Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

Is there much difference between the green smoke and the one's that are recommended on here (kanger T2 etc)
    I got the green smoke one in the square and didn't find it great tbh, I still felt the need for real nicotine and that's with the high nicotine cartridges, it also kind of leaves a weird tingle sensation at the back of my throat, I'm giving up on it now, a waste of €50.
    Any advice? Would it be worth my while trying the kanger out?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I haven't tried the greensmoke ones to be able to compare, but the kit generally recommended here, the Kanger Twist Starter Kit is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

greenheart wrote: »
    Is there much difference between the green smoke and the one's that are recommended on here.
    I got the green smoke one in the square and didn't find it great tbh.

Any smoker would want to be insane for not wanting to buy a 'proper' vaping stater kit, considering the price of cigs in the shops is now close to €10 a box.

Get yourself a decent enough stater pack for €60 (the price of only 6 boxes of smokes). Every smoker owes it to themselves to a least try it out.

The green smoke yokes are not the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭greenheart

<Ollie> wrote: »
    Any smoker would want to be insane for not wanting to buy a 'proper' vaping stater kit, considering the price of cigs in the shops is now close to €10 a box.

Get yourself a decent enough stater pack for €60 (the price of only 6 boxes of smokes). Every smoker owes it to themselves to a least try it out.

The green smoke yokes are not the same thing.

Yeah I kind of had a feeling they weren't the same, the way everyone on here was raving about them and saying how easy it was to stop.
    As soon as payday comes I'm going to order one of the kanger starter sets.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Take the plunge - you won't regret it. It's a totally different ball game to the cigalikes (greensmoke etc)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

This week is the 4th week with out a dirty cig!

Im on the E-cigs and loving it, i can feel my lungs able to take a deep longer breath of fresh air i feel much better and so does my wallet.

Ive got two e-cigs;
    1) VIP one
    Seems quite good, happy with it but cant buy cartridges locally.

2) Intellicig (can buy cartridges locally but its leaky...)
    Having problems with it leaking liquid each time, so im not using it at the moment.
    Its really a pain at the moment putting the cartridges in seems tricky i followed the instructions but ive had 2 leaking and ive cleaned and drained the thing as on youtube and no luck. Anyone else have similar problems?

At the moment im using the VIP Cig.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Scram wrote: »
    This week is the 4th week with out a dirty cig!

Im on the E-cigs and loving it, i can feel my lungs able to take a deep longer breath of fresh air i feel much better and so does my wallet.

Ive got two e-cigs;
    1) VIP one
    Seems quite good, happy with it but cant buy cartridges locally.

2) Intellicig (can buy cartridges locally but its leaky...)
    Having problems with it leaking liquid each time, so im not using it at the moment.
    Its really a pain at the moment putting the cartridges in seems tricky i followed the instructions but ive had 2 leaking and ive cleaned and drained the thing as on youtube and no luck. Anyone else have similar problems?

At the moment im using the VIP Cig.
    I have got the vip to,find them ok but have to take a long pull out of it to get a good pull and that is noisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭halkar

Myself and OH are both on VIP last 6 weeks. I have not smoked real ciggy since. You can order cartridges online. If you order bulk (from their IE site) they are about half price to kiosk. Delivery is from UK, takes about 3-4 days. I have ordered VIP photon tank kit and some juices from UK site. So far so good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

I'm just wondering how they are working.
    I have to take the battery out of the cigarette after each time I use it as it doesn't fit into the little case.

I got the greensmoke ones.

Are the vip ones better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

pinkstars wrote: »
    I have to take the battery out of the cigarette after each time I use it as it doesn't fit into the little case.

Are the vip ones better?
    If people like and are happy with the cigalike's I found Green Smoke batteries and cart's the best I used (greensmoke.co.uk, not Smoke Green in Ireland) Though their batteries are dearer they are far superior to smoke green's and a way better vape. I was even able to find a PCC for them from China (personal charging case) but as with all of the cigalikes not a patch on upgrades to mods and e-liquids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭halkar

pinkstars wrote: »

Are the vip ones better?

VIP case is same. You you have to take the filters off.
    Had a look at the greensmoke site (UK one). VIP seems to be cheaper if you order online (Irish site).

Trying to order Gummy Bear from ESI, but it won't allow me to select strength or size, so can't add it to the basket. Does this mean it's out of stock? No problem with other Wignuts range, but I want Gummy Bear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah pretty sure that means it's ouit of stock

Thanks Digby. Typical the one I want.

Killer 705 Atty, first video review in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Ollie, if you want something sweet, make sure you at least try Wingnut's Sweedish Fish.

jamie72 wrote: »
    Ollie, if you want something sweet, make sure you at least try Wingnut's Sweedish Fish.

Thanks, already have it. It was my favorite sweet juice until I found Gummy Bear.

What's the gummy bear like compared to sweedish fish? I'd get a bottle but the whole idea of a gummy bear tasting smoke doesn't seem right.

Both Gummy Bear and Swedish are flavours from those Jelly sweets you buy in the shop. I just find Gummy Bear less sweet than SF.

Thanks, I'll order a small taster when I'm next getting supplies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

jamie72 wrote: »
    What's the gummy bear like compared to sweedish fish? I'd get a bottle but the whole idea of a gummy bear tasting smoke doesn't seem right.
    That's the way I was as well,but once you switch to a sweet flavour you never go back

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GazzyWazzy

Heyo...C'mere..I just tried this last week and I'm sold...100%.I'm just on the disposable still..gonna get a kit tomororo...but

I want to get a a kit for my Mam..shes 70..hardcore smoker..I'll be seeing her on Tuesday and I want to bring the gubbins with me,so I've not time to buy online.

Question..where can I buy a good kit for her in between Laois and Dublin?

GazzyWazzy wrote: »
    Heyo...C'mere..I just tried this last week and I'm sold...100%.I'm just on the disposable still..gonna get a kit tomororo...but

I want to get a a kit for my Mam..shes 70..hardcore smoker..I'll be seeing her on Tuesday and I want to bring the gubbins with me,so I've not time to buy online.

Question..where can I buy a good kit for her in between Laois and Dublin?

this is the best kit for starting out,and they provide collection in dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Theirs a BnM shop in Portlaois, sells phones n stuff as well as ecigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 GazzyWazzy

Thanks lads.I'll go in there tomoro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rasher32

hi i wonder if you could help me please, i bought the jasper electronic cigarette and it came with a charger and a pack of 3 cartomisers so i charged up the cigarette and it went from red to green in about 55 mins or so then i screwed in one cartomiser and i took a puff but there was no taste or smoke at all ?? i then tried all the cartomisers and they were the same so i then left it back charging again for a hour in case its the battery and still nothing i wonder do you have any ideas whats wrong ?? the red tip did glow and i bought the tobacco flavour 16mg... any advice would be great cheers karl..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Have you tried taking a really long slow drag, I haven't used that type before but they may take a second or so to kick in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rasher32

nope still nothing .. the tip glows but theres no taste or smoke

Rasher32 wrote: »
    nope still nothing .. the tip glows but theres no taste or smoke
    in not too up on jaspers,but have you changed the atomizer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,923 ✭✭✭✭Esel

The connection might be bad due to being wet. Try cleaning / drying the inside connection area of the cart and the battery with the point of a twisted tissue or some cotton wool. A matchstick might help when doing this.

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement