Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlepalooza Music Festival 2013 - Aug 2nd - 4th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭ceegee

Moat tickets now available for 50 quid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Is there any dance/techno/deep/minimal music at this or just bands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Anyone know what the story is with campervan tickets this year? Don't see them anywhere on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Forgive my ignorance but why are the moat camping tickets cheaper than the castle? Is the castle site more scenic/closer to everything? Is it worth the extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭bestleftfull3

moat is just outside the castle grounds from what i remember !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

kraggy wrote: »
    Is there any dance/techno/deep/minimal music at this or just bands?

Well Ceephax Acid Crew and Luke Vibert are playing at it, these two are closely related to Aphex Twin, so some nasty brain dance acid music for ya there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kampik

Is there a festival bus from Cork or could anyone car pool? There is 4 of us and maybe we can split between two cars. Anyone have room?

Anyone know If any of the artists are more deep house or disco or even electronic? Not a fan of acidy stuff.

And can you literally bring your own drink and drink it at the gigs themselves? If so, I really like the sound of that.

Finally, are the crowd usually friendly? Might have to go my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was looking at the line up on their website and a lot of the links to the artists did not work, Palooza wouldn't be as detailed as Life or Body & Soul festival for dance or techno, but theres a scattering of electronic stuff and DJs there.
    Cheepax Acid Crew is Richard D James (Aphex Twin) brother and Luke Vibert has often done shows with Aphex Twin.
    For the rest of the line up:
    DJ Bolts: From Liverpool blends hip hop, funk & soul with everything in between.
    Born Cheating: Mash Up DJ that plays Asian and Middle East electronica.
    Clu: AV DJ or VJ
    Daithi: Fiddler - fusing traditional with electronica.
    DJ Baz: no info on this guy.
    Duncan: Scottish DJ and VJ.
    Ghost Poet
    Le Galaxie
    Sert One
    The Cyclist: From northern Ireland - Electronica & techno
    Tu-Ki
    The rest of line up is bands, folk and some reggae.
    Hope that helps dude.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Was looking at the line up on their website and a lot of the links to the artists did not work, Palooza wouldn't be as detailed as Life or Body & Soul festival for dance or techno, but theres a scattering of electronic stuff and DJs there.
    Cheepax Acid Crew is Richard D James (Aphex Twin) brother and Luke Vibert has often done shows with Aphex Twin.
    For the rest of the line up:
    DJ Bolts: From Liverpool blends hip hop, funk & soul with everything in between.
    Born Cheating: Mash Up DJ that plays Asian and Middle East electronica.
    Clu: AV DJ or VJ
    Daithi: Fiddler - fusing traditional with electronica.
    DJ Baz: no info on this guy.
    Duncan: Scottish DJ and VJ.
    Ghost Poet
    Le Galaxie
    Sert One
    The Cyclist: From northern Ireland - Electronica & techno
    Tu-Ki
    The rest of line up is bands, folk and some reggae.
    Hope that helps dude.

Aw man, you're a star. You've just made things a whole lot easier!

I tried youtubing all the acts but some didn't have any videos and some only had 1 or 2.

That's great, thanks a million!

• Advertisement

kraggy wrote: »
    Anyone know If any of the artists are more deep house or disco or even electronic? Not a fan of acidy stuff.

And can you literally bring your own drink and drink it at the gigs themselves? If so, I really like the sound of that.

Finally, are the crowd usually friendly? Might have to go my own.

Ive never been before but afaik you cant bring any of your own drink into the campsite but theres a pricy off licence to buy cans. The campsite and arena are one large area though so said cans can then be brought anywhere inside.

Can someone tell me how far the campsite is to the car park? The 2010 thread mentioned having to get a bus/taxi back there :confused:

Set times have been announced btw.

Heres the drinks pricing from last year.
    Bar pricing! Cool pints on draught: Budvar, Erdinger, Guinness - all only €4. Cans in off license: Budvar, Stoya, Kopparberg cider - 24 for €50. Infamous cocktails or shorts with mixer €6, bottle of wine €13. This is reasonable pricing as no drink allowed to be brought into arena or campsites due to our specific license granted. No point in complaining as nothing we can do & our 3 day moat camping tickets are only €50 so just grab a ticket now & bring a sense of adventure for this years Castlepalooza

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

Ive never been before but afaik you cant bring any of your own drink into the campsite but theres a pricy off licence to buy cans. The campsite and arena are one large area though so said cans can then be brought anywhere inside.

Can someone tell me how far the campsite is to the car park? The 2010 thread mentioned having to get a bus/taxi back there :confused:

Set times have been announced btw.

You're right about the booze - no outside drinks aloud. But once you buy your cans, you can move anywhere on the site.

The car park was closer last year.
    It's at the beginning of the driveway so about a 15 minute walk to the camping/venue (the previous car park was in the local GAA grounds so was a bus trip then the walk).

• Registered Users Posts: 42 coconutpie

Forgive my ignorance but why are the moat camping tickets cheaper than the castle? Is the castle site more scenic/closer to everything? Is it worth the extra?

I camped in the Moat last year - it's 2 minutes walk from the stages and much more space than the other camping.
    Castle site is more scenic alright but no extra benefits to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Are they very strict on searching? Like is it possible to sneak even a small amount of vodka in? :)

So Castle tickets are 79. Moat tickets are 50, but a 3 day ticket with NO camping is 69.

Seems strange. Only explanation I can think of is that they can have less staff at the gates if most people camp instead of having loads of day trippers?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Griff77

Any idea when they will release booze prices and type of beers available? I see they have their timetable up on the app but no booze info yet. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

Hi,
    I have emailed them regarding the alcohol list as I only drink cider (though not koppenberg) and red wine. I heard they're strict enough entering all right but it seems a long weekend of it if you do not drink any of the drinks available inside.
    Ah well......

• Registered Users Posts: 48 rossy1044

Does anyone know what the castle camping is like compared to the mote camping. Is it worth the extra 30 quid?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

rossy1044 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the castle camping is like compared to the mote camping. Is it worth the extra 30 quid?
    Based on last year nope.
    Castle camping is pretty noisey as its right in the middle of the castle, I would go for moat camping personally (make sure you are on a hill, I know a few tents flooded last year).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 rossy1044

gmisk wrote: »
    Based on last year nope.
    Castle camping is pretty noisey as its right in the middle of the castle, I would go for moat camping personally (make sure you are on a hill, I know a few tents flooded last year).

Nice one! Is the castle camping any more sheltered that the moat camping?

It depends what part of the castle you are in I guess, the castle provides a degree of shelter and lined with some trees too, whatever you do bring the wellies anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PC_ThatsMe

Hiya, I'm new to this and thus don't know should this go here, but I've two tickets for Castlepalooza that I'm hoping to sell. The clash between that and Indiependence was too much for me so I've jumped ship and going to Cork.

Anyways I have two tickets going for Moat Camping, retails at €100 so selling at €75, or €40 each. Contact me if you're interested.

Thanks. :)

Try toutless

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PC_ThatsMe

Will do, thanks.

Knew to this selling tickets business. Feel like I should buy me a trenchcoat and stand down an alleyway while I'm at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kampik

PC_ThatsMe wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm new to this and thus don't know should this go here, but I've two tickets for Castlepalooza that I'm hoping to sell. The clash between that and Indiependence was too much for me so I've jumped ship and going to Cork.

Anyways I have two tickets going for Moat Camping, retails at €100 so selling at €75, or €40 each. Contact me if you're interested.

Thanks. :)

Advertise it as better value, isn't the retail €110 when counting 2x €5 booking fee? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Anyone know how far Tullamore Train Station is from the grounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mkm75

Anyone know how far Tullamore Train Station is from the grounds?

It said on the website that its 10 minutes and will be signposted. But usually with things like that if they say its a 10 minute walk they mean 20...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mkm75

I just won camping tickets today and have never been to Castlepalooza before so I'm in a rush to get sorted and I am a bit in the dark...

What is the drink situation like,
    Would you get away with a few cans hidden at the bottom of your bag or a naggin in a shoe?

28 cans seems like a lot to be carting around and I'd be afraid to put them down or they'd just be picked up....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭krieture

PC_ThatsMe wrote: »
    Will do, thanks.

Knew to this selling tickets business. Feel like I should buy me a trenchcoat and stand down an alleyway while I'm at it.

Sent ya a PM there.....

Advertisement