Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Leather Car seat covers

• 02-03-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

I've just ordered my new car (i40) and I'm wondering if I its possible to get decent fitted leather(/ette) car seat covers in Ireland. I've seen fairly well fitted and what look to be decent quality covers on taxi's, but have no idea where to get my hands on them. Any ideas folks?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

they are never right...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭john reilly

dont think they ever look right. but you could try argos

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Any sort of seat covers don't look right, especially leather look ones.

Op how about a proper leather retrim?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

they are a good vommit barrier for the taxi drivers all the same........that at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

Yeah. meant to say... babies and young children in the back for many miles. covers are a must. I suppose I could just get some classics... as much as I dislike them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Macaonbhuit

Neilw wrote: »
    Any sort of seat covers don't look right, especially leather look ones.

Op how about a proper leather retrim?
    Barely have enough to pay for the new car :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

Best of luck with it, they look well.
    I'd say your cheapest option is a regular seat cover on the back only until they're old enough to be warned not to eat in the car!! :)
    I've no idea where fits the ones you mentioned though, I had a link before to some place in Cork, but don't have it anymore!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Best of luck with it, they look well.
    I'd say your cheapest option is a regular seat cover on the back only until they're old enough to be warned not to eat in the car!! :)
    I've no idea where fits the ones you mentioned though, I had a link before to some place in Cork, but don't have it anymore!

Halfords deluxe type aren't bad. Wait til they on sale though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 dunnariogh

I've just ordered my new car (i40) and I'm wondering if I its possible to get decent fitted leather(/ette) car seat covers in Ireland. I've seen fairly well fitted and what look to be decent quality covers on taxi's, but have no idea where to get my hands on them. Any ideas folks?

I know some taxi men who got them done in a place on usher's quay,cant remember the name,but its a small stretch of road,they said they were good quality and well fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

dunnariogh wrote: »

I know some taxi men who got them done in a place on usher's quay,cant remember the name,but its a small stretch of road,they said they were good quality and well fitted.

If memory serves that place is beside scooter island.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

dunnariogh wrote: »

I know somebody who got his (then) brand new Primera (taxi) seats covered by this crowd. I've no idea if they're still in business, but well worth checking to find out.

It was 8 or 9 years ago. They were excellent quality - much more like factory fitted seats than DIY seat covers (i.e. the Halfords/Argos style covers).

He paid €400 for them at the time. They were good quality leather & fitted like a glove (with the added advantage that they can be unzipped & removed). He sold the car earlier this year & the leather was still like new.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 avanakeks

I got the seats for the 320 BMW 2.0 Diesel
    340 euro.
    Thinking to do them myself actually..
    Want to make first for the Ford Galaxy 2002 front seats
    Who knows how it goes after...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 avanakeks

I read this forum fairly often, but this is my first comment))

Advertisement