klopp fancies him.

3. Yeah again but their immediate fixtures are fairly good and he's not freeing up enough funds for my moves. I may get Moreno for him though. I heard he was great yesterday, though he's not yet translating his good perfs into FPL pts.

About your moves, the only one I'm not comfortable with is Vardy -> Kane. But I totally get why you made the move. I presume you're onto Aguero Kane Lukaku upfront? So Vardy can be eased back in, if needed, quite easily.

As for me, hopefully Agüero doesn't rise before Wednesday such that the missed price change deadline was at least not a complete waste.

Alanhooly wrote: »
    Would this be madness for a -8 point hit, (It would be my first hit of the season)

KDB, Vardy & Pelle -> Coutinho, Kane & Aguero.

5 gwks ago I was 17k, 5 red arrows later and things have become bleak. My side needs freshening up.
    Not far from greedygoblin moves, which, if noone gets injured, look pretty good on paper.

Wait for news about Coutinho's injury though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Here's my full team.
    Myhill Hennessey
    Kane Vardy Pellè

We tend to be fairly similar in playing style. I haven't had a bad few weeks though because, after bringing Pelle in, I quickly admitted my mistake and dumped him. I also went for De Gea as my United defensive coverage.,

I went Payet to Coutinho this GW. Despite being Aguero's biggest fan on here I'd say, I am holding off on him for now. Could be a huge mistake and the game next week will be tough to watch but I can't justify dropping any of my three performing strikers. City play away midweek and Southampton won't be easy, partucularly coming off a loss in a game they would have expected to win.

You have four expensive defenders. I'd be getting rid of at least one if not two. Kolarov would be one for me. There's great value to be had in Woolscheid from Stoke or Danny Simpson for example.

It's easy for me to say it I'd probably go -12.

Kol to Wolly
    Smalling to Simpson or cheap defender(you could bring in De Gea later then)
    Payet to Ozil or Coutinho if fit
    Pelle to Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Current team is:

Ddg/butland
    Cathcart/Dawson/Dier/galloway/soare
    Sanchez/ozil/kdb/delofeu/mahrez
    Vardy/lukaku/kane
    .1m ITB

Thinking of shipping dawson for zouma and Sanchez for firmino. Then upgrading Galloway to Coleman the following week as Baines will probably be back then.
    Though Sanchez has decent fixtures coming up...

Has anyone any thoughts?
    Realise my back line is weak, happy enough with the gks and fwds, so looking to downgrade the mids.

Advertisement