Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a festival event please!!

• 14-02-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi

I am part of group who run an annual festival in a small village every Summer - it runs over the Aug bank holiday weekend. We have been struggling for a few years with a good closing event in one of the bars. Last year we booked a country music band and it was a flop. In earlier years what we used to do was run a pre-festival event for 6 weeks before the festival where we would have a heat in each bar each week (we done both Talent Competition and Back-to-Back Competition) which then culminated in a grand finale on the last night of the festival. These always attracted great crowds because the interest was built up in the weeks preceding the festival and each bar would have a representative in the final so were bringing their own crowds. However both these events petered out naturally and we have struggled to come up with a new event so thought I would give a shout out here to see if anyone might have some ideas to get us going again :)

(we are a small village in Donegal)

Thanks a mil
    Emma

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 fearghalcotter

When you say in earlier years you used to do a pre-festival event - how many years ago was this? It might be an idea to go back to a successful formula! Other options, target well known entertainer/comedian/band/dj. Small Village in Donegal also screams in middle of no-where! Play to your strengths, rural themed event such as Mr. & Mrs. Culchie. Pub team events such as who can milk cows the fastest, toss a bale of hay the furthest or something along those lines. A good source of ideas might be available from your local Macra, if there is one around? If not, we ran a rural type event before, if you PM me I can find a list of events we ran.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Have a look at KFest Music & Arts Festival in Killorglin. It just happened over the weekend and was a huge success from what I experienced!

I travelled from Dublin and performed along with 4 other dancers as part of a cabaret and burlesque show with a band (The Art Crimes Band).

The event was the first of it's kind in Killorglin and completely sold out in advance. It was a huge success and a absolutely electric!

Advertisement