Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Olympics 2012 to See the Roll Out of the Post 9/11 UK Dystopia

• 27-04-2012 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

What originally started off as a series of athletic competitions held for representatives of various city states of Ancient Greece has now turned itself into to something reminiscent of a battlefield taken directly out of George Orwell's book 1984.

5l5hrp.jpg

Critics of the Olympics have not been slow to point out the dark ironies surrounding the police Wenlock figure. "Water cannon and steel cordon sold separately," mocks Dan Hancox on the influential Games Monitor website. "Baton rounds may be unsuitable for small children."

In addition to the concentration of sporting talent and global media, the London Olympics will host the biggest mobilisation of military and security forces seen in the UK since the second world war. More troops – around 13,500 – will be deployed than are currently at war in Afghanistan. The growing security force is being estimated at anything between 24,000 and 49,000 in total. Such is the secrecy that no one seems to know for sure.

During the Games an aircraft carrier will dock on the Thames. Surface-to-air missile systems will scan the skies. Unmanned drones, thankfully without lethal missiles, will loiter above the gleaming stadiums and opening and closing ceremonies. RAF Typhoon Eurofighters will fly from RAF Northolt. A thousand armed US diplomatic and FBI agents and 55 dog teams will patrol an Olympic zone partitioned off from the wider city by an 11-mile, £80m, 5,000-volt electric fence.

259iavn.jpg

It looks to me that this could possibly be a drill for something more sinister. possibly a mock up for martial law or some false flag attack that will usher the police state. There is also the possibilities of a "cyber attack" blamed on "hackers" that could swiftly draft in a Euro CISPA.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/mar/12/london-olympics-security-lockdown-london

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I was recently saying to a friend "I wonder will there be another false flag on the olympics this time".
    He think no because it would be too obvious and 9/11 and 7/7 were kind of randomly done with just interesting dates used instead.

But im not so sure.It seems to me they might have been building these false flags up to something big.
    I mean why would they spend so much money bringing in all this stuff if they could not justify it afterwards.
    Maybe it is just another drill so they can get the world used to bigger and bigger forces moved into to civilian arenas.

At the same time though i would not be suprised if they had a few "terrorists" ready even if they get caught before any damage happens..simply to justify what i said above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

It looks to me that this could possibly be a drill for something more sinister.

Or, and I know this might sound crazy, but a massive security operation for one of the biggest sporting events on the planet?

Is there any level of security for an event of this scale that you wouldn't be concerned of being preparation for something sinister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Is that what the conspiracy theory crowd is clinging to now that the whole 2012 nonsense has turned out to be waffle.

Newsflash. Major sports events = security everywhere. We, the 99% (see what i did there) are glad of it.

It's comically easy to call an attack a 'false flag'. It just takes a forum and some unsubstantiated bad science and rumour, it is so much harder to protect against the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

It's just a natural increase in security to deter any potential domestic/foreign attacks or incidents.

It's a bit like when the Queen visited Ireland. We increased security to a very high level. It wasn't some false flag just to turn our country into an Orwellian state.

Thats why it was posted in the Ct forums.
    Its about speculation on the other possibilities.
    For me all are possible.

Just so happens, if i posted that the olympics had this amount of security to prevent another terrorist attack,in annother forums(say sports), 99% of the people might say..but of course! whats your point?

Those 99% dont really consider much else but what is "apparent" and what is ussually apparent is what you read in the newspapers and see on tv or hear through gossip form people who got it from those sources.

However on this forum, skeptics like to see all the possibilities and speculate.
    Saying what obvious;y the 99% as you call them believe, is of little use on a CT forums.
    We already know about that likely hood and we would like to consider the other likelyhoods.

Its been shown that the 9/11 incident and probably 7/7 too were not quite so clear cut.
    To speculate on the future olympics as we are now, is not exactly wild speculation.

• Advertisement

Torakx wrote: »
    Thats why it was posted in the Ct forums.
    Its about speculation on the other possibilities.
    For me all are possible.

Possible and probable are, as you are no doubt aware, different things.

But what I find fascinating about the 'CT' angle is how often there are huge elements of dread and grim certainty attached to them.

bear in mind, this isn't a "what if " thread. Not really.
    Look at the language that has been used.

Lets start with the thread title - " Olympics 2012 to See the Roll Out of the Post 9/11 UK Dystopia"

Right from the outset, we've got a direct statement made, the security for the London Olympics WILL bring about a Dystopia.
    Likewise, the summation at the end it's a drill for something "sinister" and the possible outcomes are "martial law" or a "police state".
    And based on what, exactly? That an event of this significance is being prepared for appropriately?

I understand that people like to exercise their imaginations with conspiracy theories, but if other people are serious and not just using them as thought exercises then they're going to have to expect to deal with a level of criticism and using "hey, it's a conspiracy THEORY, duh" as a shield is a bit pointless, no?

And mostly, I'd still like to know if there's a level of security for the Olympics that would not be considered sinister and the justifications for that level being ok. Because that's the nub of this entire issue, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

He think no because it would be too obvious and 9/11 and 7/7 were kind of randomly done with just interesting dates used instead.

Are you saying they carried out these false flags on these dates because they thought "hey these dates bare a passing resemblance to the emergency number and two 7's woo" ?

Just that they were interesting dates to use.

to hooradiation:
    I can only speak for myself and a general few,not all posters here.
    I beleive most are accepting its a theory.Some belive more than others.
    When we are speaking its already aknowledged and its much easier to be ivolved in the topic if you play the devils advocate.
    We do it very well here.
    I find imagining it true while talking about it,helps me to hone in on the more creative angles.
    With that said when i leave this forum,i am not still thinking constantly on the Ct angle.
    Although much of whats said in this tread that is CT related is also just as likely to happen in my view as the mainstream view.

For me everything just is how it is.There arent that many certainties even in alot of parts of science which relies on previously formed and proven ideas relating to the universe as we know it.

As we know it , may not be the full story if you follow quantum physics and such topics.
    So i think alot of us here just keep an open mind.

What i find facinating is peoples need to remind posters that its just a theory.Who is so godly that they know anything for certain?
    I dont go to other forums all the time and tell them they are all neurotic and misguided.
    People arguing CT's on this forum should go somewhere and chat with people they have stuff in common with.
    This is a discussion forum and i had always presumed it was mainly aimed at people who like to follow CT's and theories on the unknown.Not to debate its likelyhood.

Maybe we need a subsection for CT debate so the posters who enjoy denying the Ct is real can talk among themselves about how it cant be true.
    Then people who enjoy CT's can have an actual Ct forum lol

How is 9/12 more interesting the 9/11 or 8/7 than 7/7?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

What makes them interesting?

Would it be the fact that major events happened on them? If either had happened a couple of months earlier then would 7/11 and 5/5 not be just as "interesting"?

Its like saying an Irish person born on the 17th March has something fishy going on;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

How is 9/12 more interesting the 9/11 or 8/7 than 7/7?

Well to be fair I think 9/11 is a very interesting date, I remember watching it on TV.

You folks must be fascinated with numerology or something.
    I simply mean they sound interesting.Kind of rhyme to hear and 9/11 reminds me of emergency. and 7/7 is interesting cause its the 7th day of the 7th month...its not a big deal.
    I said they did it on a random day as appose to doing it on paddies day or some arabic holiday.

And yes 5/5 would to me have been just as interesting. why not 5/7 thats not interesting at all :P

So interesting in that they are entire uninteresting. I see.....

you realise there was a national emergency in america on 9/11 right?
    and that 911 is their emergency number?
    I dont find that amazingly interesting,but its not so amazingly boring that i would change my words just to leave it out at the same time.

Not sure why everyone is so focused on the dates though.
    Apparently that was the most interesting thing in the post i wrote first stating those dates.
    Maybe a diversion tactic to avoid the 99% of the posts that didnt get any replies lol

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

What makes them interesting?

Would it be the fact that major events happened on them? If either had happened a couple of months earlier then would 7/11 and 5/5 not be just as "interesting"?

Its like saying an Irish person born on the 17th March has something fishy going on;)

I know it's not common knowledge but all religous mysticism have numbers at their foundations. If the attacks were planned by religous mystics, and I am not suggesting that they were, then it is more than likely that the dates of the attacks would've been pf high importance to them,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What the hell are they expecting. :confused:

Ground-to-air missiles are to be sited on the roof of a block of flats near the Olympic site as part of a huge security operation to protect the Games.

The Army will station soldiers and high-velocity surface-to-air missiles on the residential block in East London to ward off airborne terror threats. Residents in the private, gated flats in Bow have received a leaflet warning them that a team of ten soldiers and police will be placed at the building – home to 700 people – for the duration of this summer’s Games

1zd84uh.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136795/London-2012-Olympics-Surface-air-missiles-flats-huge-security-operation.html

Their afraid the americans are going to crash another plane/missile... haha!

Just in case my question is getting lost amongst the other words i type

Run_to_da_hills, what level of security for the London Olympics you would not consider sinister, and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

It looks to me that this could possibly be a drill for something more sinister. possibly a mock up for martial law or some false flag attack that will usher the police state. There is also the possibilities of a "cyber attack" blamed on "hackers" that could swiftly draft in a Euro CISPA.

So they competed for and won the Olympics nearly a decade ago - at a cost of billions - to organise a drill.

Yeah. Right.

But what I find fascinating about the 'CT' angle is how often there are huge elements of dread and grim certainty attached to them.

And what is really odd is that even though 99% of the time their predictions are proved to be totally baseless rubbish, they bounce back time and again with new ridiculous doom-laden prophecies.

How did the pole-shift go, guys? I've been hiding in a cave with beans and shotguns the last year based on that prediction - I hope everyone survived it? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

you realise there was a national emergency in america on 9/11 right?
    What happens when you dial 77 in Britain? Oh yeah. Nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭Priori

I know it's not common knowledge but all religous mysticism have numbers at their foundations. If the attacks were planned by religous mystics, and I am not suggesting that they were, then it is more than likely that the dates of the attacks would've been pf high importance to them,

At their foundation? All religious mysticism? Simplistic and completely misleading Brown Bomber. Actually, sorry, I'm being too generous: it's just wrong!
    ... and I am not suggesting that they were...

If that's not a direct suggestion, I'm not quite sure what is. Linking the two (religious mysticism and the instigation of acts of terrorism) in the above manner clearly displays an ignorance of the character of reported mytical experiences.

What happens when you dial 77 in Britain? Oh yeah. Nothing.
    Thanks didnt realise that :P
    Look at the context of the conversation.
    I said it simply was interesting.not even noteworthy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Better to be prepared for the worst case scenario than nothing at all.

Ground-to-air missiles are to be sited on the roof of a block of flats near the Olympic site as part of a huge security operation to protect the Games.

The Army will station soldiers and high-velocity surface-to-air missiles on the residential block in East London to ward off airborne terror threats. Residents in the private, gated flats in Bow have received a leaflet warning them that a team of ten soldiers and police will be placed at the building – home to 700 people – for the duration of this summer’s Games

1zd84uh.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2136795/London-2012-Olympics-Surface-air-missiles-flats-huge-security-operation.html

Maybe they are afraid they will carry out another false flag terrorist attack on themselves with airplanes?

Honestly..tell me how any al-qaida is going to get a hold of a plane within range to run it into european airspace?

Let alone american! Its ridiculous to consider it happening without inside help.

Honestly..tell me how any al-qaida is going to get a hold of a plane within range to run it into european airspace?
    Well, Heathrow Airport is one of the busiest in the world. Then you've another 5 or 6 around London, plus another few of the busiest in the world within easy reach - Paris, Schipol, Frankfurt...no shortage of planes to hijack.

Well, Heathrow Airport is one of the busiest in the world. Then you've another 5 or 6 around London, plus another few of the busiest in the world within easy reach - Paris, Schipol, Frankfurt...no shortage of planes to hijack.

I agree there are alot of planes.
    How would you hijack one?
    A plastic gun like in that movie In the Line of Fire?
    A plastic fork?
    You couldnt even hide a plastic spoon up your ass with all the MRI type xrays they are doing over in england.

Ive been through customs before with all my outfit set out so it doesnt set off the metal detector and the feckers stilll hit some kind of button to make it go off so they can check my shoes lol

That was Germany but my point is we have enough security to stop an army or terrorists already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Let alone american! Its ridiculous to consider it happening without inside help.

Not as ridiculous as the notion that the Americans did it to themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_hijackings

• Advertisement

I agree there are alot of planes.
    How would you hijack one?
    A plastic gun like in that movie In the Line of Fire?
    A plastic fork?
    You couldnt even hide a plastic spoon up your ass with all the MRI type xrays they are doing over in england.

Ive been through customs before with all my outfit set out so it doesnt set off the metal detector and the feckers stilll hit some kind of button to make it go off so they can check my shoes lol

That was Germany but my point is we have enough security to stop an army or terrorists already.

Advertisement