Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking Irish trad music Wedding Reception

• 23-02-2015 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend some Irish trad musicians that play both reels and jigs and sing some ballads?

I have a tight budget and can't afford to pay for a group/band at the reception. Was hoping to book two musicians at most?

We are having our wedding in carlow in the summer 2016 Thanks
    Patricia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Hi Patricia,

I'm from Athlone and play trad music so I know a few people from the area and will ask around and see if I can find any takers. I'll drop you a private message if anyone I know is interested.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 I.W.R.

Hi Patricia,

I play Irish traditional music and songs at weddings in a duo. PM me if you are interested and I will send you details.

David Whelan
    Athy

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Myler3405

Hi Patricia.
    I play in a duo , gigs , reels , and sing ballads , we may 8 instruments between us. And play a lot of weddings , and drink receptions. Lots of experience and very professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sainbaeno

Hi there,

Can organize a duo or trio for you if you still need music. Have own sound system and lots of experience with weddings and corporate gigs. You can tell me what instruments you would like and I can arrange them. I play low whistle, concertina guitar and sing myself. Video available on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Athlonewoman

Thanks for all messages and help,

I have decided to book David Whelan's (irishweddingreception.com) two piece group, they are what I am looking for in music and also based not far from the venue.

Thanks a million for all the suggestions and help.
    Patricia

• Advertisement
Advertisement