Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Michael Buble July 15th,16,18,19th & 20th 2013 O2 Arena Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

ilovesleep wrote: »

Last time he toured, there was an american band supporting him. They were known as Natuarally 7. Don't know much about them and thought before the concert that they were going to be crap but far from it. They were brillant. Who knows, maybe they might accompany him again.
    Thanks was checking them there, they seem pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I am gutted, was just checking what tickets were available out of curiosity on ticketmaster. Keep getting FLAT tickets, row C and row D. Now, I was under the understanding that these concerts were tiered seating only, as stated in the response to my email to the O2 Arena a couple of pages back.

Their seating map is still the tiered seating only, and there is no Flat seating option on the main page when you are selecting what section you want.

Is this just a mistake or have they suddenly added Flat Seating? If they have, I am furious. I always choose flat seating at concerts and I've paid a ridiculous amount of money for tiered seats already. I have emailed the O2 to see what's going on. Hopefully they will respond soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I am gutted, was just checking what tickets were available out of curiosity on ticketmaster. Keep getting FLAT tickets, row C and row D. Now, I was under the understanding that these concerts were tiered seating only, as stated in the response to my email to the O2 Arena a couple of pages back.

Their seating map is still the tiered seating only, and there is no Flat seating option on the main page when you are selecting what section you want.

Is this just a mistake or have they suddenly added Flat Seating? If they have, I am furious. I always choose flat seating at concerts and I've paid a ridiculous amount of money for tiered seats already. I have emailed the O2 to see what's going on. Hopefully they will respond soon.

That's interesting. They have said that there will be no flat seating/standing, I think because of the big production. I am curious what they will respond to you (if they respond). If you don't mind, please let me know when you have an answer from them.

Well no luck today since it's a bank holiday. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Does anyone think that perhaps there always was flat seating (I just can't think why there wouldn't be) but they were all reserved for the paying fanclub members? And now they are releasing the remainder of them tickets?

What made me look it up was during the competition for the Voice of Ireland they said that the prize was 2 of the best seats in the house to see Buble, of the new tickets just released but I haven't heard anything about this anywhere else. Seems very strange. I want to buy two of these tickets but I am afraid incase it turns out there is no flat seating and it is a mistake?! Can anyone advise me if I should or shouldn't? I would get a refund if it was a mistake or an error on their part, wouldn't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Well no luck today since it's a bank holiday. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Does anyone think that perhaps there always was flat seating (I just can't think why there wouldn't be) but they were all reserved for the paying fanclub members? And now they are releasing the remainder of them tickets?

What made me look it up was during the competition for the Voice of Ireland they said that the prize was 2 of the best seats in the house to see Buble, of the new tickets just released but I haven't heard anything about this anywhere else. Seems very strange. I want to buy two of these tickets but I am afraid incase it turns out there is no flat seating and it is a mistake?! Can anyone advise me if I should or shouldn't? I would get a refund if it was a mistake or an error on their part, wouldn't I?

I'd say if the tickets are on the ticketmaster, it's highly unlikely this is a mistake.
    I don't recall flat seating being available when the tickets were originally on sale. We all thought that because Michael Buble will probably bring a full orchestra with him, there will be no room available for seats on ground floor. Most likely they realised they have room (or got new info regarding the size of the production), thus the additional seats.
    My opinion would be to call them tomorrow morning, see if you can get more info on the phone, before buying more tickets (as you already have bought some). Although, I reckon, you would be able to easily sell any spares closer to the time.

• Advertisement

Hi everyone,

Just so you know, I rang Ticketmaster this morning and spoke to someone there. I said I had a query relating to these floor seats which seem to have been released, although there is no indication of them on the seating plan nor are they referred to on the drop down "Section" menu. He said the promoters have just released the floor tickets. I said that I had tickets for the 15th, but because I don't really like tiered seating I had queried why there were no floor seats with the O2, and the O2 advised me it was due to the stage being so big. He said that there are definitely floor seats available now. He asked for my order number and went through the security questions. He said he was going to cancel my tickets and swap them with floor seats! So now I am on the floor, Row D! Fourth row! i can't believe it - I did not think they would be able to swap!

So everyone if you want to get a bit closer to the action, ring ticketmaster!!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Hi everyone,

Just so you know, I rang Ticketmaster this morning and spoke to someone there. I said I had a query relating to these floor seats which seem to have been released, although there is no indication of them on the seating plan nor are they referred to on the drop down "Section" menu. He said the promoters have just released the floor tickets. I said that I had tickets for the 15th, but because I don't really like tiered seating I had queried why there were no floor seats with the O2, and the O2 advised me it was due to the stage being so big. He said that there are definitely floor seats available now. He asked for my order number and went through the security questions. He said he was going to cancel my tickets and swap them with floor seats! So now I am on the floor, Row D! Fourth row! i can't believe it - I did not think they would be able to swap!

I just bought some in row G! I hope they're good now! I normally go for tiered seating rather than flat but had missed out on all the tiered seating first time around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Hi everyone,

So, I ring ticketmaster customer service, tell them I want to swap my tiered seats for floor seats and presto chango they will do it for me?
    That simple?

Hi again,

A couple of days ago, when I had discovered floor seats were onsale but before I contacted ticketmaster, I had emailed the O2 to see if they could confirm if the layout had changed. They did not respond to me, but they forwarded my email to ticketmaster. Just got an email from ticketmaster saying they had looked at my enquiry to the O2, and to contact them do they can 'sort me out' with tickets.

If you want floor tickets but you already have tiered seats, my advice is to ring ticketmaster as it seems they will not ask questions, they will change them no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

Will be the first time to the o2 Dublin, I currently have Block C Row 1 tixs should I keep these or swap for floor tix , which is the better view in your opinions?

Thnx

What is the seat number in Row 1 block C ,in my opinion you have a better view from this row instead of the flat seats.No one is in front of you and you are slightly raised which gives a better view

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭argentum

Thanks for your response , seats are 74-75 - close to the centre I believe? only 76-77 before block D ?.

Are the tiers far away from the stage usually at other concerts ? It seems impossible to tell from the Michael Buble seating plan, if it was to scale there seems a massive open space on the floor for seating twice the size of the stage!

Thanks in advance:)

No The stage will take up most of the space so very few flat seats i'd imagine unless hes gone for a normal stage straight across and in that case about 700 seats available.I'd still stay in block c row 1 above flat seats any time

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was more tickets released for the Saturday gig?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Was more tickets released for the Saturday gig?

Yes, I just checked. The floor sections went onsale for all five nights but for some reason they are not advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Floor seating? How did I miss this? I would much prefer floor instead of tier because I doubt very much you'll be able or allowed due to maybe health and safety to stand up on the tiers.

Are there any more tickets left I wonder for the floor? For a saturday night or saturday?

I've got a much bigger problem on my hands. I booked a ticket for early in the week and I thought I'd be free from work but it turns out not. Now I'm slightly fcuked.

I wonder are floor tickets still available for the saturday night? I can't check and even if they are I won't be able to pay for another ticket until thursday.

Floor seating? How did I miss this? I would much prefer floor instead of tier because I doubt very much you'll be able or allowed due to maybe health and safety to stand up on the tiers.

Are there any more tickets left I wonder for the floor? For a saturday night or saturday?

I've got a much bigger problem on my hands. I booked a ticket for early in the week and I thought I'd be free from work but it turns out not. Now I'm slightly fcuked.

I just checked the other day and yes there is floor seating for Saturday.

They are not shown in the map or on the drop down "section" menu. Just select "Best Available" and you will see that they are there. If you can get that day off work, you can ring ticketmaster and they should allow you to swap your existing tickets to floor tickets.

Was just checking ticket master and tickets are still available for the saturday night.

I checked out tickets for flat seating and a ticket came up for the 10 row from the from the front which is pretty and I have that on hold until I can pay for it later in the week. Doubt very much that they will change a ticket for Monday night to saturday night otherwise I'd give them a ring. I shouldn't have a problem getting someone for my monday night ticket.

Then there is another ticket up on the front tier front row from the front, still saturday night. A better view would be from there I reckon but I would much prefer floor.

So decisons, decisons, decisons

And of course getting another ticket and I won't eat for another week.

Skint and Skint

Items in my basket can still be bought by others ticketmaster warns so there's no guanrantee when I go back to pay that those tickets will even be there.

I swear if I get a ticket for saturday night that I'm happy with I'll give my monday night ticket away for free.

I got a saturday night ticket on the flat area. I was very happy with it, 15 rows from the front and I bought it. Went back afterwards to play around with the tickets to see if anything better would come up and what came up - a ticket for row D - fourth row from the front.

Wish I had a bridge to jump off this morning.

• Advertisement

Just noticed in the Sunday paper it says Production Seats will be released to go onsale this Thursday at 9am. Does this mean this is the date they will finally acknowledge the flat seating that has been available since Easter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭ciaramc

I take it the Production Seats are Flat Seating? Does anyone think these seats will be restricted view? I swapped my block G tickets for Flat seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

At the same time as robbie Williams, what to do?

Just checked Ticketmaster, there is still no mention of the flat seating there. I am just wondering how many more huge fans would love a seat on the floor who are unaware of this!

How are tickets selling for his concerts?

I won't be at a computer until tomorrow or later in the week so can't check. I wonder is he all sold out now or does arethere more tickets?

I wonder who his support act is? My said this she thought she heard that it was Olly Murs but he's supporting Robbie Williams so it's doubtful. He would be great though.

I wonder who his support act is? My said this she thought she heard that it was Olly Murs but he's supporting Robbie Williams so it's doubtful. He would be great though.

Naturally 7 said on Twitter they are the special guests for Buble's London and Dublin shows.

How are tickets selling for his concerts?

I won't be at a computer until tomorrow or later in the week so can't check. I wonder is he all sold out now or does arethere more tickets?

Still plenty of flat seating left when I check.

Is everyone getting excited?!

• Advertisement

No one?! Well I am beside myself. 2 weeks today until opening night! Can't wait!

I'm going to park in the car park at Jurys Inn Custom House, parked there before for an O2 concert and it was great. I am sure it always stays open a bit later for events at the O2 (their website says it closes at 10pm).

The show seems to be getting an amazing response in London. Can't wait until he gets to Ireland!

Advertisement