Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LNB replaced, not happy though

Options
  • 29-01-2005 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

I've been having problems recently with picture quality when there was any sort of wind blowing. After a call to Sky, an engineer came out and replaced the LNB for 108 euro.

Thats fine, but whats really annoyed me is that the original LNB wasn't new when they installed it. It was mounted on my chimney so I never had a look at it before. It was taped together, and had cracks and bits missing off it. It even had mould growing inside it. I'm surprised I had any picture at all

What I wanted to know was how long should a new LNB last? Should I chase this up with Sky? I haven't a clue who the original installers were

Cheers,
    Roy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Blimey Thats a lot of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

What I wanted to know was how long should a new LNB last? Should I chase this up with Sky? I haven't a clue who the original installers were

Cheers,
    Roy

most lnbs last for years but should be warrantied for at least a year. I would definitely chase this up with sky. Hate to see anyone shafted like this so if you can get no help from sky I'll replace your lnb with one from a sky+ upgrade which the customer did not want. Hope it works out for you

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11 royoftherovers

thanks Tony for the info. Have sent an email off to Sky, I'll post back when/if Sky reply

• Registered Users Posts: 11 royoftherovers

as it was originally installed by someone else, they can't help. The moral of the story is buyer beware I suppose.

My advice is try and check that any equipment being installed is new...

Advertisement