Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

found dog

Options
  • 10-12-2011 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

ok so just want opinion here....i found a husky 6-9month dog running around a car park near where i work...she had no collar on but was very friendly, no one around callin her ect... so to save her from gettin hit by a car i put her in my car and bought her to the local vet to see if she was microchipped. she was but the chip wasnt registered. vet told me they were closed for the weekend so if possible i could look after her after contacting the local warden ect...i have my own dog but didnt mind looking after her (really lovely dog). anyway that night i was listening to the local radio station and on it came a lost husky about 2-3 miles away from where i found her. rang the station who gave me the number of dog owner. rang him and told him where i lived and he came out to collect the dog. took the dog without even a thanks...did i do wrong by taking the dog in or what?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bigted2

hi you did not do anything wrong in fact you have done you could to help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

huge thanks to you for being kind enough to take this dog in and prevent any misfortune from happening to her.
    i'm sure the owner was relieved and if they have any decency will call and thank you once they recognise your act of kindness.
    If they had called the radio station, i would like to think that they care enough about their dog to make a concerted effort to find her. I know if it was my gone missing and a kind smaritan had reunited me with her, i would be forever in their debt. Thanks from a devoted dog owner for being so considerate.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭personaltrainer

just felt like he thought i robbed her even when i said about the vet and all....note to all dog owners, just because your dog is microchipped does not mean they can be traced..to register your dog go onto www.fido.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

It was possible that the dog owner was concerned that it was a 'dog found' scam (i.e give me money and i'll give your back your dog).
    unfortunately this is common, as a child, it happened to my own dog and a 'reward' was demanded before the dog was handed over.
    when the dust settles, hopefully the owner will see the light of day and thank you for your help.
    Again, thanks for taking this dog in and for highlighting to all owners ,the need to have the microchip info up to date and registered.

Advertisement