Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PME DC905 Secondary Teaching

• 26-03-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Does anyone know when the places in PME in DCU will be offered? I know the interviews were held this week just wondering whats the standard time frame...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nawna92

Some seem to have got them today but i've got nothing so far :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brianicus

Nawna92 wrote: »
    Some seem to have got them today but i've got nothing so far :confused:

Yeah I was offered a place today...
    I had emailed them on Monday and they said places will be offered late this week or early next week so hopefully you hear something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I received my offer on Wednesday, hopefully you hear soon!! fingers crossed for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 booley123

Hi, I was wondering could anyone that's been accepted to the course tell me what the fees are for 2014 for the pme in DCU. I can only find last years fees on the website thanks

booley123 wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering could anyone that's been accepted to the course tell me what the fees are for 2014 for the pme in DCU. I can only find last years fees on the website thanks

Not too sure I reckon it will be similar to last year..
    Are there any grants available for this course??

• Advertisement

I would imagine SUSI have the answers re grants? I've no clue but don't see why there wouldn't be any available?

How many places were offered do you know? Looking forward to starting!

I have no idea, I wouldn't imagine too many...
    yeah i'm looking forward to it..Should be interesting trying to fit everything in between the lectures, placement and work...

I'm looking forward to it but I agree it will be a challenge. Have you sorted your placement yet?
    I'm tutoring in a grind school at the moment so I'm up to date with the LC curriculum for both subjects, thankfully. Need to do some brushing up on the JC curriculum over the summer I think!

Yeah I have a placement just trying to work out the days and that hopefully I can get four hours in one day..
    Im not to sure about either of the curriculums but im sure it will be ok I don't think its changed to much in the past ten years

I'm going to be going into the school after Easter to organise everything.
    There will definitely be a lot to juggle!
    What subjects are you doing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 MNC

Hi guys,
    I won't be applying for the PME until next year but just wondering is there a different method of applying for DCU as it's not on the pac page ?
    Thanks

MNC wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I won't be applying for the PME until next year but just wondering is there a different method of applying for DCU as it's not on the pac page ?
    Thanks

It should be on the PAC page, it might be down because the offers just came out or something?

Found it , thanks! It doesn't have points down though, is the application process slightly different ?

Found it , thanks! It doesn't have points down though, is the application process slightly different ?

Because it's a postgraduate course, it's based on your undergraduate degree, not your CAO points. You need to have a suitable undergraduate degree with subjects that will be ratified by the Teaching Council.

Ya no its just with the other colleges, ucc, ucd etc there were points down (your undergrad gpa corresponding to a certain number of points) but there was nothing for dcu and I was just wondering is the application interview based as it didn't specify. Sorry for all the questions!

Ya no its just with the other colleges, ucc, ucd etc there were points down (your undergrad gpa corresponding to a certain number of points) but there was nothing for dcu and I was just wondering is the application interview based as it didn't specify. Sorry for all the questions!

I don't remember ever seeing that on the process last year.
    There is an interview for this course, yes.

Ok thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Chopper12

Has anyone heard anything about the structure of the new PME at DCU?

Will it stay at two evenings a week or increase to three?

For those of us who have to organise work this would be handy to know sooner rather than later.

In my interview I was told it will probably stay as two evenings with the other hours being made up in the library and online. I hope this is the case as it will save me a lot of time and money doing two evenings instead of three.

Has anyone else heard anything?

It might be worth an email to them?

It will help when organising with the school too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Rio1985

Hi

Does anyone know yet to the structure of the PME programme as is it staying at 2 evenings or moving to 3 evenings?

• Advertisement

Haven't received any emails from them yet!

ah ok, was just wondering as it would be useful in organizing work.

Ya it would be good to know sooner rather than later.

In the interview I asked that question and was told it will probably stay as two evenings a week with the time being made up in the library and online.

I need to sort out my work to.

With regards to the PME does anyone know if there is a limit on the distance your school placement can be from DCU?

Before anyone suggests it, yes I have emailed them to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Carton11

Hi, i just got a second round offer for the DCU PME and was wondering did anyone get clarification that it is still 2 evenings per week? Also anyone hear anything about fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

Carton11 wrote: »
    Hi, i just got a second round offer for the DCU PME and was wondering did anyone get clarification that it is still 2 evenings per week? Also anyone hear anything about fees?

Two evenings per week: Tuesday and Wednesday from 5-8.

See here under Programme Structure:

http://www.dcu.ie/prospective/deginfo.php?classname=PDE&originating_school=70

But has the 2 evenings a week not to be confirmed by DCU? Is that information on the DCU website there a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭TheBody

Rio1985 wrote: »
    But has the 2 evenings a week not to be confirmed by DCU? Is that information on the DCU website there a while?

It says for students starting in 2014.

Yeah true I really hope it stays at the 2 evenings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Carton11

Yeah it hasn't been updated in awhile because they still have it as 60 credits instead of the new 120 credits in the programme structure section

Advertisement