Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€36, Hand held games console, TMART

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Check my previous post. I got a different model than most people here.

Mine doesn't play PlayStation or mame roms for example.

It runs megadrive, game boy color, game boy advance, SNES. However the SNES emulation isn't great as those games weren't designed for wide-screen. GBA emulation is much better and looks great.

I've all the best games for GBA on it now. All the super Mario, Zelda link to the past, castlevania double pack, fire emblem, pokemon, Aladdin, final fantasy 1,2, and 6, Kirby, and more .

Can't get the game boy color Zelda games working though. Doesn't get past title screen. Got super Mario DX working though. Happy days

I have both now the white model (the one you have) and the black one.

There seems to be more installed games with the white one, but the screen resolution isnt half as good. The megadrive games it comes with are kind of jumpy and clunky, the gba ones seem better. The buttons also feel a bit "loose" I might give it to my cousin or send it back.

The black one (that most people seem to have ordered) I still prefer despite the fact I can only play the neo geo games it came with (not the ps1 games). Plus the gba and snes games I put on myself which all work fine.

Has anyone installed ps1 games, megadrive games and got them working? (on black one). If so how and what file types!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,713 ✭✭✭eireannBEAR

littlejp wrote: »
    @eireannBEAR

Does it feel cheap?

Yes. It's quite light and the cover for the usb port is cheaply moulded plastic, the speaker isn't great and poorly positioned. BUT the screen is decent quality and the buttons are fine.

Is it slow or does it freeze much?

Apart from not being able to get certain ROMS working on it, it hasn't frozen on me.

How long does the battery last?

Not sure, maybe about 2 hours of continuous use. I've mainly used it for shorter games.

Will i end up throwing it in drawer after one day basically wasting my money?

Maybe! I've been getting a lot of enjoyment out of playing NBA Jam for the last few days. Easily worth the money for me.

Look like its worth the buy but would appreciate the owners reviews before i order it,thanks.

Thanks a mill dude,Good honest review right im off to order one,As i know the score and wont be expecting too much. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

gmisk wrote: »
    I have both now the white model (the one you have) and the black one.

There seems to be more installed games with the white one, but the screen resolution isnt half as good. The megadrive games it comes with are kind of jumpy and clunky, the gba ones seem better. The buttons also feel a bit "loose" I might give it to my cousin or send it back.

The black one (that most people seem to have ordered) I still prefer despite the fact I can only play the neo geo games it came with (not the ps1 games). Plus the gba and snes games I put on myself which all work fine.

Has anyone installed ps1 games, megadrive games and got them working? (on black one). If so how and what file types!

Send it back? You high bro_? Go to all that trouble for the sake of twenty euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

da_hambo wrote: »
    Lads, mine on tmart says shipped however when I go to swisspost site it says not found or something. So dont know where it is. Ordered it bout ten days ago and assumed it would show up on swisspost by now...

It should show up as mailed from Singapore on the Swisspost site in a day or two. Tmart shipped many on 28/2 and they only showed up as mailed between 8-10/3 - arriving here today.

Probably safe to say order volumes have increased since late Feb too which would add a day or two to consignments entering the system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Am able to get PSone games working but only ones in .iso format.

Just place them in the "games" folder. Got Crash Team Racing and resident evil 2 working anyway.

It's funny how they say "3000 games installed" when they're clearly all repeats. I'd say 100-200 individual games tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Hi all,

Not being pedantic but probably more beneficial that anyone with tech skills/ new information about accessing or running games on it post here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057178106

There is a thread setup there trying to achieve great things with this unit :-)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Got my white tmart console 28 euro version. Dont think it has ps1 games.

so far am impressed by the emulation, it has 3000 games of various types, .bin, .sfc, .smc, .smd, .gbc and .gba.

Bad points are: screen bent and hanging off right out of the box.am tempted to rip it off but the lcd underneath would then be exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Pizzle wrote: »
    I'm an idiot! Didn't even see the button on the side, I was holding down the start (power) button to turn it on when the USB cable was plugged in. Cheers!

Was coming on to complain that mine wasn't holding a charge, quick thread search...

:o:o:o:o:o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Anyone know the active code for the 10 euro discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

How long were people waiting in total for these to be delivered roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Mine came within two weeks but I'd say it can vary by up to another two weeks from experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Guill wrote: »
    Mine came within two weeks but I'd say it can vary by up to another two weeks from experience.

Mine was around 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

da_hambo wrote: »
    Got my white tmart console 28 euro version. Dont think it has ps1 games.

so far am impressed by the emulation, it has 3000 games of various types, .bin, .sfc, .smc, .smd, .gbc and .gba.

Bad points are: screen bent and hanging off right out of the box.am tempted to rip it off but the lcd underneath would then be exposed.
    These are often only stuck on with 2.5mm stops of double sided tape easy to cut some replacements

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just so people are warned, mine got held up in customs and I have to pay €12.68 on top of the original price to get it released.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

keane2097 wrote: »
    Just so people are warned, mine got held up in customs and I have to pay €12.68 on top of the original price to get it released.

309048.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hellywelly

I got one of these - black - never turned it on though I think I took off the protective screen thing. No interest in it so if anyone interested in buying for cost price please let me know

thanks!

Advertisement