Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Sports fantasy football

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

JokerD wrote: »
    I had Rooney locked in as captain last night from the previous game v Stoke. When I heard he was out last night, I transferred in Bony who automatically became captain. I thought this would still allow a captain change but I logged in there and can't change it.

Did you change capt for either sat or sun as sky sports are classing the weekends games and the midweek games as 1 gw so only 1 captain change allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Did you change capt for either sat or sun as sky sports are classing the weekends games and the midweek games as 1 gw so only 1 captain change allowed

No had Rooney Saturday v Hull. Made no change Sunday which meant Rooney was captain going into last night. I transferred him out for Bony last night which I thought meant I still had a captain change as I was transferring out a captain. I was obviously wrong.

No had Rooney Saturday v Hull. Made no change Sunday which meant Rooney was captain going into last night. I transferred him out for Bony last night which I thought meant I still had a captain change as I was transferring out a captain. I was obviously wrong.

TBH I'm not 100% on the rules and if that classes as a capt change.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

you could only change captain again if you had Rooney captain v Arsenal (previous gameweek) and he carried over as captain to Hull. The weekends games gone and these midweek ones are all part of one gameweek

Team 'Suarez Bit My Arm' closing in fast on my lead, tho i'm still confident i can win with my 2 remaining transfers :)

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »
    Team 'Suarez Bit My Arm' closing in fast on my lead, tho i'm still confident i can win with my 2 remaining transfers :)

Ha ha 2 left I've 18.

Ha ha 2 left I've 18.

is that you?? lmao my first time trying this sky one, playing 3 other fpl games as is so thought i'd have fun try build up a bit of a lead in this one, thought ye might cave in when far behind :pac::pac::D

is that you?? lmao my first time trying this sky one, playing 3 other fpl games as is so thought i'd have fun try build up a bit of a lead in this one, thought ye might cave in when far behind :pac::pac::D

No I'm 4th I think. Not paying a huge amount of attention to it hence I've 18 transfers left.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yeah that's me. :) Have 20 left myself. ;)

jebforever wrote: »
    Yeah that's me. :) Have 20 left myself. ;)

Won't be enough

• Advertisement

Won't be enough

Haha we'll see. You've got a great midfield and if you can nail your last 2 transfers you could hold on but I wouldn't be so sure of it!

Haha we'll see. You've got a great midfield and if you can nail your last 2 transfers you could hold on but I wouldn't be so sure of it!

Haha sure you know one of them anyway when he gets back from injury :D

The enabler transfer to be able to afford him could be a masterstroke :cool:

Haha sure you know one of them anyway when he gets back from injury :D

The enabler transfer to be able to afford him could be a masterstroke :cool:

Ooh thanks for letting me know! You'll need Fabregas to have a stormer against Stoke to get that comfortable lead.

Ooh thanks for letting me know! You'll need Fabregas to have a stormer against Stoke to get that comfortable lead.

Him or Hazard, I suppose whichever one I have captained probably :cool:

Him or Hazard, I suppose whichever one I have captained probably :cool:

You have it on Haz, can you change it? I have it on the Belgian as well.

You have it on Haz, can you change it? I have it on the Belgian as well.

Had it on Baines carried over from last week :o on Haz now so won't be able to change again til next gameweek rolls around (2games time I think)

Had it on Baines carried over from last week :o on Haz now so won't be able to change again til next gameweek rolls around (2games time I think)

Oh never spotted that it was 2 gameweeks in 1. So if I was to make 2 transfers now they wouldn't score points until the matches on Dec 28th and 29th?

Oh never spotted that it was 2 gameweeks in 1. So if I was to make 2 transfers now they wouldn't score points until the matches on Dec 28th and 29th?

No u can make transfers mid gameweek (I think) and get points from players with game(s) left to play, you could even have more than 2 captains in a gameweek if transferring out your captain after he has played for another player yet to play (captaincy automatically passes over)

No u can make transfers mid gameweek (I think) and get points from players with game(s) left to play, you could even have more than 2 captains in a gameweek if transferring out your captain after he has played for another player yet to play (captaincy automatically passes over)

Cheers. Yeah I knew about the 3 captains, haven't tried it yet though.

Well you got your Fabregas masterclass manual_man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just as a matter of interest, how many points has each of your teams got?

I know I'm too late to enter the boards private league but I'd love to know how I compare.

Actually, what's the name of the mini league and I can prob look it up myself.

I've 912 points with about 15 or 16 to come once last night's points are confirmed and I've 22 transfers left.

I'm on 942 points, 3.7k in the world and have 20 transfers left. The name of the Boards mini-league is Boardsie FSA. There's only 8 of us in it.

933 I have it after last Mondays nights scores.

Think I'm around 5.5k in the world.

trying to keep the transfer to approx 1 a week but it's difficult... things were simpler a few weeks ago when everyone had Augero and Costa, now I'm 2nd guessing every front 3 combination possible.

Yeah it's so tempting to just make a huge raft of changes at once but it wouldn't be practical with this game. That said I'll probably use 2 transfers before the Dec 28th fixtures to bring in Hutton and Silva leaving me with 18 transfers for the last 4 and a half months.

Erm, thought I could change my captain this morning but seemingly I can't. I had Yaya as captain last week but didn't realise this Gameweek is included in the last one.

However I know another team had Costa as captain when they played Hull on the 13th, then had Yaya on the 20th and are permitted a change today.

I'm a little confused.

Erm, thought I could change my captain this morning but seemingly I can't. I had Yaya as captain last week but didn't realise this Gameweek is included in the last one.

However I know another team had Costa as captain when they played Hull on the 13th, then had Yaya on the 20th and are permitted a change today.

I'm a little confused.

With regard to your situation, did you change from a different captain before the gameweek started? This would use up your 1 captaincy switch afaik.

The other team mustn't have made any captain change between GW15 and 16 so Costa was the default switchover captain for GW16. The 13th was GW16 so they switched to Yaya for GW17 on the 20th. By my reckoning I think that would equate to them being allowed to switch from Yaya as the rules state you are allowed 1 captaincy change per gameweek.

I hope this clears up the confusion!

They mustn't have made any captain change between GW15 and 16 so Costa was the default switchover captain for GW16. The 13th was GW16 so they switched to Yaya for GW17 on the 20th. By my reckoning I think that would equate to them being allowed to switch from Yaya as the rules state you are allowed 1 captaincy change per gameweek.

I hope this clears up the confusion!

I was thinking something along these lines but wasn't sure. Ah sure at least that's my decision made for me now.

I think I've confused myself by explaining it sorry!

• Advertisement

I lost 3 or 4 clean sheets in the space of 5 mins at 4.30pm today. Bummer.

Advertisement