Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

as a massive ufc fan and united

ill get 3 games this month and 6 ufc events in two months for the price of 1 delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Do you give them a months notice to cancel. If so do we all cancel tomorrow to have it over withby dec 31st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

mrm wrote: »
    Very good bargain and very positive reaction on here, naturally......but be very wary folks! I had problems regarding cancelling subscriptions with Setanta previously, and on investigation I was far from the only one (there are a few threads on boards regarding the same,and plenty on UK forums). In particular be careful with multi-room and the small small writing on the T&C's.
    I'm not going to derail the thread with the details or cause Boards issues with listing my personal experiences with Setanta (which would not show Setanta in a good light atall), but you should ask the Setanta rep on his return to the thread for a cancellations email address, in parallel with the phone cancelation, just to be certain, and request written confirmation of the cancellation.
    Also bear in mind, if some are having difficulty getting through on the phone tonight to subscribe, the cancellation line may be equally busy during the cancellation days, lines open or not. Just be very vigilant with this lot![/QU

Thanks for the warning,i used my visa card so as soon as the euro payment goes through i intend to block any further payments just to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1 danny66

subscribed 3 hours ago no e mail or connection yet. do you need an active phone line as they ask for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I subscribed last Saturday. Great timing by me eh?? :(:(:(:o

You should have a 7 day cooling off period to change your mind.

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Do you give them a months notice to cancel. If so do we all cancel tomorrow to have it over withby dec 31st

No you get cut off when you make the call

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

As a massive NBA fan, I had being considering signing up to BT before, as BT are the only channel in UK and Ireland which show the NBA. This deal allows me to see what the channels have to offer, and its highly likely I'll hold onto this subscription. Great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

danny66 wrote: »
    subscribed 3 hours ago no e mail or connection yet. do you need an active phone line as they ask for one.

We have a active landline
    I just signed up online, got the confirmation e-mail straight away and have the channel on TV.

• tempted for this but whats the betting on New Years Eve they take forever to answer the phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Bannerman7

tempted for this but whats the betting on New Years Eve they take forever to answer the phones?

Call the 30th to be on the safe side:cool:

• Advertisement

danny66 wrote: »

No land line and got it straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Signed up a half an hour ago,channels just on now

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Signed up, and was connected instantly.

Ligue 1 highlights now, Bundesliga review in a few minutes.
    Happy fecking days!

Fair play to you OP!
    Now off to set a reminder on me phone for the 29th! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Get In There

gafarrell wrote: »
    Can you just use your Jiayu G2s to make he call. Funny that.

You're an ignorant tool. Funny that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Hi all,

Just to clear up a few questions on our €1 offer:

- This offer is only available for Sky satellite customers
    - If you wish to cancel, simply call us on 0818203040 before Dec 31st. We do not require 30 days cancellation notice for anyone availing of the €1 offer.
    - In the event of a cancellation, your subscription will be switched off immediately
    - If do not cancel before December 31st, you will be billed €19.99 for January and the subsequent months.
    - The offer is not available on multi-room

Below are the full terms and conditions.

*Terms & Conditions of Offer: Customers must call 0818 203040 to cancel before 31st December or will be billed €19.99 from 1st January. This is a subscription service, there is no annual contract but 30 days’ notice of cancellation will be required after 1st January. Offer available on satellite only. Offer does not apply to existing customers.

Click here to subscribe to the Setanta Sports Pack and avail of the €1 offer

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Niall

Hi Niall/The Lads

I have a skybox F5S. I have a month to month sky satellite subscription with all the channels, however setanta and a few others are scrambled. how do I avail of this offer?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Hi Niall/The Lads

I have a skybox F5S. I have a month to month sky satellite subscription with all the channels, however setanta and a few others are scrambled. how do I avail of this offer?
    thanks
    The link is in the post you quoted :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Hi Niall/The Lads

thanks

Do you have an official Sky card in your box ? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Signed up online there,hell of a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Dcully wrote: »
    Signed up online there,hell of a bargain.

Tell that to a neighbour of mine who spent all yesterday evening trying to convince his missus to let him sign up,I was nearly going to give him the €1 myself the poor whipped fecker.

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Do you have an official Sky card in your box ? :rolleyes:

I think you & I know what kind of box it is;)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 47 Verified rep Setanta Sports: Niall

Soarer wrote: »
    Well I just signed up both boxes for €1 each using their individual viewing card numbers, and have confirmation emails for both. Will see what happens from here.

You've effectively signed up to two separate subscriptions which means that if you do not cancel one of those before Dec 31st, you'll be charged €19.99 x 2 per month.
    radiowaves wrote: »
    Is HD included?

Yes. You'll receive BT Sport 1 HD, BT Sport 2 HD and ESPN HD as part of the Setanta Sports Pack
    cena wrote: »

Nope. We will deactivate your subscription immediately after your cancellation request is made.
    radiowaves wrote: »
    Last page on sign-up:

Please tick this box to confirm that (i) you have read and agree with our terms & conditions; and (ii) you agree to waive your right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations so that Setanta can activate your subscription today. Please note: Minimum 2 month subscription applies.

Please ignore the information regarding the 2 month minimum contact. This doesn't apply to the €1 offer and we've now removed this from the website.
    Hi Niall/The Lads

thanks

I cannot access your account from here but if you phone our customer service team on 0818203040, then they'll be able to assist you.

Thanks,

Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

I signed up to this yesterday afternoon, got home and the channels were there...I was even able to watch the West Ham v Crystal Palace game in HD!? I didn't realise the HD versions of BT Sport 1 & 2 were included

Back of the net!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭bren2001

zerks wrote: »
    I think you & I know what kind of box it is;)

Where do I acquire said boxes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant seem to be able to find what Bundesliga games are live over the period.
    Channels live now :) HD too :):)
    Reminder set on the HTC One for 29th :)

Dcully wrote: »
    Cant seem to be able to find what Bundesliga games are live over the period.
    Channels live now :) HD too :):)
    Reminder set on the HTC One for 29th :)

http://liveonsat.com/los__FT_e_germany_ALL.php

bren2001 wrote: »
    Where do I acquire said boxes?

It's deemed as theft of service & is illegal so we can't talk about it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

I've an old box that i bought that has no subscription/no card in it...Can i avail of this off does anyone know?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

is there a link to what's on Setanta for the month of December?

I'm just looking to see what Premier League matches are available to watch under this package.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

can you cancel online? i tried to get through by phone to subscribe and no luck all lines busy etc etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭batistuta9

zerks wrote: »
    It's deemed as theft of service & is illegal so we can't talk about it here.

nothing illegal about the boxes themselves though is there?

Advertisement