Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I can haz general discussion?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Where is he? :(

Only an hour late! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Only an hour late! :cool:

*Grabs the leash* Let's GO!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Where's the Rye Hall exam hall ??

In Rye hall!

Hehe

In the building beside the Rye Hall PACR, where the Rye Hall Apartments are, behind JH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Can someone please tell me if your first year results count towards your final degree in an arts degree? Most people say they don't, only second and third year. Can an older, wiser student please specify for me. Thanks.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

In arts your 3rd year result determines your final degree.

Some jobs might want to see all of your results though and generally you would include them on your cv. So its worth putting the effort in and being consistent rather than hold the attitude that it doesn't matter.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

First exam down. arrested development & fanta binge.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

does anybody know if being an occasional student affects your degree result? I'm doing a module outside my course...if I fail it do I fail my degree??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Doing a module outside your course doesn't affect your degree mark. if you fail, no worries. If you get a first, it doesn't improve your degree mark. Purely recreational.

(as far as I know...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Devia wrote: »
    In arts your 3rd year result determines your final degree.

2nd year grades can count for 30% if they improve your 3rd year grades.

• Advertisement

...if you so elect them to ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Say what now? I need to inform people if I wanna include my second year results? When do I need to do this?

Can't sleep. Too much cola. Also, the kid FOUR doors down from me is having his eighteenth and I can hear ever lyric to the music they're playing.

What's playing now? Can you phone in requests?

Basshunter. Cascada was before. Yes, it's that kind of music.

My younger brother is actually at it.

Cue text from me 'that's not music, it's just bloody noise' - Love Peter Kay sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

When I'm drunk enough, it might as well be Revolver.

I'm musically easy with the right amount of booze in me.

<3 Revolver.

Need sleep. I'm in work in four and a half hours :( The music has stopped though, hurrah

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

So, where is the main sports hall? And do you get to pick examination hall? Haven't received any info on this.

I think I only know about one sports hall... is there any map?:)
    /John

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Love Peter Kay sometimes.

Why not love him all the time? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Wendero wrote: »
    So, where is the main sports hall? And do you get to pick examination hall? Haven't received any info on this.

/John

You wouldn't receive any info on picking an exam hall when you've named it in the previous sentence. I can never figure out if you're on the wind up or not but who leaves things like this to the last minute?

• Advertisement

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    You wouldn't receive any info on picking an exam hall when you've named it in the previous sentence. I can never figure out if you're on the wind up or not but who leaves things like this to the last minute?

Grump!

At solo table in library. Just looked out window beside me. Pack of about ten black dogs right outside. Omen?!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

Wendero wrote: »

/John

no. 20 on map

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Grump!

True, lack of sleep. Watched Alien before I went to bed. Great movie but gives me nightmares. Sorry Wendero!

I've got an almiighty hangover. I woke up in a onesie beside my friend, who woke me up insisting my train was in 10 minutes, last night she rang Zinc and left them a voicemail about cameras. I chased a weird man down the street in heels.

Is the email service down for everybody else? I keep getting this message:

"The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Is the email service down for everybody else? I keep getting this message:

"The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it."
    Mine is working fine. I wonder what's up with it?

Mine is working fine. I wonder what's up with it?

It's strange, I asked someone else in the library and they said theirs wasn't working, but he tried it on his friend's computer and it was.

I've cleared my cache and everything so it's not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Mine's not working either from home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Not working on Chrome but fine on Internet Explorer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement