Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wii U Pre-Launch Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I agree.

Eh? CPP is moulded perfectly to my hands.
    I love holding it. I hate taking it off.

The connection on the bottom is like the wii mote connection, if unchanged from e3 2011.

Oh no it fits brilliantly in the hands dont get me wrong!
    Just in my hands for prolonged use my little finger and finger beside that one :o go realy numb. But thats prob cause I am now in the Abyss Raid mode, playing for like 4hrs straight and panicking a lot lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Oh my pinky goes numb holding every controller.

http://e3.nintendo.com they updated the site.
    They're live-streaming the main conference, a conference dedicated to showing off the software, and a developer roundtable with the hardware manager for the wii u.
    Excite!
    (wanted to post more on-topic stuff)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So that's Tuesday 5th @ 5pm for the E3 Presentation
    Thursday 7th @ 2am for the Software Showcase
    and Wednesday 6th @ 7:30am for Hardware producer. Guessing if that's live, it's from Japan.

So looks like I'll only be watching the E3 conference live. :)

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So that's Tuesday 5th @ 5pm for the E3 Presentation
    Thursday 7th @ 2am for the Software Showcase
    and Wednesday 6th @ 7:30am for Hardware producer. Guessing if that's live, it's from Japan.

So looks like I'll only be watching the E3 conference live. :)
    That's right.

http://e3.nintendo.com

Nintendo E3 Presentation
    Tuesday, June 5 @ 9 a.m. PDT

Software Showcase
    Wednesday, June 6 @ 6 p.m. PDT

Developer discussion with Wii U hardware producer Katsuya Eguchi(The Animal Crossing guy, if that's important.)
    Tuesday, June 5 @ 11:30 p.m. PDT

Time conversion links!

Only an hour? Thought we usually get 90 mins at least. Though maybe this is scheduled time with expectation of overrun.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure it's an hour.
    I just chose an hour.

The important thing is the time it starts, imo.

Last years was 70 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭iceferg

Does anyone know a good way to watch the press confercence later in the evening , spoiler free .
    Last year i didnt get in from work until about 6.30 and watever website i went on had the wii u tablet all over the site . watching the press conference was spoilt a bit knowing what was comming.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I'm not sure it's an hour.
    I just chose an hour.

The important thing is the time it starts, imo.

Last years was 70 minutes.

Ah sorry, misread the site. Didn't realise was timeanddate. Just saw Nintendo E3 conference and the blue and assumed was a Ninty site.

As for finding a spoiler free site, you'd be doing well, since I'm sure if the site is showing the conference, they're also going to be giving the news.
    Best bet is to bookmark a direct link and stay offline until about 8 or 9 when the replay should be up.

iceferg wrote: »
    Does anyone know a good way to watch the press confercence later in the evening , spoiler free .
    Last year i didnt get in from work until about 6.30 and watever website i went on had the wii u tablet all over the site . watching the press conference was spoilt a bit knowing what was comming.

Best bet is to go to youtube.com/e3 with a browser add-on
    https://addons.mozil...ema/?src=search
    Here's one I used when I still used firefox.
    All it does is put a black screen over everything on the page but the video.
    It probably works with e3.nintendo.com too though, if you want.

If you use Chrome or Chromium, I use Youtube Options, it does the same thing and other stuff to youtube.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd say I'll be a day one boy here.
    Wondering what Ninty are going to pull out of the hat for the launch, hopefully they'll have learned from the lean times enjoyed by jaded 3DS owners that we have to have games worth owning on day one and a system at a price point that isn't going to be decimated in 6 months time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm pretty sure that's one of their key aims with the Wii U launch. They often refer to it when they're talking to the gaming press.

It's interesting to watch the battle going on.
    Gearbox say Wii U is powerful.
    Vigil say Wii U is current gen.

It's like whenever one of them say their line, the other one pops up to say theirs.

"Duck season!" "Rabbit season!"

Though Vigil has said it's next gen as well
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/24/darksiders-ii-wii-u-features-under-a-strict-gag-order/?

So any predictions as to the content/running order of the conference?

Do you think they'll be showing off DS or Wii games? Do you think they'll have many or any "casual" games or will they concentrate mainly on winning over the core audience?

Will they start with 3DS and leave Wii U til the end?

I think we'll see DS and 3DS games since we still have some DS games to be released, maybe for the first 20 mins then they'll go into numbers and charts.
    I don't think they'll have the Wii, except in the leadup to Wii U which will take up about 40 or 50 mins with demos of the first party games and select third party games.
    But other third party games will be shown in a video package like last year. Except this time they'll show actual wii U footage and how the controller's integrated into the games.
    So kinda like how you always got to see people playing the Wii.

Just hope there's no interference like the Skyward Sword demo. :(

They're probably start with DS (B/W2) and Wii (TLS, Pandora No Tou), then move onto 3DS, then end with Wii U.

Didn't they tease the Wii U at the beginning last year with everyone letting a big groan out when they said they'd get to it later? :)

was downtown at lunch, in xtravision and see they have a sign up to prebook Wii U now. Release Date December.

You think they know the month or they just assuming?

Nah, that Dec date is just a place holder for whatever the real date of release is.
    You will see a lot of pre-order release dates of '31/12/12' until the actual date is announced.

Most likely it will be out by November tho, Black Friday in America is around then (I think?) so sometime then..

Black Friday is Nov 23rd which is the rumoured release date i'd heard previously, but personally I don't think they'll release that day as there'll be big queues that night/day already for the sales so the potential Wii U buyers wouldn't want to get in those queues.

But looking back at the Wii and Cube American releases, they came out the week before Black Friday. So Nov 16th this year. We got the Wii about 3 weeks after them

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Black Friday is Nov 23rd which is the rumoured release date i'd heard previously, but personally I don't think they'll release that day as there'll be big queues that night/day already for the sales so the potential Wii U buyers wouldn't want to get in those queues.

But looking back at the Wii and Cube American releases, they came out the week before Black Friday. So Nov 16th this year. We got the Wii about 3 weeks after them

You said it the way I wanted to say it lol, thanks.

They get it out there the week before Black Friday for the Fanboys/Day 1 buyers and then get all the cheap sales the week after too. Seems to work for them, so why change it(for the states anyway).

• Advertisement

Nintendo teasing 3 Wii U launch titles

https://www.facebook.com/WiiU/posts/345083798892833

My guesses are:
    Gyromite 2: R.O.B.’s Revenge
    Duck Hunt 2: Dog Hunt (You know you tried to shoot that snickering dog)
    Donkey Kong World (Mario got a Land, World and Galaxy while DK just got a Country. Hardly seems fair)

:)

Cant look at Facebook in work. What does it say on there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I read somewhere nintendo are showing e3 on their facebook page , i have a feeling nintendo are going to bring the big guns with this console. Going to try keep my hype low but it going to be one hell of a show :D
    As it still cureently stands it be day 1 purchase for me and my first console i bought on launch

Cant look at Facebook in work. What does it say on there?

Basically teasing with name lengths:
    Guess what the initial game releases will be for Nintendo’s new home console, Wii U? Soon we’ll scratch off to reveal the names! ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

smokingman wrote: »

I'm going to go with no:rolleyes:.

The system is selling very well in japan, and it is starting to make Ninty money only now. They have decided to take the Aqua blue one off the market but that is all.
    It would be suicide for them if they announced a redesign this early into the first 1 and a bit year of the 3DS.

In my eyes there is no room or need for a redesign right now anyway

There will be a redesign in 2013/14 no doubt. The thing is tiny anyway and not many games use the second circle pad just yet to justify a new model.

That's the stupidest basis for a rumour of new 3DS hardware I've heard yet.
    Why is everyone in such a hurry for a re-design.
    Wait 2 years like every other DS-line handheld from Nintendo.

New Super Mario Bros. Mii
    Lego City Stories
    Pikmin 3

What i want from nintendo online is 2 things

1. Better pricing on their digital games , 3ds store games are overpriced
    2. Remove friend digit codes to add friends

After that i be happy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

What i want from nintendo online is 2 things

1. Better pricing on their digital games , 3ds store games are overpriced
    2. Remove friend digit codes to add friends

After that i be happy :D

^this, times a hundred. Although it probably won't happen unless they fully embrace the potential of Nintendo Network, and implement reporting of offensive usernames etc. I'll try to remain hopeful though, digit-based friend codes are the biggest pain ever.

• Advertisement

^this, times a hundred. Although it probably won't happen unless they fully embrace the potential of Nintendo Network, and implement reporting of offensive usernames etc. I'll try to remain hopeful though, digit-based friend codes are the biggest pain ever.

I heard nintendo are asking ea to do the online structure , its a possibility, hopefully we see where their online plans be like at e3

Advertisement