Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

We're Gonna Get a Dog - My First

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

wow she is so lovely, is she a Whippet or a Greyhound ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

A Lurcher falabo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The obvious question now is, where would be the best place to pick up the following:

A bed large enough for a fully grown Lurcher
    A collar or harness (which is better?)
    I presume I'll need a coat due to their short fur
    Bowls and toys
    I guess we'll need a crate to take her home in the car?
    Food is obvious but isn't an issue

Have I missed anything above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

A bed large enough for a fully grown Lurcher
    maxi zoo do great beds at decent prices.
    A collar or harness (which is better?)
    ive no idea about a lurcher as ive never walked one but most i see are quite calm on a lead and collar.
    I presume I'll need a coat due to their short fur
    yes, again you'll pick up a decent waterproof one in maxi zoo

I guess we'll need a crate to take her home in the car?
    depends on the dog. my staffie has never been in a crate but will sit well in a car. i have a car harness for her that clips onto a seat belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

OP she is stunning, best of luck with her hope it all works out.

For the car I have a harness that clips into the seatbelt. The OH only has a commercial jeep so we use her crate with vetbed in it when we bring that. We also use the crate as her bed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement