Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cheekbones - special announcement

• 10-09-2001 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi everyone

Just to let you all know that Cheekbones,our regular 80s soirée at the Dice Bar, will *not* be
    happening this Friday. The following Friday, September 21st will feature Cheekbones regular Marc Redmond (of Fridays on XFm fame) and special guest DJ Shane Galvin, and the Friday after that, September 28th, will feature yours truly and the lovely Kasandra, in our final appearance at the Dice Bar.

As most of you know I'm off to London in October, and I was hoping that the club could continue in
    the same venue in the capable hands of Bren and Marc, but the venue management have decided
    that they're not happy with the Boy nights (despite the fact we play all the same tunes!) and have booked someone else in. We've been warned about this kind of carry on from the Dice Bar by other DJs (thanks Fin!), but we thought we'd escaped this kind of treatment after pulling in the punters for 13 weeks in a row.

The guys have been offered Saturday nights at this venue, but as Kim Wilde once sagely said,
    "Friday night and everyone's moving...", so we've decided that Cheekbones will be moving, to a
    different venue. Watch this space and we'll let you know! In the mean time, thanks to everyone
    who's come down and made the night such great event. As for the rest of you, you only have a few
    weeks left to check out the club in its spawning ground, so see you there!

Thanks
    Lolo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭c_o_ck p_i_ss chillage

Where's my GIG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

What *are* you talking about? Did I drunkenly promise you a slot at Cheekbbones or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

Update: now that Suicide's cancelled I'm going to share tonigt's deck duties with Shane. See yez all there for a pint of Wicked Apple (mmmmmm....)

Advertisement