Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eircom fibre ballinasloe

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

False alarm........:mad::o

Must be for CIE. The cab installed is near identical to the fibre cabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭mickyoc85

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Well at long last the KN crew (different than the normal contractor) arrived yesterday and started work. Cab dropped this morning.:D

They put it in an unusual spot. It's down the lane beside the CIE comms cabin, on the town side of the track.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.336412,-8.239252,3a,75y,54.67h,86.32t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1suKWO4W1c-HQRNO0mQtdn-A!2e0?hl=en

Inside the gate in the pic. The copper cab is the other side of the track.

Hopefully its not much longer until i can order,,i saw esb at the cab yesterday.

You're cab is listed to go live on the 9th of September.....

To add insult to my injury, Vodafone reps were around here last week selling fibre. He looked a bit confused when I told him he was seling a non existing product.:D

kaizersoze wrote: »
    You're cab is listed to go live on the 9th of September.....

To add insult to my injury, Vodafone reps were around here last week selling fibre. He looked a bit confused when I told him he was seling a non existing product.:D

I'm delighted,,i checked the eircom site their and my line can handle the 100mb,,happy days.

I doubt youll be waiting too long for your own one,,its installed and all isint it?

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    I'm delighted,,i checked the eircom site their and my line can handle the 100mb,,happy days.

I doubt youll be waiting too long for your own one,,its installed and all isint it?

Nope. Nothin done yet. Not likely anytime soon either.

• Advertisement

Got a call off vodafone this morning,,theyve posted out the huawei fibre modem,,and theyll be calling me tomorrow morning to process my fibre order (apparently),,will keep ye update with order time and post speeds which should be in the 90mb d,,,18mb up region :-)

Update ordered this morning appointment for the 17th for installation,,,looking forward to quality speeds

mickyoc85 wrote: »
    Got a call off vodafone this morning,,theyve posted out the huawei fibre modem,,and theyll be calling me tomorrow morning to process my fibre order (apparently),,will keep ye update with order time and post speeds which should be in the 90mb d,,,18mb up region :-)

Update ordered this morning appointment for the 17th for installation,,,looking forward to quality speeds

I was in a customers house this evening close to the Mart cab, about 50mtrs I'd say. They're getting 93 down & 20 up With Vodafone.

Nothing for me yet.:(

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3766924768.png

Ive to call tomorrow to up the profile but my god its fast compare to my 4mb :-)

Work on the Derrymullen cab started last week. Plinth and micro pillar installed.

Back again today bursting about 20 metres of path to get to the new ESB mini pillar.

Advertisement