Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards FF Pay League 2015-16

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I signed up thinking there would be monthly prizes? Least the if your out of the running too win and and in the bottom 10 towards the end you'll still have a chance of something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Last season we had this:
    Top monthly scorer - €40 (x9)
    Highest gameweek score of season - €50

Winner - €600
    Second - €350
    Third - €220
    Fourth - €130
    Fifth - €70

I'd vote in favour of keeping monthly prizes but reducing them and the highest GW score down to €20 buy in back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

I don't see my name on your list Lemlin but I definitely put the right reference...I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

:eek::eek: Do you mean evenly??
    We will need to decide on this I suppose, I don't think it's been decided yet.
    My preference would be for no monthly prizes and a very large chunk for the winner.

In the interest of fairness i think monthly prizes are needed to keep peoples interest as many will be out of the running post christmas.

I would suggest 2% of pot for each month = 20% (2 x 10). Alternative scrap May prize due to only 2 game weeks and give this 2% to highest GW score

For remainder i would suggest:

1st - 40%
    2nd - 16%
    3rd - 12%
    4th - 8%
    5th - 4%

Alternatively, knock the monthly prizes to €20 buy in and add the difference to the 1st prize.

I think these percentages seem closely in line with previous years but with a little more weighting to 1st prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That sounds like a good position must try it ☺
    Post of the summer so far

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

zarquon wrote: »
    In the interest of fairness i think monthly prizes are needed to keep peoples interest as many will be out of the running post christmas.

I would suggest 2% of pot for each month = 20% (2 x 10)

For remainder i would suggest:

1st - 40%
    2nd - 16%
    3rd - 12%
    4th - 8%
    5th - 4%

Alternatively, knock the monthly prizes to €20 buy in and add the difference to the 1st prize.

Looks like there'll be close to 100 entries so 2% would be €40 which is a fine monthly prize.

Otherwise I reckon 40% might be a bit top heavy; I'd be more inclined to go with
    1st: 30%
    2nd: 20%
    3rd: 15%
    4th: 10%
    5th: 5%

Based on 100 entries (€2000) that would mean:
    Monthly winners €40 x 10 = €400
    1st: €600
    2nd: €400
    3rd: €250
    4th: €100
    5th: €50

It might be better to decide this after all the entries are in....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

menoscemo wrote: »
    Looks like there'll be close to 100 entries so 2% would be €40 which is a fine monthly prize.

Otherwise I reckon 40% might be a bit top heavy; I'd be more inclined to go with
    1st: 30%
    2nd: 20%
    3rd: 15%
    4th: 10%
    5th: 5%

Based on 100 entries (€2000) that would mean:
    Monthly winners €40 x 10 = €400
    1st: €600
    2nd: €400
    3rd: €250
    4th: €100
    5th: €50

It might be better to decide this after all the entries are in....

Been away all evening. Have a host of pms about the league so will reply at nine in the morning when I'm in work.

Re the prize money, I think we should decide when the exact pot is known. Then we'll have a final figure to work off.

For example, a 2k total still looks a bit unrealistic. As of today, we were only at 1.2k prize money so €800 off 2k.
    not sure.. As Lemlin is doing all the organising and admin work, he should have the most say, but it would need to be decided by sat morning.. Maybe if Lemlin put forward a suggestion or 2 and we could see if everyone is happy enough.. I'd be happy with Top 5 and maybe 1 or 2 novelty prizes like best score on st Stephens day, most players red carded in a game week or similar for the Craic..

The forum is generally good at working things out so we'll decide amongst ourselves. I certainly wouldn't agree that my opinion should be more important than anyone else's.

I don't see the rush to decide by Saturday morning. I do think monthly prizes are needed for those that are, say, out of the loop after a couple of months. Keep their interest. Poor Swiper will be fecked otherwise!

Lemlin wrote: »
    Been away all evening. Have a host of pms about the league so will reply at nine in the morning when I'm in work.

Re the prize money, I think we should decide when the exact pot is known. Then we'll have a final figure to work off.

For example, a 2k total still looks a bit unrealistic. As of today, we were only at 1.2k prize money so €800 off 2k.

The forum is generally good at working things out so we'll decide amongst ourselves. I certainly wouldn't agree that my opinion should be more important than anyone else's.

I don't see the rush to decide by Saturday morning. I do think monthly prizes are needed for those that are, say, out of the loop after a couple of months. Keep their interest. Poor Swiper will be fecked otherwise!
    I'd factor in for your own peace of mind not to have too many prizes. Imagine if we did MOTM (which I would otherwise like), you having to send payments out to people every month, plus all the winners at the end. Hassle. Good prize for the winner, 2nd, and then lower ones for 3rd and 4th imo plus a prize for best individual Gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Swiper's more of a one GW wonder than a whole month anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

CSF wrote: »
    I'd factor in for your own peace of mind not to have too many prizes. Imagine if we did MOTM (which I would otherwise like), you having to send payments out to people every month, plus all the winners at the end. Hassle. Good prize for the winner, 2nd, and then lower ones for 3rd and 4th imo plus a prize for best individual Gameweek.

A quarterly prize could be a good compromise. Would keep folk that are realisically out of the running for the overall prize interested, but would also reduce the number of prizes for Lemlin.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »

One online payment a month isn't a lot of hassle in fairness. I'm with AIB and their online banking is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

That's all fine with me.. Wait till total pot is confirmed so and have the conversation then..

One online payment a month isn't a lot of hassle in fairness. I'm with AIB and their online banking is very good.

If you're fine with it then, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Swiper's more of a one GW wonder than a whole month anyway ;)

Who are ye guys anyway??? I was so focussed on the fellas who were up at my level last year that I had no time to keep track of all the also-rans:pac: recall that this Ziegler character was punching above his weight for a while but the cream as I am fond of saying rose to the top. Lemlin is like the Bertie Ahern of the forum, it's that long ago he was a big hitter.:P

Bring it on fellas, good to have it back despite the 9 months of misery it brings.

Seriously though, why are people entering the competition to win a monthly prize, it's just making the top prizes less attractive, surely everybody thinks they have a chance of winning it at this stage. That's my feeling but obviously I aint winning this argument:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Another vote here for a monthly prize of sorts. Gives the lesser lights (like me) something to play for post-Christmas.

Things are speeding up now. Ten payments in overnight so another €200 in the prize pot. We're up to 70 paid entrants and €1400 in total. Maybe we will hit that €2000 figure that was mentioned. Keep the entries coming folks.

Confirmed paid entrants are:

1. Boots234
    2. Stephenl15
    3. Alchemist33
    4. FinnHarpsBoy
    5. TaytoCrisps
    6. BikeRacer
    7. OneColdHand
    8. Spock
    9. Hackers
    10. FHFC
    11. CSF
    12. Jimmii
    13. Ziegler1988
    14. KevIRL
    15. Maximo31
    16. The incredible pudding
    17. Cdev
    18. Markx
    19. internet_user
    20. Dearg81
    21. Menoscemo
    22. Mrwillbeback
    23. Remoteboy
    24. Lassykk
    25. Hardbreaks
    26. Zarquon
    27. beeduybe
    28. McMac84
    29. FrClintPower
    30. Wamble
    31. Mike Ehrmantraut
    32. Wardie101
    33. Crumbs
    34. Dice75
    35. Swiper the Fox
    36. Joeyjoejoe43
    37. Tossy
    38. Trimm Trabb
    39. Patmac
    40. Chesty08
    41. Arnold Layne
    42. Username_here
    43. Scorpion Sting
    44. Furryhead
    45. Boba_Fett3099
    46. Necronomican
    47. Bazwin
    48. grohlisagod
    49. skyfall256
    50. Dublinhead
    51. Greedygoblin
    52. Seklly
    53. Stiffler123
    54. Mcgettigan16
    55. itsnotmyfault
    56. Jaws2
    57. Cluray
    58. Dahat
    59. Boofsteino
    60. AKDK
    61. Park1ife
    62. Easy Rod
    63. Nib
    64. Timbel
    65. silversun_pickup
    66. handofdog
    67. Hairy_Nipples_87
    68. Fizman
    69. Headerman
    70. Someone transferred and just put Boards FPL in the transfer. Please pm me if its you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Who are ye guys anyway??? I was so focussed on the fellas who were up at my level last year that I had no time to keep track of all the also-rans:pac: recall that this Ziegler character was punching above his weight for a while but the cream as I am fond of saying rose to the top. Lemlin is like the Bertie Ahern of the forum, it's that long ago he was a big hitter.:P

Bring it on fellas, good to have it back despite the 9 months of misery it brings.

Seriously though, why are people entering the competition to win a monthly prize, it's just making the top prizes less attractive, surely everybody thinks they have a chance of winning it at this stage. That's my feeling but obviously I aint winning this argument:pac:

Having won a monthly in this last year and three in total in other leagues to a value of €140 I'd be in favour of them. €30 to €40 seems about right to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

A quarterly prize could be a good compromise. Would keep folk that are realisically out of the running for the overall prize interested, but would also reduce the number of prizes for Lemlin.

This would simplify things because if I recall correctly there's a quarterly score filter on the site so that could be used without controversy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Markx wrote: »
    This would simplify things because if I recall correctly there's a quarterly score filter on the site so that could be used without controversy.

Exactly.

There's a monthly one too I think. Not arguing your point, just saying.

• Advertisement

My own opinion is that monthly is fair and I don't think it dents the prize fund much tbh.

We might put it to a vote if needed but I do think monthly keeps even those near the bottom of the league somewhat interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I'd prefer no monthly but in the interest of fairness it's definitely needed to keep peoples interest that are out of overall running.

Another important note is that several would have joined with the expectation of monthly prizes based on previous years (especially having won some in the past) so it would be unfair to move the goalposts now that they have paid for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

zarquon wrote: »
    I'd prefer no monthly but in the interest of fairness it's definitely needed to keep peoples interest that are out of overall running.

Another important note is that several would have joined with the expectation of monthly prizes based on previous years (especially having won some in the past) so it would be unfair to move the goalposts now that they have paid for it

Me me me!! Ha ha I firmly expect too prop up the table!

Two more fully paid entrants throughout the day so now at 72 paid and prize fund of €1440:

1. Boots234
    2. Stephenl15
    3. Alchemist33
    4. FinnHarpsBoy
    5. TaytoCrisps
    6. BikeRacer
    7. OneColdHand
    8. Spock
    9. Hackers
    10. FHFC
    11. CSF
    12. Jimmii
    13. Ziegler1988
    14. KevIRL
    15. Maximo31
    17. Cdev
    18. Markx
    19. internet_user
    20. Dearg81
    21. Menoscemo
    22. Mrwillbeback
    23. Remoteboy
    24. Lassykk
    25. Hardbreaks
    26. Zarquon
    27. beeduybe
    28. McMac84
    29. FrClintPower
    30. Wamble
    31. Mike Ehrmantraut
    32. Wardie101
    33. Crumbs
    34. Dice75
    35. Swiper the Fox
    36. Joeyjoejoe43
    37. Tossy
    38. Trimm Trabb
    39. Patmac
    40. Chesty08
    41. Arnold Layne
    42. Username_here
    43. Scorpion Sting
    44. Furryhead
    45. Boba_Fett3099
    46. Necronomican
    47. Bazwin
    48. grohlisagod
    49. skyfall256
    50. Dublinhead
    51. Greedygoblin
    52. Seklly
    53. Stiffler123
    54. Mcgettigan16
    55. itsnotmyfault
    56. Jaws2
    57. Cluray
    58. Dahat
    59. Boofsteino
    60. AKDK
    61. Park1ife
    62. Easy Rod
    63. Nib
    64. Timbel
    65. silversun_pickup
    66. handofdog
    67. Hairy_Nipples_87
    68. Fizman
    69. Headerman
    70. Someone transferred and just put Boards FPL in the transfer. Please pm me if its you
    71. Hype710
    72. Earthhorse

73 now paid. If you pm over the next few hours, I am at a function so don't panic. I will come back to people.

1. Boots234
    2. Stephenl15
    3. Alchemist33
    4. FinnHarpsBoy
    5. TaytoCrisps
    6. BikeRacer
    7. OneColdHand
    8. Spock
    9. Hackers
    10. FHFC
    11. CSF
    12. Jimmii
    13. Ziegler1988
    14. KevIRL
    15. Maximo31
    17. Cdev
    18. Markx
    19. internet_user
    20. Dearg81
    21. Menoscemo
    22. Mrwillbeback
    23. Remoteboy
    24. Lassykk
    25. Hardbreaks
    26. Zarquon
    27. beeduybe
    28. McMac84
    29. FrClintPower
    30. Wamble
    31. Mike Ehrmantraut
    32. Wardie101
    33. Crumbs
    34. Dice75
    35. Swiper the Fox
    36. Joeyjoejoe43
    37. Tossy
    38. Trimm Trabb
    39. Patmac
    40. Chesty08
    41. Arnold Layne
    42. Username_here
    43. Scorpion Sting
    44. Furryhead
    45. Boba_Fett3099
    46. Necronomican
    47. Bazwin
    48. grohlisagod
    49. skyfall256
    50. Dublinhead
    51. Greedygoblin
    52. Seklly
    53. Stiffler123
    54. Mcgettigan16
    55. itsnotmyfault
    56. Jaws2
    57. Cluray
    58. Dahat
    59. Boofsteino
    60. AKDK
    61. Park1ife
    62. Easy Rod
    63. Nib
    64. Timbel
    65. silversun_pickup
    66. handofdog
    67. Hairy_Nipples_87
    68. Fizman
    69. Headerman
    70. Someone transferred and just put Boards FPL in the transfer. Please pm me if its you
    71. Hype710
    72. Earthhorse
    73. james123

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Does it have to be done before tomorrow? I'll have to tear the house apart looking for that stupid aib card reader to send the money over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

I'll send on the funds on Monday... I'm away atm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

73 now paid. If you pm over the next few hours, I am at a function so don't panic. I will come back to people.

1. Boots234
    2. Stephenl15
    3. Alchemist33
    4. FinnHarpsBoy
    5. TaytoCrisps
    6. BikeRacer
    7. OneColdHand
    8. Spock
    9. Hackers
    10. FHFC
    11. CSF
    12. Jimmii
    13. Ziegler1988
    14. KevIRL
    15. Maximo31
    17. Cdev
    18. Markx
    19. internet_user
    20. Dearg81
    21. Menoscemo
    22. Mrwillbeback
    23. Remoteboy
    24. Lassykk
    25. Hardbreaks
    26. Zarquon
    27. beeduybe
    28. McMac84
    29. FrClintPower
    30. Wamble
    31. Mike Ehrmantraut
    32. Wardie101
    33. Crumbs
    34. Dice75
    35. Swiper the Fox
    36. Joeyjoejoe43
    37. Tossy
    38. Trimm Trabb
    39. Patmac
    40. Chesty08
    41. Arnold Layne
    42. Username_here
    43. Scorpion Sting
    44. Furryhead
    45. Boba_Fett3099
    46. Necronomican
    47. Bazwin
    48. grohlisagod
    49. skyfall256
    50. Dublinhead
    51. Greedygoblin
    52. Seklly
    53. Stiffler123
    54. Mcgettigan16
    55. itsnotmyfault
    56. Jaws2
    57. Cluray
    58. Dahat
    59. Boofsteino
    60. AKDK
    61. Park1ife
    62. Easy Rod
    63. Nib
    64. Timbel
    65. silversun_pickup
    66. handofdog
    67. Hairy_Nipples_87
    68. Fizman
    69. Headerman
    71. Hype710
    72. Earthhorse
    73. james123

I'd take that as the final league standing :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'd take that as the final league standing :pac::pac:

That number 4 beside my name means places from the bottom for my finishing position :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Payment made. All the best gents.

Advertisement