Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The race for 1st,2nd,3rd or 4th (delete as appropriate)

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

We need City to win today. Arsenal won't loose to many games so we gotta stay ahead of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

And Arsenal score :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

4th will do fine with fa cup win. Chelsea have hard games so we shud get 4th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Long way to go yet, 3rd is still well within our range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

THFC wrote: »

It is bloody tight now. At the risk of sounding cliche, every game is a cup final from here on in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

KingdomYid wrote: »
    THFC wrote: »

It is bloody tight now. At the risk of sounding cliche, every game is a cup final from here on in.

Arse have easy run it , it's hard to see them dropping many points

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Im hoping either Stoke or Norwich might grab a result against them and obviously a draw with Chelsea.

in reality we need 5 wins out of 6 to be in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭theduffer

It must be said going from 13 points ahead to 2 points behind with their toughest game out of the way is a disappointment. It will be a disaster for Harry if we fail to make top 4 from the position we were in. Arsenal are playing like a team, some of our players are not playing like a team. Its simple Bale Left, Lennon Right, Modric in Middle......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

theduffer wrote: »
    It must be said going from 13 points ahead to 2 points behind with their toughest game out of the way is a disappointment. It will be a disaster for Harry if we fail to make top 4 from the position we were in. Arsenal are playing like a team, some of our players are not playing like a team. Its simple Bale Left, Lennon Right, Modric in Middle......

we dont deserve champions league football giving that lead away.

• Advertisement

keane=cock wrote: »
    we dont deserve champions league football giving that lead away.

Yeah very true, I think we will drop more points now. The good start was obviously us in a false position, these guys dont have the balls for it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So on our current form it's looking like we won't even be in the top 5 come the end of the season. And to be fair, we don't deserve it the way we've been playing. Bar the hammering of Newcastle, which was more to do with how awful they were, we've barely had a good performance in 2012. It really could be a disaster of a season, as if we don't get in the top 4, we are going to lose players and we won't be attracting any big names to the club.

Is this because of "Harry for England" or are we just not good enough to finish out a campaign without falling apart?

Kiith wrote: »
    So on our current form it's looking like we won't even be in the top 5 come the end of the season. And to be fair, we don't deserve it the way we've been playing. Bar the hammering of Newcastle, which was more to do with how awful they were, we've barely had a good performance in 2012. It really could be a disaster of a season, as if we don't get in the top 4, we are going to lose players and we won't be attracting any big names to the club.

Is this because of "Harry for England" or are we just not good enough to finish out a campaign without falling apart?

To be honest I just don't think these players are good enough and dont have what it takes to finish off a season. As you say the football this year has been poor and we have never looked like beating any team easliy including lower opposition in the FA cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

They ha e been awful since Christmas, said it last year , need to get rid of Ledley.
    Europa league would be a disaster as well, sad to see the season that after 2 bad defeats then turned around for a few great months.
    Cup run has deflected some attention from awful league form

indiewindy wrote: »
    Europa league would be a disaster as well, sad to see the season that after 2 bad defeats then turned around for a few great months.

Yeah we were in dreamland there for a while win after win after win, unfortunately we have now woken up and the reality is I don't think we will finish in the top four :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I can see it now, Spurs to win next weekend and Harry (and players) to use the 'trip to Wembley' as an excuse to cover up what has been a disasterous few months.

Yeah very true, I think we will drop more points now. The good start was obviously us in a false position, these guys dont have the balls for it.

i honestly could not see us lose a match after the sunderland game. a draw here or there but though we had the handier run in between ourselves and ARSEnal.

this is a question needing to be answered for me. im not sure if it is the england thing or what but something isnt right.

i feel we could lose our top players in the summer. we gave a great run up til jan but its pathetic since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

For me the race for 4th includes failing and coming 5th.

eg In the race for the premier league title only one team can come 1st and anyone else is below that.

I really can't see us falling out of the champions league spots tbh hence the call to delete 4th !

COYS :)

Just wanted to point out to myself that I was talking ****e back then. :(

:( that is all.

• Advertisement

You just know Chelsea are going to win tonight. Then unbelievably we will be cheering on the goons in two weeks time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,055 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

In Jol we trust !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

In Jol we trust !!!!

Hopefully Torres gets fustrated and gives away a peno or gets himself sent off:cool:

Jol is a legend in my eyes either way.:)
    Have you seen his wife;)

davycc wrote: »
    Hopefully Torres gets fustrated and gives away a peno or gets himself sent off:cool:

Jol is a legend in my eyes either way.:)
    Have you seen his wife;)

i havent but im going on google images now

i havent but im going on google images now

Me too haha

Me too haha

I cant find one:o

Fulham looking good for a point or 3

I cant find one:o

Fulham looking good for a point or 3

me neither. cant even suss out her name!!

id never make a private investigator!

me neither. cant even suss out her name!!

id never make a private investigator!

every search i try only refers to her as "jol and his wife"
    not even a hint at what her name is FFS:confused:

chelsea peno!44 mins..lampard 1-0 his 150th prem league goal:(

• Advertisement

every search i try only refers to her as "jol and his wife"
    not even a hint at what her name is FFS:confused:
    chelsea peno!44 mins..lampard 1-0 his 150th prem league goal:(