Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Issue with Magnet Telecom

• 28-06-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

Hi All,

We moved to Magnet Telecom last November, however ever since we have been with them we are having issues with our telephone (VOIP) which is connected through their router. The issue we are facing is every couple of days the phone stops working.. I can ring people and other people can ring us, but there is no audio.. so we have to keep rebooting our router for this issue to be fixed.. we have a case with opened with Magnet, but they still haven't fixed the issue (nearly 7 months later).. they did replace our router a while back which didn't do anything.. They are now telling us that it is a manufacturing fault with their routers and have no estimate on when the issue will be fixed.. I am really pissed off with their poor service, as I am paying full price for a services that doesn't work half of the time... anybody else in the same boat ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Gmaximum

To say it's a manufacturing fault with the router doesn't clear them of blame. They would have chosen the router/manufacturer to work with their services. No reason why you shouldn't be able to cancel even if you're under contract as they can not provide the service promised - you've given them 7 months you're a patient customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

If its a fault with the router, ask them to supply one which works!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tom_murphy112

They still keep telling us that it is a fault with the router (manufacturing fault) and they have no idea when they can expect to get it fixed (from the manufacturing end)... it is kinda annoying since they still charge us around €55 for both the telephone and broadband package.. when asked about reducing the phone bill they insist they will refund the money when the issue is fixed.. which obviously they don't know when that will be... Is there any legal obligation from a telecom company ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭ Aliza Modern Silhouette

Yeah I have been a customer for around the same time frame and have been having the same issue..

They still keep telling us that it is a fault with the router (manufacturing fault) and they have no idea when they can expect to get it fixed (from the manufacturing end)... it is kinda annoying since they still charge us around €55 for both the telephone and broadband package.. when asked about reducing the phone bill they insist they will refund the money when the issue is fixed.. which obviously they don't know when that will be... Is there any legal obligation from a telecom company ?

They supply the router it's their issue. No problem cancelling

• Advertisement

Gmaximum wrote: »
    They supply the router it's their issue. No problem cancelling

I don't mind cancelling their service, but I paid a €50 connection fee as they don't have a fixed contract.. do you reckon I can ask them to give me back my connection fee + a reasonable amount for the loss of telephone service over the past 7 months ?

I don't mind cancelling their service, but I paid a €50 connection fee as they don't have a fixed contract.. do you reckon I can ask them to give me back my connection fee + a reasonable amount for the loss of telephone service over the past 7 months ?

Maybe use there complaints procedure on the website. I had an issue with speeds dropping all the time on my connection and experienced fob offs of all sorts. In the end I used their official complaints process to resolve.

To be honsest I'm not sure about the €50 as its no contract, although I would be of the opinion they should refund it at a minimum. But - they actually retain ownership of the router under their T&C's. Its 100% a Magnet issue which thye've admitted but tried to point blame elsewhere. If they don't give you the €50 go to ComReg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Any update with magnet?
    I am planning to get magnet broadband services.

Any update with magnet?

No update on this issue, they dont even bother replying to my email now.. even if I do call them all I get is "we will contact you later as we have no update" and have never once gotten a call back... my advice is to avoid them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Only thing I liked about them is no contract binding.
    Had to pay 200€ to upc now bcoz upc doesn't provide broadband at my new place.
    Hoping magnet will install their services on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Seank2200

Any update with magnet?

I have magnet and they are brilliant, their customer service arent great but ive never exprerienced any drop in speeds or any other problem. Could just be a once off. By far the best provider ive ever had, no contract either so you can just jump off whenever you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Seank2200 wrote: »
    I have magnet and they are brilliant, their customer service arent great but ive never exprerienced any drop in speeds or any other problem. Could just be a once off. By far the best provider ive ever had, no contract either so you can just jump off whenever you like.

Have a look at the other thread on here....

Advertisement