Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mass Effect 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭PenguinForce

Normally pre order stuff is given to retailers as a separate card outside of the box, make sure to go back and double check with staff before it's to late, bring your receipt.

Will do, I forgot to ask the guy. Btw are you sure they are doing pre-order items in Gamestop? I just asked one of my friend who got the game and he didn't get any bonus stuff either.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Will do, I forgot to ask the guy. Btw are you sure they are doing pre-order items in Gamestop? I just asked one of my friend who got the game and he didn't get any bonus stuff either.

AFAIK just an N7 Dogtag, will know in about half an hour when I pick mine up :)

maximoose wrote: »
    AFAIK just an N7 Dogtag, will know in about half an hour when I pick mine up

Sure let us know, I wouldn't be able to go back to Gamestop until after half 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

being open minded means not caring what gay people get up to, it does not mean wanting or being ok with gay people hitting on you.
    good christ.

Ok, here's a fun thought experiment: Repeat what you just said, except replace "gay" with "black" and tell me if it sounds racist to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

blaa85 wrote: »
    Mine just got delivered, I couldn't track it either. I'm sure you'll get today.
    I didnt get mine so i wouldnt be so optimistic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

being open minded means not caring what gay people get up to, it does not mean wanting or being ok with gay people hitting on you.
    good christ.

I think you mean tolerant rather than open minded, as that would mean you give it a bit of thought after being hit on before saying no.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Zillah wrote: »
    I'd just like to point out that while it's not of the really bad sort, there is something slightly homophobic about these sort of comments. You seem to be taking offense at the very idea of a gay character hitting on the protagonist, but I presume you think it is fine that a gay player has to endure several straight characters hitting on the protagonist?

Hang on, that wasn't meant to come out as homophobic. I was only saying that about Anders as if you just follow the 'be nice' conversation in Dragon Age 2, he suddenly starts professing his love for you. It was just very sudden and weird, as it came out of no where.

I was all bromance, he was all romance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Vadakin wrote: »
    I'm considering going with someone else for future pre-orders. Any recommendations? .

I'd recommend Gamesnash.ie. I chose the free delivery option and still received the game yesterday. Other preorders I have ordered with free delivery have always arrived on release day. They are very helpful with any queries and have a section on Boards as well.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1222

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Kiith wrote: »
    I was all bromance, he was all romance :pac:

Ditto! Thats what I meant too. :pac:

Well it's all fun and bromance until Wrex takes you from behind :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

55 euro in both GameStop and xtravision :/

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

47.99 in HMV Henry street is the best I can find out there. Went to GS, Tesco, & Smyths all up that direction. So GS can keep their 3 yoyo pre-booking charge!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Glitch! Bastard Bastard Bastard Glitch. I don't have a save file around the time I need and I'd have to replay from the start. I'm 8 hours in. **** this! I hope it gets fixed soon. You can keep playing the game but it's not the smallest thing either.
    I'm loving the game otherwise so I'm just going to keep playing and hope it gets fixed soon and that it will work out in game for me.

Sure let us know, I wouldn't be able to go back to Gamestop until after half 3.

Just picked it up now, nothing at all with it and €55

maximoose wrote: »
    Just picked it up now, nothing at all with it and €55

Just did some searching on the web apparently UK and Ireland are not getting the N7 Warfare Gear for Gamestop. Which kind of sucks since I was hoping to get that N7 Defender Armor :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Shryke wrote: »
    Glitch! Bastard Bastard Bastard Glitch. I don't have a save file around the time I need and I'd have to replay from the start. I'm 8 hours in. **** this! I hope it gets fixed soon. You can keep playing the game but it's not the smallest thing either.
    I'm loving the game otherwise so I'm just going to keep playing and hope it gets fixed soon and that it will work out in game for me.
    :( what was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vadakin

Waiting for it show up is like watching a damn kettle boil. I should really just go do something else, maybe mess around in Skyrim for a while.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Right just to clarify based on first hand knowledge.

GameStop 55 for regular edition, 90 for N7 edition. Dog tags for preorders

Hmv 48, 80, Tshirt for preorders

Xtravision, 55, n/a, n7 codes for dlc for preorders but may give u one if you buy now.

Baed on limerick stores.

Btw my brother preordered his a month ago from GameStop.ie. express post. Never arrived. Do they ship an post or courier?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Anyone by any chance able to tell me where I might be able to pick up a CE of ME3 on PC in the Limerick area? Phoned Gamestop and HMV with no luck and Amazon only have 3rd Party sellers gouging as usual.

Just did some searching on the web apparently UK and Ireland are not getting the N7 Warfare Gear for Gamestop. Which kind of sucks since I was hoping to get that N7 Defender Armor :/

Load of balls that is.

2 day xbox live trial with the game, if anybody wants it PM me!

Come ooooooon 5:30 so I can get home and play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Never got my pre-order tags. Going by the GameStop Facebook page, I'm not alone

^Yeah didn't get mine either, guy didn't even mention it in the shop but I didn't really care... I've enough cheap and tacky preorder crap lying around my room from other games :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Pre-ordered the standard edition in HMV Grafton Street. Picked it up on my way to work at 9am this morning and was told the T-Shirts are only being given free with the Collectors Edition as they only got in 20. :(

sink wrote: »
    Pre-ordered the standard edition in HMV Grafton Street. Picked it up on my way to work at 9am this morning and was told the T-Shirts are only being given free with the Collectors Edition as they only got in 20. :(

sickner, one of the lads I know got the standard one in hmv limerick and got a tshirt.

Will be picking it up on my way home, preordered, but no doubt all the dog tags will be gone, not that I mind, I'd never wear them.

Does this glitch some people are talking about only affect custom faces??? I Just play with the default male shepard face.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Will be picking it up on my way home, preordered, but no doubt all the dog tags will be gone, not that I mind, I'd never wear them.

Does this glitch some people are talking about only affect custom faces??? I Just play with the default male shepard face.

Ya, custom faces either from ME 1 or M2 I think. Default Shep still has his old creepy face.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

I'm not too worried about soundtracks / art books / shoes / pajamas for Shepard, etc; but, will I get any less missions "out of the box" (i.e excluding the DLC) if I get the standard edition instead of the N7/Collectors edition?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ya, custom faces either from ME 1 or M2 I think. Default Shep still has his old creepy face.

Is it creepy?

My 1st playthrough ever, I used the default face, then for the 2nd I made my own baldy scarred looking badass, and it just wasn't the same, binned him, and only use the default face now.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Is it creepy?

My 1st playthrough ever, I used the default face, then for the 2nd I made my own baldy scarred looking badass, and it just wasn't the same, binned him, and only use the default face now.
    Kind of. Mainly due to their fantastic animation department:

iPld7wlVJXjAC.jpg

• Advertisement

You tell me:

Mass_effect_smile-255x300.jpg

Oh, anyone getting the CE be careful, apparently the art book spoils the end boss. I don't know the details, and don't want to know but saw a few people complaining about it on the net.

Can anyone tell me when you 1st go to the Citadel why
    Udina is on the council and not Anderson. Did something happen in the books, did the game not care I picked Anderson or will I find out as I go.

Advertisement