Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Improving camper van audio

• 25-02-2015 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭

Any suggestions for improving my in-car radio? The Camper is a very noisy old yoke, and I have hearing difficulties anyway, so the quality isn't great.

It's solely used by me, so I was thinking I'd install a pair of speakers on the timber bulkhead (cabinet side) behind my head. Any better ideas or suggestions of equipment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Sound deadening is a winner. Our yoke got pleasantly less noisy with added sound deadening pads and glass fibre insulation above the headlining and behind/inside the dash. That meant sound quality got much better too as the van is now much quieter.

If that's not enough, speakers make a huge difference and the best ones to fit are 2 way components from a good make like JBL or Infinity. Woofers on door panels that have been strengthened with 8 mm ply and sound deadening on the door skin. Tweeters can then be fitted on the bottom corner of windscreen aimed directly at you. You will probably need a separate amp to drive them unless you have a recent "high power" headunit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

thanks for the reply. much appreciated

Advertisement