Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardiman Library

• 19-04-2010 8:08pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 mellowinmycello

are there any entertaining books in the hardiman library? or do i have to go into town to find something consumable? im not talking about books for studying, just for general entertainment. :pac:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭MissMiami

I think there are books in the browsing room that are for entertainment, like I saw the book Marley and Me in there one day so you might find something you like! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

yeah, there is. search the catalog with the computers for anything you might like. i found a good few stephen king novels in the library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

Yeah, the browsing room on the ground floor has a whole shelf full of entertaining books. I know I definately saw Cecelia Ahern there!

• There are comic/cartoon books like Tintin there.

A great way to learn French.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,760 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

There used to be a book about humour across different cultures, packed with risque jokes. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of it but it kept me amused... fairly old hardback I think.

Edit: A quick search of the OPAC - I think this is it: Ethnic humor around the world : a comparative analysis - Christie Davies

• Advertisement
Advertisement