Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Power ...

Options
  • 29-01-2014 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/six-garda-watchdog-staff-had-penalty-points-wiped-29959182.html

GARDA RESERVE

Meanwhile, it emerged yesterday that members of the Garda Reserve now have the power to issue fixed charge penalty notices and serve summonses.

It is one of a range of new measures introduced to the Reserve following an internal review carried out by Garda Commissioner Martin Callinan.

Its powers and functions have been extended to such areas as domestic violence, child protection, conflict resolution and garda policy on bullying and harassment.Reserve members have also been given powers under the Public Order Acts in relation to the seizure of vehicles and are being issued with Tetra radios when going on duty.

But Mr Shatter said yesterday it was not intended to further extend their powers.

Irish Independent

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

Thats a bloody great idea like taking a bath while using the hairdryer.
    Can you imagine all the cars seized now by budding new reserve busybodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

I don't know just off the phone to a good friend who is a GR and he didn't even know about it ? Which seems weird ! Not to know the powers you can use ?? Maybe it's just him !

• Site Banned Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Raider190

SNAKEDOC wrote: »
    Thats a bloody great idea like taking a bath while using the hairdryer.
    Can you imagine all the cars seized now by budding new reserve busybodies.

Sounds like a bit of jealousy there. Never make a comment on a subject you know little about

N
    3fullback wrote: »
    I don't know just off the phone to a good friend who is a GR and he didn't even know about it ? Which seems weird ! Not to know the powers you can use ?? Maybe it's just him !

Of course he did we have all received training on the new powers perhaps he just didn't. Want to discuss it with a civvie

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Raider190 wrote: »
    N

Of course he did we have all received training on the new powers perhaps he just didn't. Want to discuss it with a civvie

Maybe thats it !

• Advertisement

Raider190 wrote: »
    Sounds like a bit of jealousy there. Never make a comment on a subject you know little about

No i just joined proper. Dont talk down to someone you dont know.

So you are stating that you are a member of AGS. Is that correct ???. If so then using inflamatory terms like busy bodies should be taken quite serious.

Don't make sweeping statement about a body of men and women who instead of sitting at home watching TV decide to do something constructive with their spare time and put themselves on the frontline with their full time colleagues.

SnakeDoc,........ why would a serving member join the Masons.If you are a member of AGS you should know that joining this organisation would contravine your oath taken when you graduated from TempleMore.

Doesnt say anything about been a member of AGS in your post

Really if you are going to spoof make sure you can do it well.

Aug 2009 Posted by Snakedoc Re Joining the Masons
    i too have made steps to make myself a member of this organisation as i believe their intentions are of a good nature otherwise why have such a large following. I have been a member of several different groups both military civilian and sporting and the one thing that i have always found with these groups or organisations is they cater only for their own kind. I have never been a part of a group that would accept any man based on only such vague information as his belief in a supreme being. most demand strict following in the right groups, go to the right schools attend the right clubs socialize where appropriate and with the right sort. To be honest i'm sick of having to conform to the norm that to be accepted i must alter my way of being me so i will fit in. I don't think its much to ask of anybody to accept somebody as they are or, if you will, as you were created. After all don't they say all men were created equal. So to all you nay sayer's that's ok its your opinion, just accept its not everyones.

As far as i see an organisation such as the masons is not in contravention to any oath. It is a group of people gathering for entertainment purposes like a football team. As i am sure you might partake in. Stop trying to one up me raider please it is vindictive and foolish. You scolded me when i made a comment and now trawling through my old posts from four years ago to dig up dirt. Is this relevent to the thread i think not. The topic is powers been given to the garda reserve and i am perfectly entitled to my opinion which is that it is a terrible idea. Like it or lump it. So before you go on a little crusade here spouting unsubstantciated rumor. Where in my post does it say i joined the masons. Nowhere. You jumped to conclusions and started typing. Next time breath take a second and you will realise you are not always right. As i have said to you on another thread have some humility. Learn to be a bit more axcepting. I dont exactly announce to the world that i was a garda (would you like my reg number)and why should i it was a job not who i am so can you reel your neck in cus your attacking behaviour will not be tollorated for much longer.

As far as i see an organisation such as the masons is not in contravention to any oath. It is a group of people gathering for entertainment purposes like a football team. As i am sure you might partake in. Stop trying to one up me raider please it is vindictive and foolish. You scolded me when i made a comment and now trawling through my old posts from four years ago to dig up dirt. Is this relevent to the thread i think not. The topic is powers been given to the garda reserve and i am perfectly entitled to my opinion which is that it is a terrible idea. Like it or lump it. So before you go on a little crusade here spouting unsubstantciated rumor. Where in my post does it say i joined the masons. Nowhere. You jumped to conclusions and started typing. Next time breath take a second and you will realise you are not always right. As i have said to you on another thread have some humility. Learn to be a bit more axcepting. I dont exactly announce to the world that i was a garda (would you like my reg number)and why should i it was a job not who i am so can you reel your neck in cus your attacking behaviour will not be tollorated for much longer.

That is your opinion and yes please feel free if you are a full time member to PM me your reg number it would convince me that in fact your are a regular and not a troller and I noticed that you used "it was a job" does this mean you are a former member ???
    And yes joining such an organisation would contravention of your oath. As for trawling through your posts in future make comments which are positive in relation to the Reserve and resist the opportunity to use phrases like busybodies. It is disrespectful and as a Reserve I find it offensive

• Advertisement

Ah reel your neck in will ya. As i said before your preaching away to nobody. And seeing as we're posting previous comments here. It was you woh said that it is reserve gardai who mind the full members. So you believe you are better equiped than a fully trained and experienced member of the force. You think that uniform gives you the right to spout rubbish. You say you come froma family of gardai then stop making a show of yourself by disrespecting everything anyone says to you. You have been told to cool it on a number of occasions now and you dont listen. I told you i was a former member and you said in a message to me i was full of ballloney. You take nothing i say to you on board. I will send you no such evidence because i believe you are not worthy of it. I truly believe the garda force is worse off with you a part of it. How is that for clarity. I may be banned for saying so but with the complete lack of respect everyone has recieved from you on this thread that statement is warrented. I will comment no more your not worth the effort. And for your information being a member of a social club does not contravene any oath. Good day. Hope you learn those lessons some day.

Ah reel your neck in will ya. As i said before your preaching away to nobody. And seeing as we're posting previous comments here. It was you woh said that it is reserve gardai who mind the full members. So you believe you are better equiped than a fully trained and experienced member of the force. You think that uniform gives you the right to spout rubbish. You say you come froma family of gardai then stop making a show of yourself by disrespecting everything anyone says to you. You have been told to cool it on a number of occasions now and you dont listen. I told you i was a former member and you said in a message to me i was full of ballloney. You take nothing i say to you on board. I will send you no such evidence because i believe you are not worthy of it. I truly believe the garda force is worse off with you a part of it. How is that for clarity. I may be banned for saying so but with the complete lack of respect everyone has recieved from you on this thread that statement is warrented. I will comment no more your not worth the effort. And for your information being a member of a social club does not contravene any oath. Good day. Hope you learn those lessons some day.

You come in to this forum and brand the entire Garda reserve as busy bodies and expect that comment to go unchallenged. You then claim to be a former member of AGS. You then proceed to pm me with sinister undertones . As for my family some are currently serving members so excuse me if I prefer to take their advice rather than yours. A qualified opinion is understandably more credible You are not a member and not a reserve so why not just do the decent thing and withdraw your comment and apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭bluetop

I am sure everyone is reading this and wondering what the heck, why not just forget it move on and get the thread back on the topic, yes everyone says things others dislike its the nature of the beast, but come on guys we are all grown ups here well i hope we are and big enough to take this on the chin.

Time to move forward with things. :)

bluetop wrote: »
    I am sure everyone is reading this and wondering what the heck, why not just forget it move on and get the thread back on the topic, yes everyone says things others dislike its the nature of the beast, but come on guys we are all grown ups here well i hope we are and big enough to take this on the chin.

Time to move forward with things. :)

You are right

Advertisement